2.20 star(s) 11 Votes

M241

Jul 31, 2020
That's what I mean. If that amount of grinding would result in having sex and all the between steps like bathing, touching, mutual masturbation, giving and receiving head, and so on, would that strike you as a good balance? ^_^

-6 should be very salvageable!
You'd probably need to rebalance how affection is gained as a whole. There's no "hint" on how the mechanic even work, relying intuition can fail flat as it's basically the player guessing what you think, which isn't as obvious as you'd intend it to be. It's hard to strike a balance between not literally holding the player's hand, but also not leaving it too ambiguous such that the player ends up thinking/expecting a vastly different outcome than one you intended, and imo the game is leaning a bit too much into the latter.

From personal experience playing it for a few hours before throwing in the towel, a lot of things I learnt are trial and error. Intuition helps a little bit, but a lot of things does not seem to work the way I thought it would. It's also hard to say if that's mis-matching intuition, or if it's a bug (seems like imouto is doing the chore every day when she got home, which is either a bug or confusing mechanics, given that you're given a chore timer implying that not everything needs to be done daily). Affection falls too easily without the game letting you know exactly what's causing it, while the player are locked out of what I'd assume to be most of affection-raising options, which are gated from having some affection to begin with.

Pair that with the massive amount of interaction option without any real depth at the moment, it's hard to say if you're playing properly. There's a massive amount of dialog options, which doesn't seem to do much. As a suggestion, what you could do, is having big topic categories, with gameplay/interactions slowly expanding on sub-topic as a minigame, which would massively reduce the amount of option thrown at the player at the start of the game, while maintaining your overall conversation topics. For lewd topic, this also provides a nice progression from one topic to the next, without having the player guessing when it's finally appropriate to move to the next one.

miglosch

Jan 21, 2023
Because the pads were mentioned...
I was shopping with her and have bought a lot of these pads, but she is still complaining that she needs pads... weird.

Fargus

Jan 27, 2018
I was shopping with her and have bought a lot of these pads, but she is still complaining that she needs pads... weird.
...maybe because it's ONLY version 0.37... that the game is far from being finished balanced and bug-free and that this kind of inconsistency is necessarily common for a pre-version

Reactions: Advent Games

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
There appears to be a bug that when you buy things, they are not actually added to inventory. Hopefully it will be working at the next update. Since the game systems are still being built, we should expect the next couple of versions to be a bit buggy still.

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
There appears to be a bug that when you buy things, they are not actually added to inventory. Hopefully it will be working at the next update. Since the game systems are still being built, we should expect the next couple of versions to be a bit buggy still.
Heya! Can you tell me which version you were playing and which items didn't get added to the inventory?

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
Heya! Can you tell me which version you were playing and which items didn't get added to the inventory?
I was playing on 0.38 hot fixed. Here is the post I made before:
https://f95zone.to/threads/living-together-v0-37-advent-games.209886/post-13905507
I mention the bug at the top of my post, item #1).

I also mentioned the days not advancing properly in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/living-together-v0-37-advent-games.209886/post-13904139
I think that was in 0.38, before the hot fix.

Reactions: miglosch

NixonRM34

Dec 16, 2021
In current versions is it possible to interact more with it? (I have an average confidence of 320 and attraction of 230) and I just surpassed the good mood)

miglosch

Jan 21, 2023
v0.38 hot fixed
Just tried the student route:
There is no way to buy groceries (not counting the convenience store) except by taking the 3k shopping trip on the weekend.
When I did that (on Sunday) , I bought enough of everything and finished out the day.
The next morning, it was Sunday again, there was no food or anything else I had bought, and the money that I had spent was gone.

I have played several routes now and none have worked for more than a week or two.
Is there any route in this game that is currently playable?
I got the same scenario... also v0.38
Somtimes it occurs that the weekend have 4 days... I didn't mind it because it was good to grind some extra points of trust. ;)
Unfortunately can the weekend activity only been played once and in my case I can only go to swim. I don't know if it's a bug, but it would be nice if I can go swimming on one day and go to a picnic on the other day...
...maybe because it's ONLY version 0.37... that the game is far from being finished balanced and bug-free and that this kind of inconsistency is necessarily common for a pre-version
Yeah, I didn't say or guess anything different...
I only would mention it for the dev :whistle:

And sorry for I didn't have seen that it was already reported...

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
The game looks really nice, a quite good remake of Imouto~Monochrome but... Man, the balance of the game really need some rework. You can't have a positive outcome that give negative points or no stat points at all, if you want your players to at least give a chance to the long (and I mean, VERY long) grind you put them through. On the other hand, there are some gains that makes total sense : for example, while playing games with her, the trust gain is different if it's a game style she likes or not so much.
But honestly, even if you don't rebalance the gain/loss of points when interacting with her, please at least make it so that the text describing the interaction matches more closely the outcome. (and if you're interested, I could give you the full list of "no gain/negative gain" i encountered linked with a positive description).

FYI, I'm playing 0.37. I also encountered other bugs I've already seen in this thread mainly, Saturday or Sunday repeating themselves/disappearing, Inconsistency in the items bought/consumed especially for the drinks : why is the beer in the same category as soft cold drinks ? And why when I choose to drink sake does my Beer count go down? I even reached -14 beers, that's my personal best. And yes, when you drink sake, you have the same text as when you drink beer btw.

Reactions: Advent Games

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
Version 0.38 Subscriber Special Available

hundred_scene_4_7.jpg

As a token of my thanks for the awesome support, I've made a small story about Imouto, also showing her gratitude towards her Oniichan! I hope you enjoy!

Available on:

Content Updates Coming !

Changelog:
  • Added 100 Subscriber Special (Find in the new Smartphone Camera App)
  • Added Camera App to Smartphone with Replay (working) and Gallery (work in progress)
  • Moved Rentacar to the BRAVE New World browser
  • added Rollback and Skip to all VN elements (Pool, Picnic and Subscriber Special)
  • Weekend Activities now skip to a shortened Narration instead of the full story if you already did them once. You can always watch them back through the Camera app.
  • Narration Skip now also works on Weekend actions narrations.
  • Close phone button (square) active area increased to 256px.
  • Checkings will no longer automatically be moved to Savings on Saturday for Daytraders.
  • Added a Grocery Store trip to Weekend Activities (no fee)
  • Added an additional sound effect when clicking the Sound Effect Test button
  • Fixed KeyError: 53 (or some other number) in Line 1009 of evening_behavior.rpy
  • Lowered cost for Weekend Activities with Imouto (Shopping, Pool, Picnic)
  • Fixed days repeating when going to bed between 0:00 and 0:59
  • Improved mathematics behind HODL stock mutations. I am now 80% confident it is correct

EDIT: Small Update: Unlocked the Subscriber Special Gallery for Everyone

Last edited:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
How does the corruption work in the game, do you ruin her academic career,does she slowly dress more lewd and her personality become extroverted ?

magnacox

May 7, 2017
I understand you're trying to lay the groundwork for... something.
But this is mind-numbingly grindy, not fun, nor titillating.

2.20 star(s) 11 Votes