Ren'Py Abandoned Little Sister [v1.5] [Master Wuju]

1.50 star(s) 52 Votes

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
OK So I restarted the game and FOUND THE CONTENTS YIPEEE it is actually not too bad and does have a good bit of potential, if not a great lot of contents just yet, but navigation is/ maybe a problem so be careful (Kira says he still resents her so leaves him to unpack and get some rest -screen jumps to him sat on bed. I didn't realise it was already the next day so went to bed and therefore could not progress as I had unknowingly lost a day. if there had been one more render of night time and let me go to bed all would have been OK. didn't notice top left icon morning. YES I am dum but I guess a good number of others are to as a few thought we couldn't get any content other than sleep)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017
Wow i thought id wait awhile till i played this... the content in this game is lacking for a 0.4 release... spose ill wait for 6 months or so

Short guide
1. Get up go to living room
2. Go to reception/lobby and get given key card by Ruby
3. Go to living room open inventory click keycard close inventory and then click on Kiras room door
4. In Kiras room click painting, pantie on bed, and sex toys (turn on for silly conversation) then sit on bed
5. Exit Kiras room and head to Lisa and Olivias room
6. Click on Lisa
7. Go to your room and sleep till next day
8. Watch sequence with Kira
9. Go to reception/lobby talk to Ruby choice here doesnt matter but looking down allows you to get a scene
10. Wait till evening and go to Lisa and Olivias room options dont appear to matter so might aswell keep watching
11. Sleep till next day
12. Go down to Reception/Lobby and talk to Ruby
13. Go up stairs and Talk to Kira in here room click talk about ruby
14. Wait till Evening and go talk to Lisa in her room
End of 0.4a content

Last edited:

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Re: The lack of a hint system talk between Guyin Cognito and juan palote.

I prefer the old school style of games not holding your hand. Trial and error, just straight up trying everything I can to get the game to do something. But the examples of just randomly trying bombs is a bad one. If the first or second bomb doesn't yield results and you haven't been told to specifically blow up everything there's a good chance a player is going to wander off and try something else somewhere else... unless a friend or a guide has told them otherwise, and let's be honest with ourselves that's right up there with in-game hint systems. A prompt to say you're on the correct path would be a good idea in that case. Something like "I feel like I'm on the right path, I should bomb another..."
A better example of a game not holding your hand that's more relevant, in my opinion, is when trying things in point and clicks that don't work but still result in something happening, such as dropping a pen lid into a hole towards the end of Broken Sword. It did nothing at all, and George acknowledged that in a quippy why the fuck did I expect anything to happen from that kind of way. Clicking things and getting no reaction out of the game at all is boring. Modern games that try to approach things in an old school no hand-holding kind of way often seem to forget that the game should still be entertaining while you're struggling or failing miserably. If there's no hand-holding hint system I expect to at least be told when I'm doing stuff wrong so I don't feel like I'm just wasting time. And being told you're not on the right track is a good opportunity for the devs to have fun with flavour text.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
There is a reason why that kind of gaming experience died and its buried.
Very few people like it and its more because of nostalgia than anything else. There is no skill involved, just time wasting.
Current gaming is based more on skill than spending stupid amounts of time doing mindless stuff for no reason.
In your example, there is literally 0 skill involved in carryng those bombs and bombing the rocks, any 5 year kid could do it, you just need to have time to waste.
Sure ... except that, as I mentioned, Breath Of the Wild is a return to the exploration based style of gameplay, and it was a big success which has spawn a spin-off, a sequal in production, a slew of popular clones, and is itself strongly influenced by previous game in some aspects, and all of those things have been popular lately. So ... not so much dead as "making a comeback."

You are right that it is not a "skill-based" style of gameplay. It's based on the sense of exploration and discovery. The original Zelda was inspired by Miyamoto's experiences playing in the forest behind his home as a child. Recreating that feeling was the whole point. It doesn't require a lot of skill to peak under rocks and logs and discover cool bugs and stuff. It's not "for no reason" if you happen to be someone that enjoys it. Enjoyment is the ultimate purpose of most games.

So, in a way, you're right. While it could be said that too many hints defeats the purpose of an exploration based game, one could also say that exploration based games in general don't require as much skill as other kinds of games.

In the end, that just means you're another person coming into the thread of a game you don't like
because that's not the kind of game you like
and complaining that it's not the kind of game you like.
Too bad. Don't play it.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Sure ... except that, as I mentioned, Breath Of the Wild is a return to the exploration based style of gameplay, and it was a big success which has spawn a spin-off, a sequal in production, a slew of popular clones, and is itself strongly influenced by previous game in some aspects, and all of those things have been popular lately. So ... not so much dead as "making a comeback."

You are right that it is not a "skill-based" style of gameplay. It's based on the sense of exploration and discovery. The original Zelda was inspired by Miyamoto's experiences playing in the forest behind his home as a child. Recreating that feeling was the whole point. It doesn't require a lot of skill to peak under rocks and logs and discover cool bugs and stuff. It's not "for no reason" if you happen to be someone that enjoys it. Enjoyment is the ultimate purpose of most games.

So, in a way, you're right. While it could be said that too many hints defeats the purpose of an exploration based game, one could also say that exploration based games in general don't require as much skill as other kinds of games.

In the end, that just means you're another person coming into the thread of a game you don't like
because that's not the kind of game you like
and complaining that it's not the kind of game you like.
Too bad. Don't play it.
I am not playing it. I just gave some feedback after trying it and left it alone

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Re: The lack of a hint system talk between Guyin Cognito and juan palote.

I prefer the old school style of games not holding your hand. Trial and error, just straight up trying everything I can to get the game to do something. But the examples of just randomly trying bombs is a bad one. If the first or second bomb doesn't yield results and you haven't been told to specifically blow up everything there's a good chance a player is going to wander off and try something else somewhere else... unless a friend or a guide has told them otherwise, and let's be honest with ourselves that's right up there with in-game hint systems. A prompt to say you're on the correct path would be a good idea in that case. Something like "I feel like I'm on the right path, I should bomb another..."
A better example of a game not holding your hand that's more relevant, in my opinion, is when trying things in point and clicks that don't work but still result in something happening, such as dropping a pen lid into a hole towards the end of Broken Sword. It did nothing at all, and George acknowledged that in a quippy why the fuck did I expect anything to happen from that kind of way. Clicking things and getting no reaction out of the game at all is boring. Modern games that try to approach things in an old school no hand-holding kind of way often seem to forget that the game should still be entertaining while you're struggling or failing miserably. If there's no hand-holding hint system I expect to at least be told when I'm doing stuff wrong so I don't feel like I'm just wasting time. And being told you're not on the right track is a good opportunity for the devs to have fun with flavour text.
Even old school had magazines and strategy guides. What's easy for some can be difficult for others, and instead of saying f them and "do better", what is the harm in a little help so they also can enjoy it? :unsure:

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Even old school had magazines and strategy guides. What's easy for some can be difficult for others, and instead of saying f them and "do better", what is the harm in a little help so they also can enjoy it? :unsure:
I think you missed my point entirely. I even mentioned strategy guides and word of mouth for help with old school games.
My point was while I prefer a game not to hold my hand and tell me everything I need to do, I still expect it to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong.
If a game needs a hint system or strategy guides/walkthroughs then it's really doing a bad job at being intuitive.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I think you missed my point entirely. I even mentioned strategy guides and word of mouth for help with old school games.
My point was while I prefer a game not to hold my hand and tell me everything I need to do, I still expect it to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong.
If a game needs a hint system or strategy guides/walkthroughs then it's really doing a bad job at being intuitive.
Fair enough, personally being intuitive is way below story, intriguing characters and lewdness,etc for me. If the only fault a vn needs a walkthrough do to some of it without getting lost, it doesn't really bother me.

But each to their own.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.4a APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Last edited:

Palim palim

Nov 3, 2020
Roamed for 4-5 days and NEVER seen anybody!
Exact this, the Skip time button dont work, so you click Stupid arround only to read "In develoment" or "This is no good idea"

I know game development need time and is not easy. But from my point of view this game feels like a Version 0.1 game.
Anyway, besides the emptyness and not really good Controls (Like some games offer a Room oversight with Miniicons that show in which rooms are tasks or persons) its not a bad start

OldschoolAndy1965

Nov 16, 2019
A GERMAN TRANSLATION (non-professional) of Little Sister - v.0.4 b
(only for PC-Version)

Little Sister - deutsch.jpg

Hello Friends

I've
translated all the dialogues (english is gone) from Little Sister - Version 0.4 b into German language.
The only thing I haven't changed is the given buttons.
(Time of day, mobile phone, inventory and the central "Back" button below.)

(Ich habe alle Dialoge (Englisch gibt es nicht mehr) von Little Sister - Version 0.4 b in die deutsche Sprache übersetzt.
Das einzige, was ich nicht geändert habe, sind die vorhandenen Schaltflächen:
Tageszeit, Handy, Inventar und die zentrale Schaltfläche "Zurück" unten.)

To install:
Open the folder: "Little_Sister-0.4-pc/game" and make a backup copy of the following (original-) folders / files:
Folders:
- scripts
- tl
Files:
- gui_game.rpy
- screens.rpy
- script.rpy

Download Translation here:

Then open my rar-folder:
Little Sister v.4.0b -deutsch.rar
and replace the original files in the "game" folder

DONE !!!