Cr8tive M3dia

Developer of Limitless & OctoPussy Island
Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Pregnancy? Are they just endings? And is it implemented yet does anyone know
As mentioned below your post, this won't be just endings... There will be a time skip at some point, however I will add that if you are on LI's path you "Will" knock them up. I have had to do this otherwise when the time comes and we have multiple different women around the table having some pregnant and some not will be a nightmare for me to create all the different renders for all the different outcomes.

So be warned.. if you are on a Love Interests path, they will be carrying your baby.

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
** Just wanted to apologise for the late replies to peoples messages on here. Since uploading OPI it seems as though I am/was no longer getting notifications for Limitless posts **

Reactions: BTLD

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
As mentioned below your post, this won't be just endings... There will be a time skip at some point, however I will add that if you are on LI's path you "Will" knock them up. I have had to do this otherwise when the time comes and we have multiple different women around the table having some pregnant and some not will be a nightmare for me to create all the different renders for all the different outcomes.
That's actually a lot easier than it sounds. You don't need to do renders for every possible permutation (which could potentially reach into the thousands) you need to do two renders, one with all the girls pregnant and one without. Then you use an image editor to cut the girls out and put them into a layered image.

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
That's actually a lot easier than it sounds. You don't need to do renders for every possible permutation (which could potentially reach into the thousands) you need to do two renders, one with all the girls pregnant and one without. Then you use an image editor to cut the girls out and put them into a layered image.
Yes but since I have allowed for people to be able to choose who they wish to be on their path I could have many different variations of characters within 1 single image, if say we were all around a table, and then on top of that they could be pregnant or not. Also depending on how sizeable their bumps could be (If pregnant), could effect lighting/shadows... obstructions with others who may or may not be pregnant, behind them.. etc.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Yes but since I have allowed for people to be able to choose who they wish to be on their path I could have many different variations of characters within 1 single image, if say we were all around a table, and then on top of that they could be pregnant or not. Also depending on how sizeable their bumps could be (If pregnant), could effect lighting/shadows... obstructions with others who may or may not be pregnant, behind them.. etc.
I'm still early in my own playthrough (day 2 atm), but there's what, 8 LI's so far? That's 64 (8^2) images you'd need for a single scene, which is an insane amount of work for why essentially amounts to "flavor" options regardless of whether they're spliced from two base renders.

The only suggestion I'd make is implementing an option of having no pregnancy content at all (similar to Meadow's choice on day 1). I'd imagine it would be far more manageable handling 2 static outcomes rather than a dynamic range of up to 64 combinations.

However, you should take my feedback with a grain of salt as I'm not the one that has to do the render work or coding. If you feel you can add it and make the story work then great! If not? Well, the story is already a pretty interesting adaptation from the original movie that I don't really foresee pregnancy content affecting my overall enjoyment :)

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
I'm still early in my own playthrough (day 2 atm), but there's what, 8 LI's so far? That's 64 (8^2) images you'd need for a single scene, which is an insane amount of work for why essentially amounts to "flavor" options regardless of whether they're spliced from two base renders.

The only suggestion I'd make is implementing an option of having no pregnancy content at all (similar to Meadow's choice on day 1). I'd imagine it would be far more manageable handling 2 static outcomes rather than a dynamic range of up to 64 combinations.

However, you should take my feedback with a grain of salt as I'm not the one that has to do the render work or coding. If you feel you can add it and make the story work then great! If not? Well, the story is already a pretty interesting adaptation from the original movie that I don't really foresee pregnancy content affecting my overall enjoyment :)
Yeah I know this is the thing, it's going to get very complicated for me later on into the game, but I'm willing to do it.... but will have to make it that if you are on someone's path you will end up knocking them up, otherwise it will just make it even more complicated for me. Also this is the 1st city we are in.... we will be going back to our home town at some point in the future. :D

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yeah I know this is the thing, it's going to get very complicated for me later on into the game, but I'm willing to do it.... but will have to make it that if you are on someone's path you will end up knocking them up, otherwise it will just make it even more complicated for me. Also this is the 1st city we are in.... we will be going back to our home town at some point in the future. :D
Momma and other sister here we come :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: ju1zzed

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Let me start by saying that I want every last one of them pregnant anyway, this is not special pleading for my own preferences.
Just allowing for the girls being present/absent is more than enough to force you to use layered images IMO. You're talking literally dozens of times as many renders if you don't. Sure, things like one girl in front of another does increase the number of renders needed a little bit, but nowhere near as much as doing every possible variation individually does.
And if you are using layered images, then allowing for choice about pregnancy is a bit more work but not exponentially so like if you were doing individual renders. I don't care because like I said I want them all pregnant anyway, but do you really want to turn anyone who doesn't like pregnancy off of the game when pregnancy has been a choice up until now? Pregnancy is not everyone's cup of tea.

No, it would be 2^8, not 8^2, for 256 possible permutations with eight girls (or not). That's why I say that just allowing them to be present or absent is enough to require layered images. 2^n gets big really fast. When people say "exponential" they often don't actually mean that, they actually mean "quadratic" which is much slower, but this actually is exponential.
exponential.png

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
No, it would be 2^8, not 8^2, for 256 possible permutations with eight girls (or not). That's why I say that just allowing them to be present or absent is enough to require layered images. 2^n gets big really fast. When people say "exponential" they often don't actually mean that, they actually mean "quadratic" which is much slower, but this actually is exponential.
Good catch. I sometimes forget that the base number is the possible choices (in this case: pregant vs not pregnant, OR present vs not present) raised to the number of repetitions (k^n). With the correct math this time around (256 combinations for 1 scene) it would cause a significant workload if Cr8tive M3dia wanted to create more than just 1 scene with all 8 LIs together.

This is strictly a hypothetical:
Let's say there is a plan to have one main scene where all the LIs are present. We'll go towards the conservative end and say that it's a brief conversation with minimal movements between each character where only the character speaking has a visible change in appearance. We could say that all 8 LIs take turns speaking 3 times each, which means there's 24 different renders just for this single conversation. That would mean Cr8tive would need to splice a total of 256*24 = 6,144 images just for this single scene.

I think anyone who doesn't want to impregnate every LI they're romancing aren't setting realistic expectations as this level of complexity hasn't been done before even on the AAA studio level (unless they want to argue that player driven games like Eve Online count, which is another debate entirely). There's a reason most devs stick with binary choices or keeping their stories rather linear, and it's due to the workload required for something that only a small portion of the playerbase would even bother to appreciate.

Reactions: Brovalon

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Good catch. I sometimes forget that the base number is the possible choices (in this case: pregant vs not pregnant, OR present vs not present) raised to the number of repetitions (k^n). With the correct math this time around (256 combinations for 1 scene) it would cause a significant workload if Cr8tive M3dia wanted to create more than just 1 scene with all 8 LIs together.

This is strictly a hypothetical:
Let's say there is a plan to have one main scene where all the LIs are present. We'll go towards the conservative end and say that it's a brief conversation with minimal movements between each character where only the character speaking has a visible change in appearance. We could say that all 8 LIs take turns speaking 3 times each, which means there's 24 different renders just for this single conversation. That would mean Cr8tive would need to splice a total of 256*24 = 6,144 images just for this single scene.

I think anyone who doesn't want to impregnate every LI they're romancing aren't setting realistic expectations as this level of complexity hasn't been done before even on the AAA studio level (unless they want to argue that player driven games like Eve Online count, which is another debate entirely). There's a reason most devs stick with binary choices or keeping their stories rather linear, and it's due to the workload required for something that only a small portion of the playerbase would even bother to appreciate.
Which is exactly why the naive, brute-force way is not how it should be done. Using layered images, instead of k^n renders it becomes just k, with a worst-case of kn. For a scene of 8 girls who may or may not be there and needing 3 poses for each girl who is there, then it goes from 6,144 renders to 4. The very high number of renders for the naive method is not a consequence of pregnancy choice, the exponential numbers already apply just by the possibility of girls being there or not.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Surprise.... she has a penis! Nah... my bad, put the wrong code in... funny that hasn't been spotted till now. :unsure:
If I remember right, aren't familial relationships determined by the player? It seems to be the common approach lately for devs to skirt around Patreons crackdown on incest.

Reactions: qaywsx

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
If I remember right, aren't familial relationships determined by the player? It seems to be the common approach lately for devs to skirt around Patreons crackdown on incest.
They are determined by what you input at the very beginning of the game, However I mixed up the coding in this option and instead of it being down as Libby relationship to you (Sister/Cousin/Roommate)... it was down as mc's relationship to Libby. (Brother/Cousin/Roommate).

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
They are determined by what you input at the very beginning of the game, However I mixed up the coding in this option and instead of it being down as Libby relationship to you (Sister/Cousin/Roommate)... it was down as mc's relationship to Libby. (Brother/Cousin/Roommate).
Oh variables, you so silly.

You wouldn't be the first dev to make a swap like that.

*quietly shoves entire repo out of sight and under a rug*

Cr8tive M3dia

Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Oh variables, you so silly.

You wouldn't be the first dev to make a swap like that.

*quietly shoves entire repo out of sight and under a rug*
It isn't my first error with variables and won't be my last, I can probably guarantee it... With so many variables it is sometimes hard to keep track of what is required to do what.

3.90 star(s) 53 Votes