iliketoplay

Jan 28, 2018
I need help please , am playing the game again after a long time. I forget how to get to the roof top to catch the batnun . Thank you in advance :D

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
they tried renpy port once but it got abandoned quickly.

like some1 suggested act 4 should be made with renpy since rpgm is nothing but stable with those long scenes (video etc) and no autosave so at worst has to replay long stretch cuz forgot to save.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
batnun flies on diff buildings and last building where you catch it should be easily entered.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
From Patreon:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Okay the votes are counted and the winner is:

1. Work on Living with Mia ACT4
(We will start working on ACT4 and a new version will start coming out once ACT1, 2 & 3 are ported to Ren'Py.)

So we have one more version of LwM before the end of ACT3. This version will be released this month.

Once ACT3 is complete, we will start working on the Ren'Py port of ACT1, 2 & 3
One act will be released per month.
So, this whole process will take around 3 months. This will be hard. A lot of story will have to be rewritten to fit Ren'Py since you can't just walk around like in RPGM. Also, we will have to re-render all the images from ACT1 and 2 of the game which is 2594 images converted from 720p to 1080p + updates to the poses, expressions and backgrounds in all the images.

Our reasoning behind the LwM port to Ren'Py:
Stability!
Currently the game crashes because of poor optimization in RPGM (Hell, it even crashes on our work stations with i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, 2x1080ti sometimes)
We have searched for a solution, but it seems like there is none except changing the engine.

Time we need to develop ACT4
Some of you commented that we should not Port ACT1, 2 & 3 and start working on ACT4 ASAP. But, this is not possible since we want to bring LwM to a new level of quality.
Let me elaborate:
Act4 will feature new/updated characters, new/updated locations and other important optimizations that we have not been able to do since the start of ACT2. While porting the game, some team members will start working on ACT4 immediately so they will have 3 months to write the story and do the necessary preparations for ACT4 (I can't say too much because of spoilers). This, we believe, will bring you the best ACT of the game that you have seen so far.

Best regards,
Inceton games team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Personally, I think this is a great decision. Ren'py is just a much better engine for these games/VNs and I really hope this change will tighten up the story and make it more coherent as there have been parts of the previous acts which feel very different to the way the game is now with regards to the characters, story, etc. So hopefully this revamp will improve this and I very much look forward to the updated characters as the models in EoL are fantastic and if we can get that get kind of quality for Mia then...

Also hope they'll reduce the donkey dick of the MC a bit as well and make it a more reasonable size, but overall I can't wait to see this Ren'py version of Living with Mia. :D

P.S. @IncetonGames @Conviction07: I'm presuming there will be some sort of incest patch for the new Ren'py versions?

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Personally, I think this is a great decision. Ren'py is just a much better engine for these games/VNs and I really hope this change will tighten up the story and make it more coherent as there have been parts of the previous acts which feel very different to the way the game is now with regards to the characters, story, etc. So hopefully this revamp will improve this and I very much look forward to the updated characters as the models in EoL are fantastic and if we can get that get kind of quality for Mia then...

Also hope they'll reduce the donkey dick of the MC a bit as well and make it a more reasonable size, but overall I can't wait to see this Ren'py version of Living with Mia. :D

P.S. @IncetonGames @Conviction07: I'm presuming there will be some sort of incest patch for the new Ren'py versions?
I imagine it’ll be like EoL where you define their relationships at the beginning of the game.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I imagine it’ll be like EoL where you define their relationships at the beginning of the game.
Cool. Can't wait to play it and I really hope you've helped tighten up the story for the previous 2 acts. I know I've said this before, but I think your writing has really helped this game recently and I hope to see that same great work lift up some parts of the previous acts and make the whole thing more cohesive.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
renpy versions don't matter to me except act 3 (since just couldn't get to end of mia, mc, emma and her brother scene in hotel since game always crashed bit after mia and emma started dildoing themselves). silver line on dark cloud is that new players will get past some scenes w/o game crashing and can freely save and dark cloud is that those who like bestiality will lose last remains of it (w/o digging up old version of 1.0).

Lycan Huntz4Oppai

The Voyeur Wolf
Donor
May 31, 2017
Bad news guys! There is another poll up to see if Living with Mia will be continued or not.

END or CONTINUE Living with Mia IMPORTANT!!!
Some of you believe that the last poll was not fair so here it is again only 2 options this time.

A Patron "Fake Name Real Money" made a good point. Quote:

"I mean if I remember correctly (i dont feel like double checking), this statement is both technically true and technically not true... there were multiple options that had LwM ending. I think if we added them up, then LwM lost... just saying... possibly because the new game is just so much better and I want more of it. "

This poll will last for 2 days. After that, we will count the votes and give you an update on what you have decided.
Points will be counted by your Patron tier:
Follower/Former Patron: 1 point
2$ Patron: 2 points
5$ Patron: 5 points
10$ Patron: 10 points
25$ Patron: 25 points
50$ Patron: 50 points
and so on...

As of right now, Option B (continue living with mia) is ahead by 10% and I fear it the gap will close with 1 day of voting left. If you want LwM to continue than I highly suggest you vote. P.s. you can blame "Fake Name, Real Money" for asking the revote.

Ivan1000

Jun 27, 2017
Well I definitely want them to continue LwM and give it the good and proper ending it deserves instead of a rushed ending. It is their first game after all. Maybe they can make Act 4 the swan song, tie up any loose ends and then fully focus on EoL

batmna

Mar 22, 2019
Fucking "Fake Name, Real Money" bitch.

Last time i voted for "Move to Kazakhstan and buy a sheep farm", this time i won't make same mistake again

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so if five 50 bucks patrons say end mia and twenty 2 bucks patrons say continue and rest divide somewhat equally so end wins.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This is the thing I often dislike about the "community involvement" aspect of Patreon and of making theses games. If the dev has an idea for how they want their game to play out, if they have an idea of where they want the game to go, then they should just do it and never mind what their Patron community thinks. It's ridiculous to me that whatever idea @IncetonGames and his team have for how the LwM story will continue could be cancelled just because they let others decide how to run their business.

Developing LwM clearly doesn't interfere with EoL because they said themselves that EoL will still receive regular updates while they redevelop LwM into a Ren'py game AND develop Act 4, so I don't see why anyone would vote to not continue it. @IncetonGames clearly has a plan for Act 4 and they sounded very excited by it, so I'd say screw their community and just do what you want to do which is remake LwM and make Act 4.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
so if five 50 bucks patrons say end mia and twenty 2 bucks patrons say continue and rest divide somewhat equally so end wins.
This is also a ridiculous part of their voting process. You don't assign points to Patron tiers because it could skew the votes if just a few of the higher tiered Patrons vote to not continue LwM but the vast majority of lowered tiered Patrons vote to continue it. It should just be a standard vote count of each individual vote and how many individual votes go in favour of 'yes' or 'no'.

If @IncetonGames doesn't make Act 4 because a few outweighed the many, then, in my opinion, the vote was invalid.

3.80 star(s) 27 Votes