Terablock

Feb 11, 2018
There's plenty of stuff to walk around and find in this game that makes use of the rpgm engine. This would all be lost and turned into a fap-clicker in renpy.
Seriously? Wandering around a city with no interaction with anything and anyone for you is "plenty of stuff to walk around and find"? Did you ever play serious RPG games like Baldur's Gate or the Witcher? Probably not. Many of the games that make use of RPGM are just Visual novels with a lot of useless grind.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Seriously? Wandering around a city with no interaction with anything and anyone for you is "plenty of stuff to walk around and find"? Did you ever play serious RPG games like Baldur's Gate or the Witcher? Probably not. Many of the games that make use of RPGM are just Visual novels with a lot of useless grind.
I have all three witcher games + ALL of the DLC, fucking AMAZING series.

Reactions: Daniel xVxd

Terablock

Feb 11, 2018
I have all three witcher games + ALL of the DLC, fucking AMAZING series.
Ok, fine. and you still define Lilly a RPG and not a Visual Novel... Just to make sure we are on the same page: Valiant Warrior Astrid and Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris make a fair use of RPGM, Legend of Queen Opala is a good example. Lilly (like Anna - Exciting Affection also) doesn't have a world "dense" enough to justify the use of RPGM. When you move the MC around, most of the time you just run from point A to point B, there are no "random" or repeatable events scattered through the world, there are no puzzles, no interaction with NPCs that are not part of a main events. Lilly and Anna could just be designed like LOP games. BUT I'm not saying that Anna and Lilly are bad games. On the contrary, They are really good games but probably they could be better using a different game engine, who knows?

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Ok, fine. and you still define Lilly a RPG and not a Visual Novel... Just to make sure we are on the same page: Valiant Warrior Astrid and Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris make a fair use of RPGM, Legend of Queen Opala is a good example. Lilly (like Anna - Exciting Affection also) doesn't have a world "dense" enough to justify the use of RPGM. When you move the MC around, most of the time you just run from point A to point B, there are no "random" or repeatable events scattered through the world, there are no puzzles, no interaction with NPCs that are not part of a main events. Lilly and Anna could just be designed like LOP games. BUT I'm not saying that Anna and Lilly are bad games. On the contrary, They are really good games but probably they could be better using a different game engine, who knows?
I like the simple interactions and the 'moving from point A to point B'. It makes things feel more 'real' to me. Plus there are things that you have to go and find.

Reactions: blink66

pokey69

Jul 22, 2017
I understand your POV but I personally prefer RPGM. I think the moving around on the map is good for "pacing". Makes scenes more meaningful. Would lose little things like working in the diner, taking the subway, husband looking for lily, delivering flyers.

Ephrian

Jan 31, 2018
Hi guys, I'm stuck on the first saturday morning, after Stepfather 1st morning event. Where is the goddam gyneco? =(

dman1992

Donor
Aug 22, 2016
This new release is taking forever. Some games are releasing 2-3 updates while they struggle to release 1

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Which Work route is best, should I start with the office and open up the library to gain more knowledge, or should I start with distribution of magazines?!

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes