sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
alright then
First: if you doubt their work quantity, check their activity on github, not in pulls but in sheer amount of code, and at least double it for anything not XML
the amount of shit done is huge and everytime a mechanic is added it often becomes part of the shit to take into account when making anything new
I don't keep up to date on their commits, but i have previous experience modding the game's source code. My experiences with the code required i make 80 mindless edits/additions to add a custom race into the game. The amount of effort required to do simple things was unreasonable. The game isn't data drive which means quest text is stored in the EXE itself, which also bloats up the size. a lot of classes just have a brute forced Enum/switch statement combination. Unless you're suggesting the code has been streamlined and slimmed down, i'm not going to be impressed that code is getting added.

third: the performance issue i can't really say much but i've use jProfiler and it's really some html webengine stuff doing 60%+ of the time and it's a java thing, not the code.
I quite frank don't believe you, because my investigations years ago. When i checked the profiler, the majority of the slow down was caused by sending strings into substring replace functions which would convert unformatted text, into HTML. basically replacing all instances of \n with <p></p>. This was handled on the developer side, not the library side. On small scale, this isn't a problem but given this is the main way text is displayed on the web engine and used constantly, it was the cause of the slowed down and needed to be optimized. Strings are not suppose to change, so if you "change" them, you have to make a new one, which is a waste of time/resources. There is a solution to this, called StringBuilder, which is a class type designed to be changed, and act like a string but this has a problem where you can't find and replace substrings without rolling your own solution or important a non-standard but common library (which she's already done before).

Then there's the way the code update pages. Lets take a massive resource hog like the inventory. Each time that inventory updates (assuming you have to the page open), the developer side code rewrites all the XML code, and passes it to the web engine. No, the XML generating code isn't anymore efficient than the HTML generating code. maybe the web engine is inefficient, and i haven't don't the research required to solve this issue myself, but you should be able to modify the XML passed in and tell the web engine to refresh the display, making the major resource hog the library.

Last edited:

Muxia

Aug 9, 2017
Action Points so if you fight something you always get three but for it isn't enough for me at least
I do remember there is a mod that offers you several body attachments that could increase action points from 1 to 9. It is available on official discord channel

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Thank you. Then we can do anything with Sterope?
You can fuck her, once you meet her in the Enforcer HQ (in Elis) and go through all of her talk options. She will mention that she hangs out in the local tavern (the one next to the market) and you can get into some S&M action with her as the sub, as long as you have the Dominant or Sadist fetish.
She is not interested in some lovey dovey cuddling action, so use her like a cheap, plastic, fuck doll. Slap her around a bit, ream her throat open on your cock, put a ball gag on her, pound that pussy open to your heart's content, coat her in your jizz, and say 'Thanks, slut'. If you don't pull out and knock her up, she will chug mothers milk and finish the pregnancy overnight and tell you to deal with it.

I am not sure if there is anything else you can do with her, I only went through her encounter once.

Reactions: medassin

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
My eyes glazed over so hard I accidentally skipped 2 bug fix updates and the current updated content. This game really is just a deadbeat wish fulfillment handjob that can't bother to give you any prep or lube before saying 'cum and money please'. Jesus Christ.

Reactions: dunklunktunk

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Too lazy to dig for an answer, exe file keeps throwing an error relating to a missing file

Error! Fetish icon file does not exist (Trying to read from 'com/lilithsthrone/res/fetishes/fetish_bimbo')!

if this is a known issue and/or has been solved lmk, if not, i could use some help. Thanks!
This is a missing icon for a baked-in asset. Something must have went wrong either during the extraction process, or during the compiling of wherever the heck you got your game version from. Perhaps a spare cosmic ray zapped your hard drive and flipped a bit somewhere? Regardless, you should probably delete your current install (saving your /data/ folder to keep your saves and such), and then getting a fresh copy to see if it throws the problem again.
As an alternate theory, this game does weird things if you place the game into a directory where it can't write files, such as Program Files (x86). Try moving your install elsewhere and see if it still happens.

Reactions: ratmancool35
Jun 8, 2017
Someone needs to develop children trimming tool/mod (I am assuming slow down as you get further through the game is due to the game having to process all the data regarding offspring) that auto-removes all non-spawned-in children NPC but still keeps the stat on how many kids you have (for the stat oriented folks). My game takes seconds between actions sometimes.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
I am not sure if there is anything else you can do with her, I only went through her encounter once.
According to the code there's some way to meet her when she already has a taur to fuck, and you can convince her to dump him, or share him, thought I have not have that happen yet.

You can also get her to transform into a feral horse if you keep selecting the most furry options in the previous encounter. I was hoping that the sex system would be more different after ferals were officially introduced, but it seems that ferals are no different right now then they were when feral mods were introduced a few years ago.

Funnily enough the old feral rule (if the mother is a feral, then the child is too) still applies despite the new lore with feral stones that temporarily put you into the feral state, so you can use her to pump out non-modded feral children.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
Someone needs to develop children trimming tool/mod (I am assuming slow down as you get further through the game is due to the game having to process all the data regarding offspring) that auto-removes all non-spawned-in children NPC but still keeps the stat on how many kids you have (for the stat oriented folks). My game takes seconds between actions sometimes.
IIRC the main reason for save bloating and slowdowns in LT is because the game calculates several things for every spawned character every turn, which is super inefficient and the VM can't handle it.

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
So I guess I can't get to the desert or savanna or jungle or sea at all... for, what, years? Hm. Plus I seem to be at the end of the quests too. (I guess those species are just not done, they're not even in the custom builder thing)

-- I have since figured out how to edit them into existence even if their native environments are inaccessible.

Last edited:

AG8

Aug 5, 2021
Any idea how I get a certain character to be attracted to me? I brought home this swan-harpy from the Harpy nest. She "adores me" and the game text says she'll do whatever I want. I've already had sex with her in the nest but the option is greyed out after bringing her in and has hover text "shes not attracted to you"

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Any idea how I get a certain character to be attracted to me? I brought home this swan-harpy from the Harpy nest. She "adores me" and the game text says she'll do whatever I want. I've already had sex with her in the nest but the option is greyed out after bringing her in and has hover text "shes not attracted to you"
Slave and Tenant flavor text doesn't really mean much in terms of gameplay. My best guess is that by "She's not attracted to you", it means she's sexually attracted to whatever gender you aren't (which I'm assuming is female, because most harpies are attracted to females I've noticed... or maybe I just got unlucky, dunno.) Enchant the hypnowatch and use on her to change her sexual orientation. Fair warning, it will increase your corruption to do that, if you care about that at all. If that doesn't work, well... no clue what to tell you.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
from what I understand the game engine and everything works fine, all the dev really has to do is add events
Well that certainly should be the case by now. A solid foundation should have been laid and development should consist of alternating new material and bugfixes.

However, the game engine doesn't work fine. It's absurdly slow with some kind of memory leak issue. The actual mechanics of the game are mostly placeholders and are probably going to have to be reworked before anything deserving of being called a v1.0 could be released.

One of the things that originally made me decide to support development of this game (I don't anymore) was that this seemed to be a project where the developer had a clear vision of what they wanted the finished game to be and how they were going to get there.

At this point, Inno seems to have an outright aversion to working on the main plot.

ratmancool35

May 18, 2020
This is a missing icon for a baked-in asset. Something must have went wrong either during the extraction process, or during the compiling of wherever the heck you got your game version from. Perhaps a spare cosmic ray zapped your hard drive and flipped a bit somewhere? Regardless, you should probably delete your current install (saving your /data/ folder to keep your saves and such), and then getting a fresh copy to see if it throws the problem again.
As an alternate theory, this game does weird things if you place the game into a directory where it can't write files, such as Program Files (x86). Try moving your install elsewhere and see if it still happens.
Thank you very much mr lunch meat, reinstalled and it is now working! :)

Sep 22, 2017
Well that certainly should be the case by now. A solid foundation should have been laid and development should consist of alternating new material and bugfixes.

However, the game engine doesn't work fine. It's absurdly slow with some kind of memory leak issue. The actual mechanics of the game are mostly placeholders and are probably going to have to be reworked before anything deserving of being called a v1.0 could be released.

One of the things that originally made me decide to support development of this game (I don't anymore) was that this seemed to be a project where the developer had a clear vision of what they wanted the finished game to be and how they were going to get there.

At this point, Inno seems to have an outright aversion to working on the main plot.
Ill be honest I have a pretty beefy computer since I'm mainly a pc player and haven't noticed any slowdown or memory leaks. I'll take your word for it though, I know it does keep track of a lot of information.

What mechanics are considered placeholders? Everything seems to be working fine from my playthroughs. I don't keep up with the dev so maybe they've said something that indicates that something isn't what it's supposed to be but I couldn't pinpoint it off the top of my head.

I agree with your last point. I've never financially supported the project because everyone here is extremely dissatisfied with her work ethic. This game reached the full-time job goal on subscribestar so it's a bit ridiculous how slow and underwhelming the updates are.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
The truth of this game is obvious to everyone but no one seems to want to say it openly:
Game has been around for 5+ years
You are now at the point where you are fighting the FIRST of 7 or so of Lilith's daughters.
They cant figure out how to add much of anything because every new thing seems to overload the system.
The odds of ever getting to the end are null and void.
Even if they keep this pace and manage not to crash the whole game, then it should take approximately 30 more years of development.
Maybe I am just being a pessimist but I am 50... I dont think I will be around in 2053.

AG8

Aug 5, 2021
Slave and Tenant flavor text doesn't really mean much in terms of gameplay. My best guess is that by "She's not attracted to you", it means she's sexually attracted to whatever gender you aren't (which I'm assuming is female, because most harpies are attracted to females I've noticed... or maybe I just got unlucky, dunno.) Enchant the hypnowatch and use on her to change her sexual orientation. Fair warning, it will increase your corruption to do that, if you care about that at all. If that doesn't work, well... no clue what to tell you.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Weirdly enough, she was more than willing when she was in the harpy nest despite harpies being interested in feminine people. Also, what is the hypnowatch and where can I find it?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes