muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
this "fixed" version.. still hangs after you've been out looking for a second job and go back to lily's work place for dinner... -.-

Just what the heck did you do with that savegame?
All the sudden I have lily walking very suggestively on the left side of the screen, and I can't do anything, I can't go home, can't visit anyone or anything

I can't even open that link with the mega extension on chrome, on my cellphone with mega app or anything

that's what is meant by the ///

Reactions: Litvan

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
That save file worked for me idk why u cant move... the thig on ythe left its a new feature.. as i said i used the 1 version that cme out. i didint used this one wih bug fix...

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
hmm... found another bug....

after she comes home in the evening and her father-in-law has made dinner.. I get inside the house, she automatically takes a step to the left as soon as she's inside the door, and now lily is "stuck" and can't move -.-
(done the bar scene with giving a bj, sleeping with her father-in-law, the picknick/gloryhole scene, and worked at the bar before going home)

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
yup p and p has some bug fixing to do, looks a little rushed with so many bugs in it

A$AP

Aug 6, 2016
hmm... found another bug....

after she comes home in the evening and her father-in-law has made dinner.. I get inside the house, she automatically takes a step to the left as soon as she's inside the door, and now lily is "stuck" and can't move -.-
(done the bar scene with giving a bj, sleeping with her father-in-law, the picknick/gloryhole scene, and worked at the bar before going home)
This link fixes that

Thanks to muttdoggy​

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
This link fixes that

Thanks to muttdoggy​
problem is.. that save isn't straight after entering the house to have dinner so... and there's no way of knowing which choices muttdoggy has made in the game compared to the route I've taken...

so, despite being able to move on from being stuck, it doesn't really apply as a "fix" in my book...

and for the love of god, try using a non coloured text that isn't aligned to center

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
problem is.. that save isn't straight after entering the house to have dinner so... and there's no way of knowing which choices muttdoggy has made in the game compared to the route I've taken...

so, despite being able to move on from being stuck, it doesn't really apply as a "fix" in my book...

and for the love of god, try using a non coloured text that isn't aligned to center
The save is actually from hax. I only corrected the mega address since someone was confused. My actual save is back a page or 2 and is a zip or 7z file. My save file only avoids the restroom bug when returning from the shrink/hypnotist's office and it's pretty linear up to that point.

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
The save is actually from hax. I only corrected the mega address since someone was confused. My actual save is back a page or 2 and is a zip or 7z file. My save file only avoids the restroom bug when returning from the shrink/hypnotist's office and it's pretty linear up to that point.
I used that save to get past the restroom bug yeah, much appreciated for that, now I'm just stuck in a new position further along in the game...

I wonder if I can dig up an old 0.4 and get past this father-in-law (frank) dinner event... or is that scene a new addition only found in 0.5?

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The dinner is a new scene.. where are o stuck now?

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
PandP really screwed the pooch with 0.5 and the insane amount of bugs in the release. One would have expected a more stable release after all the delays.

Hexel

Aug 5, 2016
PandP really screwed the pooch with 0.5 and the insane amount of bugs in the release. One would have expected a more stable release after all the delays.
sorry but cant agree with that, i just downloaded it copy my old savegame and start playing through the new content without any bug aside from the stupid missing soundfile that get easyly fixed by myself!

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
sorry but cant agree with that, i just downloaded it copy my old savegame and start playing through the new content without any bug aside from the stupid missing soundfile that get easyly fixed by myself!
Sorry, but being able to play through a fraction of the game content using save game workarounds does not detract from the fact that they broke the game pretty badly with this release. Hell, go try play through 0.5 from the beginning without using saves and you can't even make it through the first day without running into game breaking bugs.

I played through from the start, and the game is so broken that it actually screws up the sequence of events. It triggered the content from 0.5 and completely skipped the last days events of 0.4. If you consider that acceptable then we definitely don't see things in the same light.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Sorry, but being able to play through a fraction of the game content using save game workarounds does not detract from the fact that they broke the game pretty badly with this release. Hell, go try play through 0.5 from the beginning without using saves and you can't even make it through the first day without running into game breaking bugs.

I played through from the start, and the game is so broken that it actually screws up the sequence of events. It triggered the content from 0.5 and completely skipped the last days events of 0.4. If you consider that acceptable then we definitely don't see things in the same light.
But why would you? Why would I? I don't care. I used my old 0.4 save and had a flawless time running through the new update. I wouldn't call that a "save game workaround". I guess it sucks for people who had never played it before, but then you might as well download 0.4 as well, play through that all the way, and then download 0.5 and import your save.

Also, I can forgive them a lot of things for having that amazing Lily walk render. It's so good.

Hikkes

Aug 28, 2016
I can see where HvN is coming. If you have got no access to 0.4 or the older versions or just say you are just starting out, won't this bugs bug you? Especially now that pandp have already redesigned the whole game with new tiles and stuff, why must i play an older version? For software quality assurance like i do in office, i have to say this is bad and it not entirely pandp's fault either because people have been bugging them for a faster release.

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
W
But why would you? Why would I? I don't care. I used my old 0.4 save and had a flawless time running through the new update. I wouldn't call that a "save game workaround". I guess it sucks for people who had never played it before, but then you might as well download 0.4 as well, play through that all the way, and then download 0.5 and import your save.

Also, I can forgive them a lot of things for having that amazing Lily walk render. It's so good.
Why would I? Because I thought it might be nice to see the outcomes of the other choices that you can make. Considering the game contains a branching storyline it would make sense that people might want to replay it. And I also wanted to check and see if they added any other new cool stuff to the earlier sections of the game. I actually ended up playing past the bugs using 0.4, saving, then going back to 0.5, and even that still broke the flow of things in 0.5 pretty badly at times.

Or like Hikkes said, you have people that's new to the game that's never played it before that might want to experience the whole game without having to play through 2 different versions just to get the full experience. Expecting people to use an older release to get up to date just so they can play the newer release is a bit backwards. That's like Microsoft releasing an update for Office 2016 that requires you to first use Office 2013 to create a document before you can have access to the updated features in 2016.

I'm probably taking this way too personal, but doing occasional software development at work myself I have a pet peeve when people don't do proper QA on their code. And don't get me started on people not knowing how to properly comment their code, but that's a whole different tale.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game, it's probably my favorite RPGMaker game in development at the moment. I just find it disappointing that after the previous 3 releases that were pretty damn stable they would go and release 0.5 in it's current state. From my experience replaying 0.5 from the start it's pretty clear that when they did the QA on 0.5 they purely went with playing from a 0.4 save game, and didn't bother to play through the whole game again, otherwise they would have picked up on all the bugs they introduced.

Reactions: Cyber

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
W
Don't get me wrong, I really like the game, it's probably my favorite RPGMaker game in development at the moment. I just find it disappointing that after the previous 3 releases that were pretty damn stable they would go and release 0.5 in it's current state. From my experience replaying 0.5 from the start it's pretty clear that when they did the QA on 0.5 they purely went with playing from a 0.4 save game, and didn't bother to play through the whole game again, otherwise they would have picked up on all the bugs they introduced.
I feel the same, I used my old save and still faced a game breaking bug, at night walking with fred It stopped moving and I had to close and start anew, nothing major but again it still forced me to start again, never had this kind of problem before and I guess the people rushing the team are to blame... You can only assure the QA of the game/software if you have enough people testing, and testing it well, but this is still my fav game and I'll keep playing anyway :D

Cyber

Sep 20, 2016
hmm If start the game from the start, then 1 day is missing, day after first scene with Fred. Go to work -> 0.5 events starts :confused:

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes