asrtyn93

May 10, 2020
No it seems like many people are having issues with saving the game. I may have to redo the menu event system and see if I can fix it.

Can you see the menu when you press Esc or is it not showing at all?
No, the only things I can do are skip text/hide text box.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Another small thing is that for some reason you can't click the SAVE in the esc menu, you can only press enter.
Yeah that's basically down to my primitive knowledge of writing script (I'm effectively an ape when it comes to this stuff), I think I'm gonna completely overhaul the current menu system. :)

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Yes, I even restarted my PC to make sure, but still the same, I will try the mega link but still downloading the file
I'm so sorry this is happening to you darkz, did you save once you were stuck? The reason that bug was happening was Lisa's movement path from the Alley was continuing into the Town Center map and getting her stuck. The fix stops Lisa's movement before she enters the Town Center map so if you're already stuck the only way out is to use cheat engine to give yourself noclip or no collision (through) and move out of the environment.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
No, the only things I can do are skip text/hide text box.
I'll have to re-do the menu. I can't emulate the problem but it's happening to many players. My sincerest apologies asrtyn, I'm working on it now and I'll post a fix as soon as I have it.

asrtyn93

May 10, 2020
I'll have to re-do the menu. I can't emulate the problem but it's happening to many players. My sincerest apologies asrtyn, I'm working on it now and I'll post a fix as soon as I have it.
No need to apologize, love the game so far!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

May 28, 2018
played the game for about an hour and loved it however lisa is stuck and i cannot move after leaving the red light district, i can still access the menu and saved the game and restarted in hopes it would fix it but unfortunately no. i also downloaded the maps and put in the data folder. i see someone is having a similar issue so i am guessing its a bug.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
No need to apologize, love the game so far!
Hi again asrtyn! I've attached a fix to the menu common event here, if you could extract that into the Data folder and see if that fixes your issue. If it does I'll upload it to the first post.

Sorry again <33

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
played the game for about an hour and loved it however lisa is stuck and i cannot move after leaving the red light district, i can still access the menu and saved the game and restarted in hopes it would fix it but unfortunately no. i also downloaded the maps and put in the data folder. i see someone is having a similar issue so i am guessing its a bug.
Yeah the bugfix stops the character from becoming stuck, unfortunately it doesn't help you get unstuck.

Best bet at this point if you have saved in a stuck position is to use cheat engine to apply noclip and move yourself out of the environment. Otherwise it's a previous save :(

Edit: I know this isn't the greatest answer but because the event has already run I can't apply a fix retroactively I can only prevent it happening in future. I am really sorry.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Hi again asrtyn! I've attached a fix to the menu common event here, if you could extract that into the Data folder and see if that fixes your issue. If it does I'll upload it to the first post.

Sorry again <33
Fix works! Thank you!

Don't apologize, that fact that you, as a creator/developer are even responding to these issues puts you ahead of most of the devs out there.

A couple of notes:

A player cannot save during any of the scenes (render displaying), although once the scene is done and you are back to a navigation screen, ESC works and you can save.

There is no selection available for "Load", only "save" and "quit" - which is okay.

Thanks again - keep up the good work.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Fix works! Thank you!

Don't apologize, that fact that you, as a creator/developer are even responding to these issues puts you ahead of most of the devs out there.

A couple of notes:

A player cannot save during any of the scenes (render displaying), although once the scene is done and you are back to a navigation screen, ESC works and you can save.

There is no selection available for "Load", only "save" and "quit" - which is okay.

Thanks again - keep up the good work.
That's so great, a weight off my mind.

Yeah it's intended that the player can't save during cutscenes unless it's prompted via script (I've put save points in before major decisions so as to ease replayability.)

I'll perhaps re-name the option to Save/Load for clarity as the save menu and the load menu are the same thing :)

Thanks so much for the feedback, it is GREATLY appreciated! xo

Reactions: SISIMEN and redraw

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
both files/game from nopy and mega link
I genuinely have no idea what's causing it to crash like that. I haven't even seen that kind of crash screen before.
I'm looking on the rpgm forums to see if anyone has reported an error but I'm having trouble finding one specified to "tilesetNames"

4.30 star(s) 114 Votes