Taak

Jun 21, 2017
Could someone please tell me how significant was the development progress since that second town was added 1 or 2 years ago? Haven't been following this game since, so would like to know if it is worth downloading it again.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Could someone please tell me how significant was the development progress since that second town was added 1 or 2 years ago? Haven't been following this game since, so would like to know if it is worth downloading it again.
Main quest, minimal. Side content, decent I suppose. If you haven't played for more that 12 months it might be worth it.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
It's strange how many fixes for ferals have been patched in over the years considering they aren't even in the game yet.
There was a Discord Devroom leak a while back...
Feral Content is getting constant attention because a paid commissioned scene/quest requires it.
A scene/quest that was supposed to be added months ago.
Ferals are still broken despite AceXP slogging thru the code, trying to fix the mess.
The paid commission is still unfulfilled.

The scene? NPC in Elis wants to be a literal mindless horse.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
There was a Discord Devroom leak a while back...
Feral Content is getting constant attention because a paid commissioned scene/quest requires it.
A scene/quest that was supposed to be added months ago.
Ferals are still broken despite AceXP slogging thru the code, trying to fix the mess.
The paid commission is still unfulfilled.

The scene? NPC in Elis wants to be a literal mindless horse.
Which NPC?

SmokinDrags

Jul 29, 2022
Any advice how to run this under proton on steam deck? It seems to crash for me every time. Or should I just install Java and run it from desktop mode?

Drex

Nov 22, 2017
The avian legs should have a taur version not just the to two legged ones. I also think they should have the option to add six legs instead of just four.

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
I dont know if anyone already told you that, but I read a lot of "I cant doubleclick the JAR file" posts here.
Instead of uninstalling and re-installing every JRE version on earth, try that (on Windows):

- Press "Windows Key" + "r"
- Type in "notepad" and press "Enter"
- write "java -jar "Lilith's Throne-0.4.8.9.jar"" inside the empty file.
- Press "CTRL" + "s" and save it as "whatyouwant.bat" into the folder where the jar file is saved.

If you did it right, you should be able to doubleclick the new file you just created. After a few seconds, the game starts (for me).

Reactions: Lerikodal

PracticalNeed

Apr 24, 2018
Alright so feral content is being worked on and is delaying the rest of the game because of commission? Interesting. I frankly will consider it a good enough excuse but I hope its a clear enough message not to take commissioned content thats gonna require hefty reworks to get operational. I'm personally not against feral content, it could be fun after all; I still have a lot of hope for this game.

As a note over the past two/three years I've been in the discord server Innoxia naturally works pretty slow and unreliably, I would not be surprised if they thought feral content would be super easy to add in, stumbled on all these issues, lost majority of interest in developing it, and is now just pushing through weakly to get it finished before they work on content they actually give a crap about. So I'm only worried that Innoxia will get so demoralized by the commissioned content slog that they stop developing the game.

mandmihate

Jan 11, 2019
My comment was more wondering why they don't just go ahead and finish implementing it. Leaving it like 90% functional and only accessible through mods just seems strange to me.

And hey, more beast stuff is always welcome. Quite a few games feature some amount of dog fucking, but never have I been the dog.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Alright so feral content is being worked on and is delaying the rest of the game because of commission? Interesting. I frankly will consider it a good enough excuse but I hope its a clear enough message not to take commissioned content thats gonna require hefty reworks to get operational.
The problem is that we've been down this road before. Back when Inno was still on Patreon, various side quests were attached to various support goals. The result was a complete halt to development of the main story. Like, it just dead-ended at the point where the MC gets to leave Dominion for around two years. All so the MC could date a couple of NPCs and

Inno recognised that this was a bad move and said she'd learned from the experience.

Seeing as she's now apparently doing exactly the same thing again, it appears she hasn't.

It probably would have been best for Inno to complete the game engine and systems (eg. combat, character progression. Perks, etc.) at the beginning of development. The game's main quest could then have been regularly released in chapters with space for a bit of side content as well. Once the main quest was complete, Inno could then add side content indefinitely, with only subscribers being able to vote on it. The game would thus become an income stream of indefinite duration with income independent of people paying to play the game itself.

That didn't happen.

Her best move currently would be to smash out the main quest (alternating new content with bugfixes) so she's got an idea of what will be needed to support that and fix up the engine and game systems then (even if it takes porting the content over to a completely new engine and redoing the systems from scratch, which it probably would). Once the main quest is complete, Inno could then add side content indefinitely, with only subscribers being able to vote on it. The game would thus become an income stream of indefinite duration with income independent of people paying to play the game itself.

It looks like Inno is extremely reluctant to do this.

Inno appears wedded to the "development model" of sequestering herself away in her Discord hugbox, allowing herself to be constantly distracted by adding more things to an engine in need of total overhaul anyway and disappearing down rabbit-hole after rabbit-hole of really niche side content.

Pretty much everyone here once shared your hope for this game.

But you can only watch a developer squander the potential of a great idea because someone posted a meme on Discord for so long before hope dwindles to idle interest.

I'd love to see genuine progress made towards a playable v1.0 of this game. I have zero "hope" that this will ever happen.

Z3r0K00l

Aug 30, 2022
The truth of this game is obvious to everyone but no one seems to want to say it openly:
Game has been around for 5+ years
You are now at the point where you are fighting the FIRST of 7 or so of Lilith's daughters.
They cant figure out how to add much of anything because every new thing seems to overload the system.
The odds of ever getting to the end are null and void.
Even if they keep this pace and manage not to crash the whole game, then it should take approximately 30 more years of development.
Maybe I am just being a pessimist but I am 50... I dont think I will be around in 2053.
who would ever thought that it's more profitable to not finish your game.

mandmihate

Jan 11, 2019
The problem is that we've been down this road before. Back when Inno was still on Patreon, various side quests were attached to various support goals. The result was a complete halt to development of the main story. Like, it just dead-ended at the point where the MC gets to leave Dominion for around two years. All so the MC could date a couple of NPCs and

Inno recognised that this was a bad move and said she'd learned from the experience.

Seeing as she's now apparently doing exactly the same thing again, it appears she hasn't.

It probably would have been best for Inno to complete the game engine and systems (eg. combat, character progression. Perks, etc.) at the beginning of development. The game's main quest could then have been regularly released in chapters with space for a bit of side content as well. Once the main quest was complete, Inno could then add side content indefinitely, with only subscribers being able to vote on it. The game would thus become an income stream of indefinite duration with income independent of people paying to play the game itself.

That didn't happen.

Her best move currently would be to smash out the main quest (alternating new content with bugfixes) so she's got an idea of what will be needed to support that and fix up the engine and game systems then (even if it takes porting the content over to a completely new engine and redoing the systems from scratch, which it probably would). Once the main quest is complete, Inno could then add side content indefinitely, with only subscribers being able to vote on it. The game would thus become an income stream of indefinite duration with income independent of people paying to play the game itself.
Inno isn't exactly alone in that right? COC TITS and (maybe) COC2 all did the same thing. They're all projects that got a foundation established then branched outwards forever instead of moving forward and completing they started.

Newlife doesn't count though, it barely updates at all.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes