3.70 star(s) 46 Votes

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
There is a reason more popular devs take longer with their updates. They make sure the content is worth playing and substantial.

There is no point releasing on a regular basis if people aren't enjoying it and blowing through it in a few minutes. It gets to a point where they just won't bother.

It also gets to a point where patrons and potential patrons move on looking for devs that supply meatier content updates.
True... it put Devs between a rock and a hard place. The problem with longer updates is that people can also start losing interest, especially starting off with a project. Unless your game is extremely good like Reincarnotica.

Popular devs get's more leeway to take longer with updates, as the Patreons and fans know that they are going to get good quality updates. With new devs, you are never sure if he is busy abandoning the project, or working on a quality update.
So for me short updates at least show the project is still alive, while moving at a snail's pace.

That is the problem with VN type games and Patreon. It seems to be difficult to get the balance right.
My theory is that Sandbox game are easier to get it right, as you need less content for more playtime and can therefore bring out more frequent updates (MOTH was on bi-monthly updates for a very long time)

I think it's no accident that 4/5 of the top viewed games on here are sandbox type games.

I really like this game, so I'm rooting for the Dev to not abandon the game.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I have a feeling that this game is abandoned. I get the sense that instead of releasing a final update and disappearing like other devs this dev came up with the brilliant idea of breaking the final update into tiny little pieces. So, he spends the next year releasing those tiny pieces bit by bit, making it seem like he still working on the game, when in reality he’s not.
Crazy theory...I hope not

Reactions: arms99

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Was half expecting this update not to work again :LOL: was a little on the short side again though which is a shame we seem to be moving at a snail's pace with the story, at least we got some more scenes with Kat, no Mrs Johnson though always look forward to her scenes but seems like a few updates she's not been in now.

GrimReviews

Feb 11, 2019
looks like i have to remove this from my looking forward to list which is a shame the updates just seem to get worse and worse then this update just sealed it for me tbh look i cant touch my toes thanks for playing basically sums up this update

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

hisstoryman

Jul 1, 2018
While still worth downloading, I think the dev should go with the recent trend of other good developers, less updates with more content. If the game is good patrons will wait for a more satisfying and longer update. As it stands these 5 minute updates are akin to a tooth extraction.

Reactions: Kaldapas and Arnaud

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
this last 2 updates been shit, i love the dev but he cant keep going like this.... if he wants to get people support him he needs to do steady updates like he did before this last 2 updates... I know is hard to make good updates when there is almost no earnings but this work / hobby is like that, at first you have to sacrifice your time, with time if people see you are always doing nice updates they will end up supporting you.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Are you guys sure you saw the whole update? I had sex with Jess twice and licked Kat's pussy, that's not nothing.

The only thing that sucked! was that Kat didn't suck! MC's dick when Dave was there. ;)

I used to complain about the updates, but then I started a new playthrough and cheated the score with the girls a bit and suddenly I found lots of content I had missed before

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
thanks maybe that it i have been playing with save game from the first release ever since. will try a new game and then try differernt option.

evilgrim

Jul 28, 2018
I have played this game enough times now , that i have only ever got Mrs Johnson bathroom scene once ...
I really can't remember what i did to get it in the first place , can some one give me some tips please thanks

Val72

May 22, 2019
Thanks for the advice botc76, but for developer nice game you made and please don't forget us playing on android
I'll go try a new way

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Are you guys sure you saw the whole update? I had sex with Jess twice and licked Kat's pussy, that's not nothing.

The only thing that sucked! was that Kat didn't suck! MC's dick when Dave was there. ;)

I used to complain about the updates, but then I started a new playthrough and cheated the score with the girls a bit and suddenly I found lots of content I had missed before
Are we talking about the same update?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Griffin407
3.70 star(s) 46 Votes