BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
The quote bellow is the license for this game.

Registered or not, the way it is worded makes it a pretty good deterrent to just grab the game, slap your changes and call it your own. The last bit also makes it pretty obvious that any contribution and content you make ultimately belongs to Inno. Everything about LT belongs to Inno, doesn't matter who made it.

This basically means if you want to make your own game based off LT's code, you are better off keeping it a closed project. There's nothing deterring Inno from sending you a DMCA, especially if you prove to be a successful competitor. Remember, this is her money-maker and part of the reason why it's so 'successful' its because it has no direct competition...
Out of curiosity, if all of these statements are true, why is Lolithrone or whatever it's called not taken down?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Out of curiosity, if all of these statements are true, why is Lolithrone or whatever it's called not taken down?
At a guess, there could several reasons:
1) You'd need a lawyer to send a proper Cease&Desist and that costs a pretty penny. (She could probably afford it though.)
2) She doesn't care enough to take action against it.
3) Probably not making any money off of it and/or popular enough to be a competitor.
4) There's some good will involved.
5) I don't know.

The license specifically says any and all content made for this game is ultimately hers but she does try to credit mod authors so there's at least some degree of good faith there. Not sure the same extends to Lolithrone since it allows underage content, which she is vehemently against (unless that's just talk to avoid legal repercussions on her end...)

Nevertheless, the point I was trying to make is that you CAN make your own mods or even a modded version of LT but you do so at your own risk. There's nothing stopping Inno from pulling the rug under your feet; either claiming your content for herself or sending you a DMCA C&D. Will she do it? Maybe. Maybe not. It would be an a-hole move and word would spread, which in turn would hurt her rep, but low-risk isn't the same as risk-free.

It would be an absolute kick in the balls to spend countless hours doing your own version only for it to be taken down for legal reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl0sDanger

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Not to make this go on any longer, but you mean Cease and desist, anyone can send a DMCA, even I a guy who doesn't own said works or have any involvement with said work can.
That's what I mean, yes.
Basically "Stop what you're doing right now or I'll open a legal dispute where you may have to pay for damages."

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
That's what I mean, yes.
When people say DMCA, I always thought it was something along the lines of Cease&Desist.
It's not, it's a special law that got rushed past congress and has massive exploits in it. Hence a greek guy sends them out on behalf of every single onlyfans girl. Said guy is also not a lawyer, nor an American citizen.

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
I can't wrap my head around what the combat balance in this game is based upon. I knew I'd break the game to pieces eventually, but I figured it'd be after a few hours, not a few minutes.
Why can physical characters use nonoffensive magic pretty much just as well as mages? What's the point of even playing a mage then since physical damage is blatantly superior?
All the perk trees seem to have very little thought put behind them, but why is the magic tree especially awful? 80% of the tree is infinitesimal boosts that make no practical difference whatsoever.
I have over 500 health. How could +2 health shielding possibly be a reward for reaching the bottom of the magic tree? In the combat tree, the equivalent of that trait gives 5% health recovery per turn. How is that comparable? What does it even have to do with the magic playstyle to begin with?
Why are elementals so wildly strong for how little investment they take?
What is the actual difference between ranged and melee weapons?
Why isn't there some kind of way to resist CC effects and AP drain before they are applied?
Why wouldn't you get wings and three pairs of arms? They seem to be straight, massive buffs without no downside.

Et cetera. I know it has the "Work-In-Progress" stamped on it but this game has a heaping ton of combat in it and it is practically as old as this site. Maybe even older as I can't be arsed to check. Though given the state and age of this, I'm likely beating a desiccated skeleton horse.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
The answer to all of your questions is that just about all of the mechanical aspects of the game have been put on the wayside in favor of (very slow) development of the story, occasional customization options, and occasional expansion of sex mechanics, and once in a blue moon engine work. This will be the case for a very long time.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
It would be an absolute kick in the balls to spend countless hours doing your own version only for it to be taken down for legal reasons.
Particularly when there is no earthly reason why anyone should bother trying to steal any of Inno's IP.

It's been observed that fixing the problems with LT's code is going to look an awful lot like rebuilding the game from the ground up. It would seem to me that - rather than copy Inno's code and then try to make it gooder - any sane and competent dev would just start from scratch, learning from Inno's mistakes.

In particular, I think that a similar game with an attached portrait generator (with good art, of course) would be gold. Even if it were only a portrait of the character's face.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
It would seem to me that - rather than copy Inno's code and then try to make it gooder - any sane and competent dev would just start from scratch, learning from Inno's mistakes.
No. Code is debugged (ha ha ha), there are architecture (dumb, but still) and it works (kinda) so writing its all from scratch is stupid. Its much easier to slowly rewrite code than writing it all from scratch.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Particularly when there is no earthly reason why anyone should bother trying to steal any of Inno's IP.

It's been observed that fixing the problems with LT's code is going to look an awful lot like rebuilding the game from the ground up. It would seem to me that - rather than copy Inno's code and then try to make it gooder - any sane and competent dev would just start from scratch, learning from Inno's mistakes.

In particular, I think that a similar game with an attached portrait generator (with good art, of course) would be gold. Even if it were only a portrait of the character's face.
True, after all the sand box with good side content and side quests would be great, with some paper doll stuff.

Reactions: aspar4gus

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Okay, I checked games github, clicked commit history, and....
Fuck me, 90% of it is a xml files updates.
And 10% that are touch .java files shows reason why OOP considered a bad approach, by functional programmers.

Reactions: BobCarter

blckguard

Sep 11, 2017
I can't wrap my head around what the combat balance in this game is based upon. I knew I'd break the game to pieces eventually, but I figured it'd be after a few hours, not a few minutes.
Why can physical characters use nonoffensive magic pretty much just as well as mages? What's the point of even playing a mage then since physical damage is blatantly superior?
All the perk trees seem to have very little thought put behind them, but why is the magic tree especially awful? 80% of the tree is infinitesimal boosts that make no practical difference whatsoever.
I have over 500 health. How could +2 health shielding possibly be a reward for reaching the bottom of the magic tree? In the combat tree, the equivalent of that trait gives 5% health recovery per turn. How is that comparable? What does it even have to do with the magic playstyle to begin with?
Why are elementals so wildly strong for how little investment they take?
What is the actual difference between ranged and melee weapons?
Why isn't there some kind of way to resist CC effects and AP drain before they are applied?
Why wouldn't you get wings and three pairs of arms? They seem to be straight, massive buffs without no downside.

Et cetera. I know it has the "Work-In-Progress" stamped on it but this game has a heaping ton of combat in it and it is practically as old as this site. Maybe even older as I can't be arsed to check. Though given the state and age of this, I'm likely beating a desiccated skeleton horse.
You can just walk into the shop, buy a dragon fruit, enchant it to give you dragon hair (whatever that is) and you instantly get the full dragon race stat boost. I just leveled fireball after that to target more people and went down to Submission and annihilated the imp castles. Don't think I bothered to level up anything during that whole time either.

blckguard

Sep 11, 2017
So are they planning to Hijack the game? Cus that sounds super promising
I don't know what they're planning exactly, but their main goal for now seems to be saving the world of Lilith's Throne from the horrible coding of Inno. I just checked and it seems the project had another programmer join in to help, maybe in the future we'll see Lilith's Throne with actual playable performance.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I don't know what they're planning exactly, but their main goal for now seems to be saving the world of Lilith's Throne from the horrible coding of Inno. I just checked and it seems the project had another programmer join in to help, maybe in the future we'll see Lilith's Throne with actual playable performance.

Since you seem to have read or played it, does it add any new quests or character content?

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
Since you seem to have read or played it, does it add any new quests or character content?
Just booted it up, it's bigger than Lilith's throne it's just a little under double its size there's also a disclaimer

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
at the very least they are updating more consistently, though time will tell if this lasts or flops, i hope it lasts

Wait a minute is this the kid one?

Last edited:

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Just booted it up, it's bigger than Lilith's throne it's just a little under double its size there's also a disclaimer

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
at the very least they are updating more consistently, though time will tell if this lasts or flops, i hope it lasts

Wait a minute is this the kid one?
Disclaimer says it is, or at least contains it as well.

"FaeLT, a mod of Lilith's Throne, was created by a fan of the original game and features content and options that Innoxia, the original author, does not support or condone.

If you have any issues while playing this game, please refer to the links on the main page which is visible by pressing ESC at any time.

This mod contains lolicon and shotacon content, which is illegal to view in some regions. Please check with your local legal administration to ensure that you are legally permitted to view such content.

By playing this game, you accept full legal responsibility related to viewing such content.

There are options to disable such content if you choose, which are available via the main menu's 'Mod Options' button.

This software is provided as-is with no warranty of any kind. Blah, blah blah... there's some of the original disclaimer below because I can't be bothered to write the rest lol."

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
I dont know how missed that, but wasnt there another called something like lolithrone or something? Or did they rebrand, or am i going crazy?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes