PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Not sure if its a bug or a variable but, when playing the beta, all of a sudden Sharon is my landlady io my aunt. Anybody knows what causes or how to repair this?
That's odd, the "Landlady" is only ever used as a defined character, you can change the character definitions in Lisa's room by interacting with the little dresser there :)

where is the photography club?
Not implemented yet ^_^

When MC runs away from Red Light District, it gets stuck near the wall, and not able to move at all.
Are you playing the Final V1 or the Beta? I'm only asking because I included a fix for that in the Final V1 patch and if it isn't working I'll have to have another look at it <3

Lisa escapes from RLD and the following message appears. Will it be continued in future updates?
View attachment 1767575
Episode 3 Chapter 1 it'll be released :)

I didn't read the text too closely at the beginning. Sharon and all those people at the start is supposed to be family? Mom, dad, brother? Is this the intended relation? I think it said someone died and took her in or something... is it actually aunt's family?
Sharon was written as Lisa's adoptive Mother (no blood relation) Sharon was Lisa's Mother's best friend but Lisa's birth parents are both deceased x

They had to be changed to player defined relations because of Patreon's "odd" incest rules.

This game immediately falling victim to user input relation problems. Nothing makes sense. Lisa's parents died. Ok that's canon so Sharon cannot be her mom. Game tells you she is her mom's friend. If we ignore that and enter Aunt, Lisa just refers to her by her and the "uncle" by their names. If we use the default relations, it will be landlady, landlord, etc. That doesn't work either because mom's friend taking you in doesn't make her your landlady/landlord. The relationship dynamics wouldn't work because they don't act like landlord and tenant.

There is pretty much nothing that will work as far as I can see. Why not just make hardcoded relations that make sense and not do half assed incest like this? Hardcode it as a close family friend taking her in and write the script around that.
It's not by choice mate, Patreon would immediately close my account if I hardcoded "Step-Mom" into the game, it was this way upon release but I had to go back and change it from the ground up. Believe me it's been nothing but hassle for me either :(

Even if I were to tell everyone on a Patreon post "use these relations as this is canon" I am concerned that they would immediately shut the page down :\ Patreon defines incest as anyone who has even slightly familial bonds regardless of whether they share a bloodline and there is no argument with them, it's written directly into their ToS.

Is it possible to avoid Aofie route?
All sexual content with Aoife is entirely avoidable but Aoife's character isn't avoidable. She ranks just below Lisa on the importance list of characters in this story ^_^

need more scenes with Paul and Lisa in the house))) Paul should corrupt Lisa even more)) Let it happen in unexpected places for Lisa )))
There's a couple more home events with ratboy in the next patch :)

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
And what's up with lisa hair tho. Can't you just find a better looking hair asset ? To me loooks like a wig
It came with the model and fit well I thought! It's always a toss up with hair because really sharp / realistic hair is probably the most difficult thing to render. Lisa's hair fortunately is super easy on the hardware and she's in a LOT of the 4.5k CG xD

When I go to the hub, it just keeps repeating the scene of Lisa and Jock talking and Lisa calling MArcus afterwards.. Is this a bug or just a way to signal end of content for now?
That's definitely not intended mate, have you seen the Model scene in the hub yet?

This scene just repeats as soon as you enter the hub?

does troy have phimosis or something?
No mate I am just a complete idiot, this was one of the first scenes that I used the XY gens in Daz and I couldn't figure out why the foreskin slider wasn't working so I just put the CG together as it was. I had actually intended to fix it but I honestly forgot x

Is there any way to change NPC's name in this game?
No mate, only Lisa's relations can be altered x

Reactions: alexferno

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020
It came with the model and fit well I thought! It's always a toss up with hair because really sharp / realistic hair is probably the most difficult thing to render. Lisa's hair fortunately is super easy on the hardware and she's in a LOT of the 4.5k CG xD

That's definitely not intended mate, have you seen the Model scene in the hub yet?

This scene just repeats as soon as you enter the hub?

No mate I am just a complete idiot, this was one of the first scenes that I used the XY gens in Daz and I couldn't figure out why the foreskin slider wasn't working so I just put the CG together as it was. I had actually intended to fix it but I honestly forgot x

No mate, only Lisa's relations can be altered x
hey pale grass why don't you use unreal engine for render animated scenes. Unreal engine is best for faster render animations and it work on low end pc too like on my pc i have 4gb ram 2gb nvidia graphic card it work smoothly on my pc just take too much time to open.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's not by choice mate, Patreon would immediately close my account if I hardcoded "Step-Mom" into the game, it was this way upon release but I had to go back and change it from the ground up. Believe me it's been nothing but hassle for me either :(

Even if I were to tell everyone on a Patreon post "use these relations as this is canon" I am concerned that they would immediately shut the page down :\ Patreon defines incest as anyone who has even slightly familial bonds regardless of whether they share a bloodline and there is no argument with them, it's written directly into their ToS.
I understand, but the way it is now is the worst of both worlds. It does a bad job of portraying any form of incest, be it mom, stepmom, or aunt. It also does a bad job of portraying a non family dynamic. I guess you did the best you could to cover various different relations. I think that is fundamentally the wrong approach to it though. You need to sacrifice either the incest or the non-incest in the script.

You can write the script so that it makes sense with the incest relationship. This will naturally sound really stupid if you don't use the incest relationships. Certain situations and dialogues just don't make sense if you are not related. You just have to trust the players to have common sense with these things and use the correct relation.

On the other hand, you can also just remove the incest. For example, Sharon is mom's best friend who took you in after mom dies. She doesn't have to be a step mom. It's entirely believable for a family friend to become a child's guardian without adopting them. And they would just refer to each other by their names while still acting like a family unit. You can still let people change relations, but it shouldn't be supported in the script if it leads to awkward text on the default non-incest version.

Personally, I would just go with option 2 for this specific game. It doesn't seem like incest is a particularly strong theme anyways. But hey, that's just my opinion. It would be a pain in the ass to change things again and there would obviously be people hell bent on having some incest no matter how poorly it is implemented.

Last edited:

lg10

Nov 25, 2020
In the instagram intro quest, i met this men who wanted my autograph but after that, i can't search for that model in laptop. Can any of you guys help me...i played that 3 drinks bar event after that and did that had any effect on saves?

Caninenappe

Aug 12, 2020
Hey here as usual I was eager to see the new update, always impressed with the work done when I played it with a special mention on the sharing scene with in the bath hub (the rendering of the expressions of the Lisa's face and the feeling of the feelings is incredible). Now I'm already waiting for the next stage, hoping that it will always be longer than the previous one.
Congratulations pale grass and all the team that helps you.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
In the instagram intro quest, i met this men who wanted my autograph but after that, i can't search for that model in laptop. Can any of you guys help me...i played that 3 drinks bar event after that and did that had any effect on saves?
You should go check in the PC in Lisa's bedroom. I don't remember if you can do it only at night or you can do it whenever you want.

Shackie

Jun 7, 2021
Instagram photo locations
Beach - Summer Blouse & Jeans (Morning / Afternoon)
Tom Hortons - Summer Blouse & Jeans (Morning / Afternoon)
School Lounge (Game start) - Camisole & Cardigan (Afternoon)
School Art Room (East Wing) - Summer Blouse & Jeans (Afternoon)
Shower (Lisa's House 2F) - Any clothing (Any time)
Renshire Forest - Summer Blouse & Jeans (Morning / Afternoon)
Renshire Town Center (Near the clothes shop) - Black Sports Set (Morning / Afternoon)
Albiss Hub (MUST HAVE WORKED THAT DAY) - Summer Blouse & Jeans (Morning / Afternoon)

Reactions: alexferno

Mephist

Feb 20, 2018
How can I get to fitness level 5 or is that not possible yet? I keep running but it stays at level 4

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
...You need to sacrifice either the incest or the non-incest in the script.

You can write the script so that it makes sense with the incest relationship...

On the other hand, you can also just remove the incest...

Personally, I would just go with option 2 for this specific game. It doesn't seem like incest is a particularly strong theme anyways. But hey, that's just my opinion. It would be a pain in the ass to change things again and there would obviously be people hell bent on having some incest no matter how poorly it is implemented.
Since the user defined relationship system works, and all that is needed is for PaleGrass to remember to use variables in dialogue, rather than writing in static relationships like "aunt" or "mom", which I believe he now has under control, there is no reason to change anything. This is especially true because, as you pointed out yourself, it would be a pain in the ass for him to have to rewrite the entire opening of the game again. PaleGrass already has his hands full, just keeping up with the ongoing development of the game. Putting development on hold, in order to fix something which doesn't need fixing, doesn't sound like a good use of development time or resources.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Since the user defined relationship system works, and all that is needed is for PaleGrass to remember to use variables in dialogue, rather than writing in static relationships like "aunt" or "mom", which I believe he now has under control, there is no reason to change anything. This is especially true because, as you pointed out yourself, it would be a pain in the ass for him to have to rewrite the entire opening of the game again. PaleGrass already has his hands full, just keeping up with the ongoing development of the game. Putting development on hold, in order to fix something which doesn't need fixing, doesn't sound like a good use of development time or resources.
There are some fundamental issues that prevents user input relations from working for both incest and non-incest variants if all you do is rely on the user input relationship.

Just some common examples. "[Mom], I missed you so much!" vs "[Landlady/mom's friend/neighbor], I missed you so much!" That second one is stupid, so maybe the dev will decide to use the name instead of the relationship here. "Sharon, I missed you so much!" Oops, now the incest version doesn't work. Other common issues include things like "Oh no... this is my landlady... it's wrong to think about her this way!"

That's the gist of my position on user input relations. The script must be written to support one specific intended relationship. Writing a script that vaguely "works" for multiple scenarios will lead to a script that doesn't work for any. Whether the dev decides to do something about it is not my concern with the critique. It is debatable whether enough people value dialogues and scenarios that make sense to warrant the added work in looking over the script. I personally stopped playing at the intro after being unable to find any relationship setting that prevents inconsistencies in the script.

Adoptive mom is supposedly canon, but that is an incredibly complex relationship that cannot be satisfied with just one relationship variable. Instead, if Sharon was just Lisa's mom's best friend who took her in and became her guardian (without adopting her), we got a similar relationship dynamic with some taboo intact. It doesn't even need user input relations to hide from patreon.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
There are some fundamental issues that prevents user input relations from working for both incest and non-incest variants if all you do is rely on the user input relationship.

Just some common examples. "[Mom], I missed you so much!" vs "[Landlady/mom's friend/neighbor], I missed you so much!" That second one is stupid, so maybe the dev will decide to use the name instead of the relationship here. "Sharon, I missed you so much!" Oops, now the incest version doesn't work. Other common issues include things like "Oh no... this is my landlady... it's wrong to think about her this way!"
I don't think you understand how variables work in RPGM. The developer can use a variable, instead of a name, when writing the dialogue. The variable will correspond to user input. For the line you offered above, he can write "[variable], I missed you so much!", where variable is a value which corresponds to the user input for the relationship, which is set at the beginning of the game. For the people who want to set incestuous relationships, it will then read "Mom (or Aunt, or whatever), I missed you so much!" For people who want to avoid incest, it says something else.

The only problem with this happens when the developer forgets to write dialogue using [variable], and instead writes the dialogue using actual relationship terms. For example, because the intro of the game states that Lisa's parents were killed, but because I still want her relationship with Sharon to be incestuous, I set the relationship to aunt/niece. Despite this, there were a couple of times in the first release of the game when Lisa referred to Sharon as "Mom", which shows that the developer failed to use the variable in the dialogue. This has only happened a couple of times in the game, so far as I know, and I believe that all such instances have now been corrected.

Also, some people do refer to their parents by their first names, especially after they themselves reach adulthood, so Lisa calling Sharon by her name doesn't necessary mess up the incest version, at least for some people. I never would have called either of my parents by their first name, but I've known several people who do so.

That's the gist of my position on user input relations. The script must be written to support one specific intended relationship.
As I said above, no, it does not have to be written one way or the other. With proper use of variables, the same dialogue can automatically adjust to reflect the user input for relationships.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't think you understand how variables work in RPGM. The developer can use a variable, instead of a name, when writing the dialogue. The variable will correspond to user input. For the line you offered above, he can write "[variable], I missed you so much!", where variable is a value which corresponds to the user input for the relationship, which is set at the beginning of the game. For the people who want to set incestuous relationships, it will then read "Mom (or Aunt, or whatever), I missed you so much!" For people who want to avoid incest, it says something else.

The only problem with this happens when the developer forgets to write dialogue using [variable], and instead writes the dialogue using actual relationship terms. For example, because the intro of the game states that Lisa's parents were killed, but because I still want her relationship with Sharon to be incestuous, I set the relationship to aunt/niece. Despite this, there were a couple of times in the first release of the game when Lisa referred to Sharon as "Mom", which shows that the developer failed to use the variable in the dialogue. This has only happened a couple of times in the game, so far as I know, and I believe that all such instances have now been corrected.

Also, some people do refer to their parents by their first names, especially after they themselves reach adulthood, so Lisa calling Sharon by her name doesn't necessary mess up the incest version, at least for some people. I never would have called either of my parents by their first name, but I've known several people who do so.

As I said above, no, it does not have to be written one way or the other. With proper use of variables, the same dialogue can automatically adjust to reflect the user input for relationships.
Did you read what I wrote? I just told you why the relationship variable runs into problems when used in a sentence. You can argue that it isn't worth it to go back and address the issue, but you are refuting my points without even understanding it.

What will happen for people who don't want incest? Will they have to keep reading things like "Landlady, I missed you so much!" And what about incest fans? Will they have to keep reading Lisa referring to Sharon by her name? Do you not understand the fundamental incompatibility? You cannot write a single script that can make both versions sound natural.

It seems like you are arguing for the dev to support the incest version by using the relationship variable whenever Lisa refers to Sharon. That is one solution that I already talked about. You write the script for incest or non-incest and then sacrifice the other version. If you use the relationship variable whenever Lisa addresses Sharon, it will only make sense for incest. Landlady, mom's friend, or anything like that will not make sense in the same sentence.

4.30 star(s) 113 Votes