ababcc

Jul 25, 2020
How in depth will the personalities be, is it gonna be Disco elysium level or something in-between?
I admit I kind of post-factum realized how similar this is to Disco Elysium in design, but it's a welcome feature.

The player's personalities will be in-depth, but different from Disco Elysium's, where Harry is ultimately, well, Harry. The player will level up by recovering "memories" of their previous life, in which the player themselves will choose what this memory actually consists of. For example, recovering a memory and choosing it to be one of trauma might make you (more) shy and reclusive, but choosing it to be a memory of a physical or heroic feat would make you (more) confident and assertive. Polar opposites can't be chosen - for example, you can't choose to be both lewd and innocent, but things that don't quite work together will be allowed and will contradict each other on purpose, arguing and complicating your decisions.

This coupled with an extensive player character editor, I hope, will give players a feeling of actually creating a real, fleshed out character.

Aug 6, 2017
Been working on the sandbox game in the last week.
Decided to use the Love2D framework (Lua), go ahead and laugh. It's surprisingly optimized and easy to work with. Fuck engines.​
For now it'll be a malePC game and the NPCs will be female. If sufficient interest is shown, I'll expand to include femPC and other gender identities, as well as gay and lesbian content. But for right now, I'm sticking to malePC and female NPCs. More on this in a moment.​
The game's shaping up to be a hybrid between top-down RPG and a visual-novel-lite. I've included voicelines for some of the MC's "voices" - that is, different parts of his personality are personified as their own identities within his mind, narrating the experience, offering different kinds of insight, and ultimately unlocking or locking certain options.​
In short, who you want your character to be matters - beyond just appearances and kinks. I wish to replace traditional levelling and XP with a personality trait picking system. The more you behave a certain way, the more that reflects on you.​
This is the reason I've decided to focus on a maleMC currently. I believe that it'd be bland if the only difference between your protagonist's gender is your pronouns and genitals. I'd like there to be differences in the way your character behaves and different things to be available to them depending on their gender. It'd be really weird to have a, let's say, seductive male character speak and behave the exact same way a seductive female character. The differences will be subtle, but big enough for me to stave off femaleMC for right now.​
That out of the way, the things currently ready are:

The Player Design System, complete with doll visualization and plenty of (imho pretty fun) flavor text.
The NPC Generator, including appearance, personality, behavior, kinks, and likes and dislikes
The Main Combat Loop

Things coming up next are:

The Topdown Map,
and Sex Scenes (which I hope will be as expansive and interactive as humanly possible. It's a text game after all)

I think this concludes this little rant. Some people have commented on showing/not showing interest in what might be in the works, so I've decided to let you know how things are going. Everything is still early on and therefore very change-able, so feedback and tips is more than welcome while I can still make easy changes.

Wait, is this a separate game entirely? If so, why is this in the thread for Lilith's Throne?

Reactions: PsyTurtle

ababcc

Jul 25, 2020
We spend a good portion of our time bemoaning Inno's work / lack of and saying someone else should make a game like LT, they are just saying they are trying to do so and will likely make their own thread when it reaches that point.
Yeah, it's a matter of very short time before I have a playable demo that showcases all mechanics. I'm discussing this here because it's just a way to tell a very small group of potentially interested people how it's shaping up. Their feedback and comments would help me get a better idea of my own work before it's released.

A thread will be made in the coming days as the only thing that I don't have ready yet is the sex mechanic, but that shouldn't take more than a day. I also have to look up how to even make a fuggin game thread here.

lostanon

Feb 16, 2020
Found a bug; if you're getting sucked off through a glory hole and ask to fuck the other persons ass or pussy, you lose any and all sex actions to pick from.

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
Yeah, it's a matter of very short time before I have a playable demo that showcases all mechanics. I'm discussing this here because it's just a way to tell a very small group of potentially interested people how it's shaping up. Their feedback and comments would help me get a better idea of my own work before it's released.

A thread will be made in the coming days as the only thing that I don't have ready yet is the sex mechanic, but that shouldn't take more than a day. I also have to look up how to even make a fuggin game thread here.
Wow, more power to you man, can't wait to see what you make

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Decided to use the Love2D framework (Lua), go ahead and laugh. It's surprisingly optimized and easy to work with. Fuck engines.
godette.png
I'll admit, Godot looks quite fuckable.

Jokes aside, many dedicated text-based engines like inform sacrifice a lot of speed for ease of use and some of the more general purpose engines will have you fighting the engine. I won't down you for using faster Python.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
A thread will be made in the coming days as the only thing that I don't have ready yet is the sex mechanic, but that shouldn't take more than a day.
Eh? Better than me. I've been working on an ero mechanic for almost a week. Luckily I have an inPublic toggle, so I can work on it at a coffee shop, and various things either don't show up, or show up as euphemisms in German.

(and since my German is rusty und occasionally falsch, even a native speaker might not know what's going on. +5 respect points if you know what 'Planksstil' would refer to).
And as you said, I'm not sharing any 0.01 versions, which may end up going nowhere. No need to get anyone's hopes up prematurely.

Orlov

Nov 4, 2017
As someone who enjoys petplay in a femdom setting, I really enjoyed the scenes with the maid (I think she was called Amber?).
It's been years since I last played it. Any other petplay/femdom options? (Outside of combat)

BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021
As someone who enjoys petplay in a femdom setting, I really enjoyed the scenes with the maid (I think she was called Amber?).
It's been years since I last played it. Any other petplay/femdom options? (Outside of combat)
There's the spider lady in the Elis In the fair/festival/market. Idk what's it called I played this game a while ago.
And there is the rat's shop in the gambling den but there's not much you can do you just get addicted to her and getting rid of addiction in this game is even easier than crashing the economy

ababcc

Jul 25, 2020
Eh? Better than me. I've been working on an ero mechanic for almost a week. Luckily I have an inPublic toggle, so I can work on it at a coffee shop, and various things either don't show up, or show up as euphemisms in German.

(and since my German is rusty und occasionally falsch, even a native speaker might not know what's going on. +5 respect points if you know what 'Planksstil' would refer to).
And as you said, I'm not sharing any 0.01 versions, which may end up going nowhere. No need to get anyone's hopes up prematurely.
What do you use to make your stuff? I speak German, could assist you.

Reactions: ririmudev

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
A web framework (e.g. react, angular, etc); mostly javascript with advanced usage of typescript. My complication is that I went for a real-time system, plus NPCs will have some autonomy, and "eventually" it'll hook up to an SVG animation system, where for a given position, you can do sub-actions (like putting your hands in various places).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The German aspect is fine; I used to be more-or-less fluent, and I still remember most of it. Looking forward to your game thread.

(but don't look forward to mine, as it may never happen)

Reactions: ababcc

Sunsa

Jan 3, 2018
For example, recovering a memory and choosing it to be one of trauma might make you (more) shy and reclusive, but choosing it to be a memory of a physical or heroic feat would make you (more) confident and assertive. Polar opposites can't be chosen - for example, you can't choose to be both lewd and innocent, but things that don't quite work together will be allowed and will contradict each other on purpose, arguing and complicating your decisions.

This coupled with an extensive player character editor, I hope, will give players a feeling of actually creating a real, fleshed out character.
Welp, already got me hooked. Character creation is a favorite feature of mine, but I've yet to play a game where personalities are as customizable (or important for that matter, Inno) as appearances. I'll +1 in favor of gay/lesbian content too, but I'm curious—you mentioned behavioral differences between genders. Would femPCs with more "masculine" personalities be possible? Or the opposite?

LynxDivinity

May 29, 2018
Is there a way to specify which transformations NPCs will attempt to use during the Forced TF scenes? For example, if you set all NPCs to "human" they will usually attempt to TF you to either female/androgynous/male human, but will sometimes attempt to TF you to "female squirrel-morph" or something of that caliber.

I know about setting the TF limits in gameplay options but they don't seem to correspond to NPC preferences

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there a way to specify which transformations NPCs will attempt to use during the Forced TF scenes? For example, if you set all NPCs to "human" they will usually attempt to TF you to either female/androgynous/male human, but will sometimes attempt to TF you to "female squirrel-morph" or something of that caliber.

I know about setting the TF limits in gameplay options but they don't seem to correspond to NPC preferences
If Forced TF Racial Limits set to "Disabled" isn't being honored in all cases, that means it's probably bugged.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
A web framework (e.g. react, angular, etc); mostly javascript with advanced usage of typescript. My complication is that I went for a real-time system, plus NPCs will have some autonomy, and "eventually" it'll hook up to an SVG animation system, where for a given position, you can do sub-actions (like putting your hands in various places).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The German aspect is fine; I used to be more-or-less fluent, and I still remember most of it. Looking forward to your game thread.

(but don't look forward to mine, as it may never happen)
Sounds interesting, if you need help with level or quest design or the like let me know

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes