4.20 star(s) 47 Votes

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Such a big secret takes a lot of trust to reveal.
It will come in due time, also remember that only if you have sex with Christa do you even know at this point

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Look at the comment, edited and properly conveyed it, though with English being a second language not sure I did.

How do u know that Jessie's 'pov' is coming? That is what I was asking the dev. My question assumes the her story with Dylan will take only few renders like her story about her mother.

When I meant 'ideas' I was talking with the game dev as a fellow developer working on his first game about his intentions. I meant his idea of wanting the next scene to be a sexy one in which mc and Jessie kiss but players still knowing that she is manipulative and did a bad thing. Looking at the discussions above, this was the topic most talked about. I was suggesting that by making Jessie remorseful before any intimate scenes, this feeling of whether or not to feel aroused could be avoided. Not a hater, bro. It is just suggestions to improve each other.
Jessie will come clean when Jack has earned her trust significantly and learn more about her past, the same way she learns more one bit at a time. Jack has done far worse things, hardly his place to judge her at that time.

Take into consideration what we learn about Jack from the sheriff.
Try to see the Jewel situation with Jack's eyes, how much is Jewels and Dylans life worth to him?

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Makes sense, but what about the MC? He is still wrapped around her finger and don't feel curious till the end of the version. He was even praising her when hearing about the things she did. Is it that he is someone who would do the same and would not care about who he has to destroy to get what he wants, so he didn't feel like she did anything wrong? Since we are playing as the MC, his thoughts are in the screen, which should be our thoughts, but it was the opposite of his.

No need to reply. Just saw ur last post that somewhat answers this. Basically this is about MC's moral compass. Being a softy, felt very bad about Danny, jewel and most of all their kid. And telling the mom to not get involved in their life. Felt a little fucked up. And MC not mirroring this emotion is what made me give ask the question.
it's called a coping mechanism. from an early age, she was abused. so it makes sense that she has trust issues given her history. as for Dylan, he explains he was constantly getting into trouble in school so it makes more sense that he would look like the criminal. as for Jessie rolling on him, again this is survival instinct at work. throughout her childhood, she likely developed her fight or flight instincts to such an extreme degree, she thought this was her only real chance. she even mentions how she didn't finish school due to her personal circumstances involving the dealing. really, Jessie was a vulnerable girl whose mother took advantage of and ultimately while she sold out Dylan, it's due to her just wanting to escape like she did with her mother. while what she did was illegal, she has to live with that guilt until she can really trust someone. Christa doesn't know so that says her trust isn't earned through a few good deeds but by feeling safe with someone like MC since it's on record that Christa attacked Dylan at some point

Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Really. Must be so hard to hold down CTRL for a minute or two, eh? God forbid.

View attachment 2412551
Har har!

If this is the only game you ever played, then I guess you wont mind some skipping and replaying. But for others they might not enjoy skipping in every 2nd game they play after new release. It is time consuming task.
That skipping is not as fast you you made it sound. It is easy to hold down the key. But when the game presents you with a choice out of nowhere, then you have to backtrack some chatlog (if the game allows it) and read the conversation so you could make a good decision.

Especially if those "forced restarts" can be avoided. I know a thing about developing and I can tell you, that Devs can change the code without forcing people to restart. It can be be done. Only downside is the fact, that it adds some work for dev.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
If this is the only game you ever played, then I guess you wont mind some skipping and replaying. But for others they might not enjoy skipping in every 2nd game they play after new release. It is time consuming task.
Buit you weren't talking about other games. You were talking about this one.

They might not enjoy skipping, but that's a cost of playing an in-development project. Shit changes. It's not time consuming, it's just being lazy.

Reactions: Porthas and Rare77

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I think this is also discussed above. U getting abused doesn't make it okay to do it to others. A villian having a story doesn't make it okay for him to do evil things. Not saying she is evil. Having this side makes her more deep but my question was about the reaction of MC to this new knowledge. He is so paranoid and puts his safety first but he just fawns over jessie like she is an angel the very next scene. To me what jessie did felt like a big deal and looking at discussions it's like that to some others too. If danny and jewel were more evil, it wouldn't be a problem. But like the story said. They were just losers.
I'm not saying it's okay to do it to others. all I'm saying is that given her childhood, she thought this was the only way to be loved. a cycle of abuse can lead to people believing things are acceptible

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
It's not time consuming, it's just being lazy.
Here you have it. It doesnt only apply to players, it also applies to devs. Devs can change the variables without breaking the script too much and forcing people to restart. Why dont they do it? It is them just being lazy.

FYI: I know what I am talking about. I work in development and our clients would sue us if I made some changes that would force to restart their work from the scratch. I cant give them stupid excuse "that's a cost of working with an in-development project. Shit changes." LOL

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Here you have it. It doesnt only apply to players, it also applies to devs. Devs can change the variables without breaking the script too much and forcing people to restart. Why dont they do it? It is them just being lazy.
We aren't talking about developers. We aren't talking about every 2nd game. We aren't talking about anything other than the entitlement of whining about having to hold down/press a key and a few keystrokes for choices. You can change variables, sure, but all of them come with some level of downsides that could affect things later.

My guy (or gal), there's a difference between changing perspectives or shifting goalposts. You're reaching hard right now. Might turn into a pretzel if you aren't careful.

FYI: I know what I am talking about. I work in development and our clients would sue us if I made some changes that would force to restart their work from the scratch. I cant give them stupid excuse "that's a cost of working with an in-development project. Shit changes." LOL
What's your point? We're talking hobbyist developers that barely know HTML or CSS. Not a company.

We aren't talking about a professional environment here. We aren't talking about your clients or the contracts you signed. You aren't restarting their work from scratch. We're on a piracy forum with many, many hobbyist devs. Many of which use Ren'py's ultra-simplified code. Many of which aren't going to go out of their way to find buried information when they can barely understand it in the first place.

Reactions: Rare77

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
We aren't talking about developers. We aren't talking about every 2nd game. We aren't talking about anything other than the entitlement of whining about having to hold down/press a key and a few keystrokes for choices. You can change variables, sure, but all of them come with some level of downsides that could affect things later.

My guy (or gal), there's a difference between changing perspectives or shifting goalposts. You're reaching hard right now. Might turn into a pretzel if you aren't careful.

What's your point? We're talking hobbyist developers that barely know HTML or CSS. Not a company.

We aren't talking about a professional environment here. We aren't talking about your clients or the contracts you signed. You aren't restarting their work from scratch. We're on a piracy forum with many, many hobbyist devs. Many of which use Ren'py's ultra-simplified code. Many of which aren't going to go out of their way to find buried information when they can barely understand it in the first place.
You defended a developer with saying "It's not time consuming, it's just (players) being lazy."
But I pointed out that it was bad argument. Because it works both ways. "It's not time consuming, it's just (devs) being lazy."
I dont see any way that "we arent talking about developers" is a valid start of response. Your argument doesnt make any sense.

You came and you started arguing and defending developers with shitty excuses ("we arent talking about devs" , "we are talking about every 2nd game" , "we arent talking about professional enviroment" , blah blah).
Let me sum it up for you: I dont care what you wanted to talk about. You started this by reacting to my post. I only wrote a complaint about games in a general and that it sucks to restart. You are the one forcing his propaganda and shitty excuses on others.

Aj Atkinson

Apr 13, 2022
We're talking about renaming Jack, who's only fully shown a couple times. He's the only one you can rename, and is nearly a self-insert. No idea who Scarlett is, either.

I wrote the code for it myself and tested it long before I sent it back to Echo when I first added it, so I know it works. I'd guess you're hitting the spacebar before hitting enter, or something of that nature.

View attachment 2413765
I do not remember the exact sequence, and I'm not a tester. So you may add some regexp to handle space symbols 'cause the player actively presses space during boring intro and prologues in case space was pressed.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
The way things are going I am surprised it doesn't happen in men's soccer now, and I use that term loosely.

• Haha
Reactions: MF_DOOM

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
:LOL::LOL::LOL: It's a "sport" notorious for men falling over acting like they have been sodomized by a rusty razor because the ball almost touches their 1000 buck hair cuts, calling it men"s is the true crime.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
:LOL::LOL::LOL: It's a "sport" notorious for men falling over acting like they have been sodomized by a rusty razor because the ball almost touches their 1000 buck hair cuts, calling it men"s is the true crime.
Nah, it's just how men are today, it's not the sport.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Either way you are playing a game where you get to, or can choose to fuck a girl who is "18", and personally have killed a whole bunch of cunts, who cares what she is wearing, Jessie could be wearing a potato sack and still be adorable.

Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Tbh, there's some filming in every sport that has contact, football is just more notorious in it for few reasons, like the fact that unlike in many sports previously there was only the main referee and two line referees to help them judge things and they didn't pause the game for pondering those situations. So it was just easier to award the free kick/penalty kick for the party that was "offended" against. This of course would bring tactical advantage so of course players and coaches then continued to do it. And while it is fun to poke fun at those filming at professional level, it doesn't take away the fact that football is quite injury prone sport, since there's really limited protective gear for players, the situations are fast and to be professional player, it requires your body to be in peak condition and control to be top notch.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes