greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
They cant focus on 1 game..1 game!!..still want to make another..pfttt
I can understand your (and other's) frustration at having to wait for a free update to this excellent game, but I can also understand a developer wanting to work on some new after working for almost 5 (?) years on the same project.

(?) based on the 1-sep-2016 date on the initial post in this thread, the actual project start date might of been earlier.

Mendez

Jun 19, 2017
wao few day delay =2Month
If their goal is to build a customer base and consistently grow into something greater while promptly delivering a quality product when promised, then this business model is awful, but if their goal is to put an extra $1000 in their back pocket every month, then this business model has been a roaring success. It’s all about perspective, my dude.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
but I can also understand a developer wanting to work on some new after working for almost 5 (?) years on the same project.

(?) based on the 1-sep-2016 date on the initial post in this thread, the actual project start date might of been earlier.
You probably didn't understand one thing Lily has the potential for future updates and development of the game world, and judging by the desktop wallpapers that [P and P] made, [P and P] had ideas and if [P and P] can do everything harmoniously and how to add all these frames to the game. Then the world of the game around Lily will be alive ! And now in Lily of the Valley, the world around is just done, not even close to completion ! And you said that you understand the author ha-ha, I will say so it would be possible to understand [P and P] or another author in a similar situation, but as for [P and P], it is alas impossible to understand him. [P and P] Lily of the Valley is the main game sponsors came and support [P and P] only because the sponsor is interested in the development and further updates for Lily of the Valley. And the fact that [P and P] decided to do their new useless game and yes, the sponsors asked [P and P] to give us a new game. Since all sponsors and fans understand, if you say so [P and P], the updates will be 1 update per year or maybe in 2 years and as a result you will get an unfinished Lily of the Valley and a game that is not started. That's the point, not at the speed of [P and P] to twitch on a new game if [P and P] could regularly once a month or once every two months release an update for Lily of the Valley and there would not be every time (OH, excuse me, we do not have a predictable delay and do not wait another month or another ho-ho :) ) if this were not the case, then the release of a new game would be beneficial and no one would say a word. But the reality is different [P and P] themselves do not know when they have updates coming out without realizing that the sponsors are paying and from [P and P] as always (OH, excuse me) so it's not for them to take on a new game when they can't guarantee a release date for the main one. And here's another thing [P and P] something else I probably don't understand everyone has been waiting and waiting for updates only for Lily of the Valley their new idea is only delays for the release of updates. And if [P and P] decides to finish Lily of the Valley in the near future and all for the sake of his new game, how many sponsors will dump from [P and P] again :). All such trifles are taken into account by the authors and should take into account all these trifles.:)

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I can understand your (and other's) frustration at having to wait for a free update to this excellent game, but I can also understand a developer wanting to work on some new after working for almost 5 (?) years on the same project.

Except P&P weren't working on LotV for 5 years... It was the time that the FANS WAITED between updates. Whose fault it is that it's been 5 years already? I will never believe that P&P are actually working every day or at least every other day in order to release the new update in 4-5 months. More like 3 months of procrastination, 1 month of doing something for their new game and 1 month of work on Lily. That would make only 2 years of development and 3 years of lazying around. I realize that rendering takes the majority of time because there's not much writing. It's usually 15-20 minutes of content tops (and the majority of time is spent travelling across the map). If they decided to take the amount of time they were working on useless wallpapers and instead invest it into the game itself, the updates could've been released much sooner. If the guy who does 3D renders slows the development, fire him and replace him with someone who can do their job faster! And they charge freaking $10 a month to play their game. I know a lot of devs who also do (better) renders for their games, and their updates have been more consistent and have a lot more content in them, and it's enough to pay just $5 to play their games. Unless P&P have some sort of disability that makes them so inefficient, I can't think of any reason why it would need to take them that long to release one short update. And no, I'm not complaining that I have to wait for free updates. I just know that burnout is a thing, and the longer you drag something out, the less passionate/creative you become which isn't good for any creator, and let's just say it's very obvious that they've lost their enthusiasm. So why not put maximum effort into finishing the game to finally leave it behind?

They also say they've been working on their new game for almost 2 years already if not longer and there's still no playable demo. I'm positive they're just using their new game as an excuse to delay Lily further, because if they release a playable demo, and the fans won't like it, they'd get A LOT of shit sent their way for wasting everybody's time on some lame game that nobody wanted and nobody cares about.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
but I can also understand a developer wanting to work on some new after working for almost 5 (?) years on the same project.

Example 1:A builder is building a house ( Start of construction :) ).
The builder says I will build you a good and high-quality house.
People paid the builders for house No. 1 and people began to wait for the builders to build house No. 1.
The builder built a house, half and then (oh, for a long time somehow) and then the builder came up with an idea (and I will build a new house No. 2 ! And then I'll finish the house No. 1 somehow. And people can wait.)
And the builder is taken to make a new house No. 2( Although the people of the builders did not ask to build a new house No. 2 !)
Do you think this is normal ? Especially for those who bought a house or the whole house ?

That's the same with [P and P]. You can not take up a new game until you have completely finished Lily of the Valley. (And I'm not talking about a quick completion of the game in order to quickly take up a new game, but about a competent and correct completion and a fully developed game.)

So why not put maximum effort into finishing the game to finally leave it behind?
Example 2:A builder is building a house ( A complaint about an unfinished house :) )
People complained about the builder that the builder did not finish the house No. 1 and began to build a new house No. 2 when all people are waiting for the delivery of their house ! And then the builder has a new idea
(I just want to quickly make house No. 1 and then we can start building a new house No. 2 and earn more money:) )

And the builders are completing the house No. 1, but very quickly, without observing the quality and saves on materials. With a thought
(And not one of the people will not know that they saved money on construction, it will look like a house and good. Vryatli who will know ho-ho)
And the builder saves on everything to hand over the house No. 1 to buyers faster.
All the builders have built and are giving the house to buyers. With the words
(Here is your house No. 1 we built as best we could, if something is wrong, sorry ho-ho) and the builders went to build a new house no.2.
Outside the house is like a house and inside a lot of things are not done (Plumbing is standing, but there are no pipes in the house, not one pipe :LOL:, There are doors but only painted on the wall :LOL:, There is a window in the house but alas, too, painted on the wall :LOL:)
And how do you think the builders made a normal house ? and it's good that the builders completed house No. 1 quickly ?? in order to deal with the new house No. 2 ???
( And how do you think such builders will build a new house No. 2 when they did this with house No. 1 ? :LOL: )

Last edited:

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
So why not put maximum effort into finishing the game to finally leave it behind?
Logically, the game is still far from being able to finally complete the game and the world of Lily of the Valley has not yet been completed the world in Lily of the Valley has not really come to life yet !!! [P and P] will not be able to finish Lily of the Valley correctly and well in the near future ! And a quick completion of the game will simply kill the game Lily of the Valley.

They also say they've been working on their new game for almost 2 years already if not longer and there's still no playable demo. I'm positive they're just using their new game as an excuse to delay Lily further, because if they release a playable demo, and the fans won't like it, they'd get A LOT of shit sent their way for wasting everybody's time on some lame game that nobody wanted and nobody cares about.
And here I 100% agree with you.
[P and P] no one asked to create a new game, everyone was waiting and will be waiting for updates for Lily of the Valley. And if [P and P] releases their new game and the game is bad or uninteresting, then [P and P] will see and hear for their zadershki and the time spent by the sponsors in the void.

Reactions: BloodyMares

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Logically, the game is still far from being able to finally complete the game and the world of Lily of the Valley has not yet been completed the world in Lily of the Valley has not really come to life yet !!! [P and P] will not be able to finish Lily of the Valley correctly and well in the near future ! And a quick completion of the game will simply kill the game Lily of the Valley.
No argument here, I myself would like to see lots of storylines explored, however, I just don't have any hope anymore. I would prefer the rushed ending than for the game to become Abandoned AND Unfinished. It's a matter of time before P&P have no motivation left to continue Lily and just leave it as it is and simply move on because of the burnout they're going to feel. I don't want Lily to be stuck in limbo of abandoned games. All of the unrealised potential...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FavenXXX

googunogu

Oct 20, 2017
Maybe the RPGM engine is too complex for him? Maybe they should try to transfer Lily to Ren'Py? Of course, I'm wildly excited about RPGM, but it feels like it's too complicated to work with. Unfortunately, many developers have abandoned it, and I think it was done for a reason. :confused: Although I really like RPGM games like Lily.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
No argument here, I myself would like to see lots of storylines explored, however, I just don't have any hope anymore. I would prefer the rushed ending than for the game to become Abandoned AND Unfinished. It's a matter of time before P&P have no motivation left to continue Lily and just leave it as it is and simply move on because of the burnout they're going to feel. I don't want Lily to be stuck in limbo of abandoned games. All of the unrealised potential...
If the game is abandoned, it will be very bad. But a quickly completed game with multiple endings is even worse, it is the death of the game. Example: A room. :) They make repairs to the room and if a person leaves without completing the repair, then it is impossible to live in such a room. But after making repairs in the room, you need furniture and everything else that a person needs for life if there is a room with one chair and a cravat, then you can not live in such a room.

So with the world of Lily of the Valley, the world is also made but not finished.
The room is renovated and there is a little furniture, but you need to furnish the room to the end in order to live in it.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
It remains just to wait and see where and how [P and P] will lead the world of Lily of the Valley.:)

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
If the game is abandoned, it will be very bad. But a quickly completed game with multiple endings is even worse, it is the death of the game. Example: A room. :) They make repairs to the room and if a person leaves without completing the repair, then it is impossible to live in such a room. But after making repairs in the room, you need furniture and everything else that a person needs for life if there is a room with one chair and a cravat, then you can not live in such a room.

So with the world of Lily of the Valley, the world is also made but not finished.
The room is renovated and there is a little furniture, but you need to furnish the room to the end in order to live in it.
Neh, they've probably completed most of the update so they won't abandon it, it will be same old.. one year per update XD

• Haha
Reactions: FavenXXX

Jortomg

Feb 17, 2021
In a comment he says " Yes. More than 3 days, less than 7. That's how much we need to make it right. " lol xD

googunogu

Oct 20, 2017
One advice for people who are waiting for the update that badly ! " Just ignore the thread for few days or weeks it won't feel like ages or play some other games ". As the update won't come out within a week or so .
I don't think that people who have been watching this game for 5-6 years need advice! This happens all the time, so we are already used to it. And what you suggest, we will do within the next six months, while the guys are working on the next update.

CRBM01

Mar 18, 2019
Damn, what desperation with these irresponsible shit (p and p). And I say it with great anger because I have followed them since they began in February 2016.:mad::cry:

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes