strela

Aug 15, 2019
question, how different the story would be had you beat Akatsuki on first time? You'll still fight his group in tournament final and got interrupted by the mysterious shades right?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I checked all instances of the screenshot/SC1.jpg thingy with WRPGE3 in prpr's translation 0.1.0, and they all look good to me compared 1:1 to the same lines in JP 2.01.
At first glance, it doesn't seem like Translator++ messed around with the code, at least.
This trick (of taking ascreenshot and manipulating it 2 lines later) is used 23 times throughout the game, and only in the DLC parts (in 452: DLC Story, 525: Album Yui display processing and 526: Album Kasumi display processing).
In other words, if you have a JP save, you should be able to reproduce it just by looking at the relevant scenes (Yui and Kasumi) in the album. I'm supposed to work right now (waiting on a meeting), so I'm not going to speed my way through the game, but you can.

View attachment 3753510
Thank you, Kasumi. Very cool.

But the screenshot instruction is indeed a WRPG Pro (GamePro.exe) instruction - I'm not sure if it works with a WRPG Free (Game.exe) executable.
Could the executable be in fact a WRPG Free executable? Does Translator++ do this kind of switcheroo when releasing?
I notice the GamePro.exe all have different CRCs:
- JP 2.0.0 GamePro.exe: EC1C6A11
- JP 2.0.1 GamePro.exe: CE1FE22B
- prpr 0.1.0 GamePro.exe: 57E5CBDE

EDIT: Well, without launching the game yet it looks like this theory might be further supported by Wolf RPG Editor Pro itself, but not with the executable - with Game.dat.
Note: The game uses Wolf RPG Pro 3.260.2023.1115 (from the exe in the JP 2.01 release).

If you get WRPGE3 Pro (available here), unzip, take the closest version (WOLF_RPG_Editor_3.261_Pro_2023_1123_mini_9MB), and put EditorPro.exe in the game directory, you'll be able to load it without any issue on the original JP release.

But if you do this on the prpr 0.1.0 release, you'll see this:

View attachment 3753839

And sure enough, the Editor just... updates the Data/BasicData/Game.dat on its own (from 09212C74 to 46104DC0).
It's not just a bit switch, either - the Game.dat changes most of its content.

Now I'm not sure why, how or where this Data/BasicData/Game.dat comes from, if it was accidentally copied from the original Imouto Life Fantasy (which was WRPG Free, not WRPG Pro) of if Translation++ doesn't make or alter the Game.dat in a WRPG Pro-compliant way, but I suspect this might be the culprit:
The game does not call the screenshot instruction - and therefore does not generate SC1.jpg, causing the File not found error - because the Game.dat is a Game.dat from WRPG Free (either from 1.4x or from Translation++), and not WRPG Pro (from 2.00 or 2.01).
This does not happen on the JP version, which has a WRPG Pro Game.dat. Ergo. Imouto ergo sum.

I have unfortunately no means of testing this hypothesis currently.
Ah, the reason for the difference would be because I did do some minor edits in Wolf Editor v3 (not pro), so I suppose that I will have to redo those real quick using the more featured version (thanks for the link). Fortunately I do have all my changes well documented so it will be easy to reapply them (it's just a bit of UI stuff really). I'll swap the newest JP GamePro in as well, I don't think it breaks anything (I don't know what actually modified it in the first place, perhaps I accidentally used an older version?). Then I guess I'll have to get a save file to one of the SC1 scenes to actually test if it's doing it properly.

Reactions: leastdevotee

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
question, how different the story would be had you beat Akatsuki on first time? You'll still fight his group in tournament final and got interrupted by the mysterious shades right?
It's not very different, but you get the option to do some more combat stuff instead of the cooking route.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I did a quick playthrough of the DLC with mtool and I didn't get this bug. Dunno if that helps
M'kay, the issue must be either the GamePro.exe being the wrong version or the free version of Wolf Editor mucking things up somehow. Going to try to blast through to an offending scene to see if just swapping the exe fixes it, and if not, try rebasing on files exported using the Pro version.

EDIT: OH! The Album includes it as well! That's a million times easier to access, lol. Also swapping the exe alone did not work, will experiment further.

EDIT2: Fixed it! Will put together new packages with fixed files. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped look into this bug!

Last edited:
Reactions: ycbalabala

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
This might ironically break the compatibility patch with Kagura saves, though, if we were just using Kagura's Game.dat.
I'm not sure, though. Maybe putting Kagura's Game.dat and letting the editor update it can preserve compat.

EDIT: Oh, you already handled that. Welp.

I'm just glad I can use my day job skills of debugging stuff made by other people all in service of the almighty imouto. In fact, considering my wage and the time they make me waste in useless meetings, I might just redirect that to Inusuku and purchase both game and DLC.

Anyway, tangent time. I love the choice of Comrade Onii-chan for Kasumi.

This is absolutely not a dig or anything, I am fully aware that comrade is to be interpreted in the fellowship/nakama sense (Onii-chan and Kasumi being BL-buddies - to Kasumi, at least) and I don't have a better suggestion, but I can't help but hear the when she uses it.
She will seize the means of seducing Onii-chan from the lustful, selfish and greedy imouto and redistribute him to the guild.
She arguably already does in the base game (by straight-up entertaining the thought of using the imouto as a lever to win against Onii-chan) and the DLC (you know, uh, the sex part).

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Okay... open question for everyone :

How badly do we want save cross-compatibility with the Kagura/Steam version?
I might know how to do it, but theres a downside : lose previous translation save compatibility, so you would have to start from scratch or transfer in a Kagura/Steam save.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Anyway, tangent time. I love the choice of Comrade Onii-chan for Kasumi.

This is absolutely not a dig or anything, I am fully aware that comrade is to be interpreted in the fellowship/nakama sense (Onii-chan and Kasumi being BL-buddies - to Kasumi, at least) and I don't have a better suggestion, but I can't help but hear the when she uses it.
She will seize the means of seducing Onii-chan from the lustful, selfish and greedy imouto and redistribute him to the guild.
She arguably already does in the base game (by straight-up entertaining the thought of using the imouto as a lever to win against Onii-chan) and the DLC (you know, uh, the sex part).
I find it awkward sometimes even as the one writing it, but also, it is awkward that she does it, and she is an awkward girl anyway, after all. Actually, Inusuku uses two different forms of the word (同士 switching later to 同志) and she changes from originally using "Comrade Onii-san" to "Comrade Onii-chan" in later scripts. The former I can't possibly represent and the latter for now has been changed to just be "Comrade Onii-chan" in all circumstances aside from the very first meeting I believe, because due to the randomness of when you encounter events, you could get weird scenarios where she would call you Onii-chan one day then Onii-san the next. In the future I may try to rig it so that a flag get sets when either you progress far enough in the story or when her relationship level gets high enough so she'll switch over more naturally. It's an extremely trivial detail but I really do like Kasumi a lot (and so does Inusuku it seems, judging by how she has the most album dialogue by about 33% over the next closest girl and Onii-chan unloads into her literally a dozen times in a row).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ycbalabala

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024

I might know how to do it, but theres a downside : lose previous translation save compatibility, so you would have to start from scratch or transfer in a Kagura/Steam save.
I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you think it is to swap compatibility. I made a version of the Game.dat file with the Kagura game name, in my very limited testing it does load some basic Kagura version saves and explodes worse than an onsen resort when you try to use Japanese/fan version saves.

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021

May as well include it. You'll get questions on whether their saves from the Kagura Games versions would be possible to transfer or not.

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022

I personally have no problem considering the Kagura/Steam version as something mostly separate from the base game (and playing the switching game between files when necessary).

I might be able to rig a converter together if I knew the save file format and just how different the games are in terms of save structure, variable names/positioning, etc.
But my first experience with anything resembling modding Wolf RPG is less than a day old, so I'm very far from doing something that could work. It's not like I can Google a datasheet about the file format or code that can read it. Or could I...?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you think it is to swap compatibility. I made a version of the Game.dat file with the Kagura game name, in my very limited testing it does load some basic Kagura version saves and explodes worse than an onsen resort when you try to use Japanese/fan version saves.
Damn, I was planning to mess around with it and see what happened... should have guessed Kagura would make things difficult.
Still want to rename it, but in the interest of mod compatibility, probably best to leave it alone.

anyway, I'm slowly chugging away through the DLC, but I need to take a break for a bit, been working in hour bursts since I woke up, but hoping to get a additional 4-5 solid hours of work (seems I'm rewriting a lot of scenes to make more sense atm, so god only knows how long it'll take to do)

4.70 star(s) 79 Votes