seismyth

Feb 28, 2018
I honestly rape, aggression or aggravated content can open up to pathways that can be borderline psychotic and scary. The further you push the envelope the further away you get from reality and even worse become a disaster person. I understand the need for that type of content but i also understand that countries would rather ban it as it can have mental implications on both the consumer and creator of it.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
This is exactly what some fans are hoping. That once the game is released fully, a patch is realized in stealth that completes those cut story-lines and recreates the game that Lisa was supposed to become before all hell broke loose.

What'd really happen, only time will tell. Though the present flow seems to indicate that the dark route branches are dead in the water forever.
Let's hope PG can eventually move to another country then :p

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
This is exactly what some fans are hoping. That once the game is released fully, a patch is realized in stealth that completes those cut story-lines and recreates the game that Lisa was supposed to become before all hell broke loose.

What'd really happen, only time will tell. Though the present flow seems to indicate that the dark route branches are dead in the water forever.
Cannot stress this strongly enough... any patch made to bypass this restriction cannot and will not in any way shape manner or form involve PaleGrass at all. Also, since the game is being rewritten to remove any link to the content that is illegal to produce where PG lives will mean anyone who does decide to patch back in the content will also have to rewrite the game once more to put it back into place.

Reactions: Skorm007 and L7Bear

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
anyone who does decide to patch back in the content will also have to rewrite the game once more to put it back into place.
Honestly, I was never a fan of the dark routes. Heck, I'm not into rape/coercion in general, to the point that even PG advised me not to play certain sections of Lisa to avoid mental scarring :LOL:

But jesting aside, and I'm not really floating any illegal ideas here, but unless PG himself supplies the CG work for all the cut routes, I doubt a stealth patch like that is ever going to become a reality. Someone might pick the routes, patch them in, even finish the story writing with their own creativity. But, unless they are able to replicate PG's unique art style and throw effort behind it to actually create the whole lot of them, fans must make peace with the fact that for the sake of game's completion and PG's safety, this is the new future of Lisa's development for now.

My 2 cents on the whole thing though: Even though I'm not into rape, I never held belief that it should be outright axed from games/media. It's a reality of life and it does more than just show violent sex. Shutting your eyes to it doesn't make it go away and what Aofie went through at the beach filled my head with more rage than my dick with blood. I always considered that moment as a major climax in story development where Lisa truly comes to care about Aofie and her circumstances. Too bad that sequence got hit as well along with Paul and Duncan's stuff.

Overall, sad turn of events. A game that was already flexible enough to cater to a variety of viewers and kept things choice based, did not deserve this crap :cautious:

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Cannot stress this strongly enough... any patch made to bypass this restriction cannot and will not in any way shape manner or form involve PaleGrass at all. Also, since the game is being rewritten to remove any link to the content that is illegal to produce where PG lives will mean anyone who does decide to patch back in the content will also have to rewrite the game once more to put it back into place.
Not doubting you, but curious about one thing. Suppose PG makes some art images involving Lisa that were supposed to be used in the dark routes. These images are no longer part of the game and without the story's context, they are now simply sex images. Now if someone creates a mod/patch with his own script and adds it to the game, how is PG responsible for how a stranger uses his art images?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Returned to the thread after weeks, hoping to browse some good updates to one of my favorite games.

View attachment 2870203

What the heck...:cry:
Dammit, hang in there PG. I'm sure you will find a way to stay true to your creativity.

And if that RanCor dude is really responsible for causing this unwelcome snowball effect, to him I say:
Disgusting, hope some third party makes a double rape & blackmail patch just to spit on those people :WeSmart:

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I honestly rape, aggression or aggravated content can open up to pathways that can be borderline psychotic and scary. The further you push the envelope the further away you get from reality and even worse become a disaster person. I understand the need for that type of content but i also understand that countries would rather ban it as it can have mental implications on both the consumer and creator of it.
Are you theorizing based on your own emotional response? The available data from pollsters and the prevailing published opinions of psychologists do not support your theory. According to the available data and the prevailing expert opinion, rape fantasy is not abnormal or unhealthy.

Not doubting you, but curious about one thing. Suppose PG makes some art images involving Lisa that were supposed to be used in the dark routes. These images are no longer part of the game and without the story's context, they are now simply sex images. Now if someone creates a mod/patch with his own script and adds it to the game, how is PG responsible for how a stranger uses his art images?
PaleGrass will not be making any additional images which depict rape or coercive sex. I think we can safely infer that. Even without being set in the game or a story, the expressions and other visual cues in the images would have to be suggestive of those themes, or they would be useless for a patch such as you describe, and those themes are what PaleGrass will no longer be visually depicting.

Reactions: L7Bear

seismyth

Feb 28, 2018
Are you theorizing based on your own emotional response? The available data from pollsters and the prevailing published opinions of psychologists do not support your theory. According to the available data and the prevailing expert opinion, rape fantasy is not abnormal or unhealthy.
I was just saying there's a possibility of it occurring of it occurring. Its not always the case, but there are some crazy people out there too. To put it this way, limits and boundaries are meant for a reason some countries aren't open to allowing that type of content therefore placed rules in order for it to not originate from their country. Which is why PG had to rebuild or fix certain aspects of the game. To be fair to each their own, each has their own set of limits and boundaries on which they won't go or dare to pass.

Marioc17

Dec 26, 2018
Reactions: Slezkin
Jul 13, 2022
If you'd bothered to read the forum you'd know the answer is that it's not the sharing of the patch or posting it that's illegal in his country it's very act of creating the content itself that is against his local laws. Morality and obscenity laws vary wildly from one country to another and sadly the codes where Palegrass lives are rather strict in this regard.

Yes it sucks and yes it's a PITA but it's not worth potential legal repercussions trying to skirt the issue.
I have read it. The thing i don't understand, Does Patreon give people's identity and private information to governments ? How they know who PaleGrass is ? His name and his location ? Are These infos open in Patreon and can be seen by everyone? Idk anything about Patreon , i don't have account so I don't know if you can see his name if he didn't share.

And how the situation developed ? Mega bans lots of people, not just Palegrass. Did Mega report this to Patreon and after that did Patreon report this to Palegrass's country authorities ? Exposed him ?

That's why people use nicknames and use sites like Patreon, instead of selling it in Steam or Google Play etc. If Patreon released his ID to authorities, it's a breach of thrust of Patreon, people might not use the site. so it doesn't make sense that Patreon exposed him.

So to sum up; if his real ID is not in the open and if Patreon didn't share his infos (IP, name etc) there is no way that authorities can know his real ID.

Reactions: yrban7477

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I have read it. The thing i don't understand, Does Patreon give people's identity and private information to governments ? How they know who PaleGrass is ? His name and his location ? Are These infos open in Patreon and can be seen by everyone? Idk anything about Patreon , i don't have account so I don't know if you can see his name if he didn't share.

And how the situation developed ? Mega bans lots of people, not just Palegrass. Did Mega report this to Patreon and after that did Patreon report this to Palegrass's country authorities ? Exposed him ?

That's why people use nicknames and use sites like Patreon, instead of selling it in Steam or Google Play etc. If Patreon released his ID to authorities, it's a breach of thrust of Patreon, people might not use the site. so it doesn't make sense that Patreon exposed him.

So to sum up; if his real ID is not in the open and if Patreon didn't share his infos (IP, name etc) there is no way that authorities can know his real ID.
You are being Naive to think that we have any real privacy in the Age of Woke Nazism.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Patreon will give that information to the government, if the government subpoenas those records. If the company does not comply with the government's subpoena, then the government will not allow the company to operate within that government's jurisdiction. So pretty much all companies, including companies which care about customer privacy, will go along with a government subpoena. In this case, however, the concern is not Patreon, but Mega.

No, Mega did not report anything to Patreon. Mega sent PaleGrass' private information to the authorities. And they did it on their own initiative. The government did not go to Mega and demand PG's information. The government didn't even know that PG existed. Mega decided that they were going to take down PG's account, and then they decided to voluntarily send his information to the authorities.

Now, Mega is based in New Zealand, and when they say that they're going to send someone's information to the authorities, they mean that they're going to send the data to the New Zealand Police, which is their national police service. PG does not live in New Zealand. He lives in Ireland, which might mean Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. However, the New Zealand Police do work internationally with other law enforcement agencies, so, if they believe that something is a crime in your home country, they will forward the data they have to the appropriate police agency. This is why PG is concerned.

Reactions: L7Bear

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Patreon will give that information to the government, if the government subpoenas those records. If the company does not comply with the government's subpoena, then the government will not allow the company to operate within that government's jurisdiction. So pretty much all companies, including companies which care about customer privacy, will go along with a government subpoena. In this case, however, the concern is not Patreon, but Mega.

No, Mega did not report anything to Patreon. Mega sent PaleGrass' private information to the authorities. And they did it on their own initiative. The government did not go to Mega and demand PG's information. The government didn't even know that PG existed. Mega decided that they were going to take down PG's account, and then they decided to voluntarily send his information to the authorities.

Now, Mega is based in New Zealand, and when they say that they're going to send someone's information to the authorities, they mean that they're going to send the data to the New Zealand Police, which is their national police service. PG does not live in New Zealand. He lives in Ireland, which might mean Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. However, the New Zealand Police do work internationally with other law enforcement agencies, so, if they believe that something is a crime in your home country, they will forward the data they have to the appropriate police agency. This is why PG is concerned.
Suppose he made the art for the dark routes and had a friend from another country post it under another name. Would that possibly work? Yes the art would point to him, but couldn't he theoretically claim it's a copycat artist? I don't think there's a way to disprove that, is there?

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Suppose he made the art for the dark routes and had a friend from another country post it under another name. Would that possibly work? Yes the art would point to him, but couldn't he theoretically claim it's a copycat artist? I don't think there's a way to disprove that, is there?
Didn't PG state multiple times that they just do not want to take that risk?? Why do we keep reiterating these things, putting pressure on PG? We just gotta accept things as they are...

4.30 star(s) 113 Votes