Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
I might be able to rig a converter together if I knew the save file format and just how different the games are in terms of save structure, variable names/positioning, etc.
It's probably a significant struggle to make something that will convert saves, I have tried a bit of hex editing nonsense in the past but definitely did not get anything to take. Certainly welcome to try, though. Maybe BlueFireNick has looked into it some? He's spent more time in Wolf Editor than probably anyone else here.

Hopefully though between my version and Shades's there won't really be much need to play the Kagura version in the future? Between the two different translation styles already on offer I don't know how much value they will be able to add to the script. And anything cosmetic, well...

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
It's probably a significant struggle to make something that will convert saves, I have tried a bit of hex editing nonsense in the past but definitely did not get anything to take. Certainly welcome to try, though. Maybe BlueFireNick has looked into it some? He's spent more time in Wolf Editor than probably anyone else here.

Hopefully though between my version and Shades's there won't really be much need to play the Kagura version in the future? Between the two different translation styles already on offer I don't know how much value they will be able to add to the script. And anything cosmetic, well...
Yeah, I don't think blind hex editing will work in this one. I'd need to be able to at least interpret the save contents correctly.
I've seen Wolf RPG saves' contents before (by sending one online) and couldn't make heads or tails from it (I think it was for Milk Quest II?), but I'm currently looking at with great interest.

The imouto compels me to open Visual Studio again. I shall never be free.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Imouto_prpr
Oct 14, 2022
How badly do we want save cross-compatibility with the Kagura/Steam version?
Everything we're seeing tells me this is so much more trouble than it's worth. Yes, people want to be able to play between the two, but I think there's ulterior motives for those requests, like kagura's uncensor, or checking translation difference in particular scenes. Not that those aren't legitimate cases (though the first of my made up reasons won't matter in the end), but it doesn't feel as significant an argument to me to put in the kind of work needed alongside continuing translation work.

CYFire

Feb 8, 2018
A really really dumb question, but I swear I've read the FaQs... Is there any way to savescum without closing the game? Is there a "back to main menu" or "load menu" that I am just missing for months of playing this game?
It's so annoying to lose my Cheatengine progress - using Mtool changes the process name so your revised list does not work for me and I have no clue about pointers...

Other than that: You TLs and modders and walkthrough writers are heroes.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
A really really dumb question, but I swear I've read the FaQs... Is there any way to savescum without closing the game? Is there a "back to main menu" or "load menu" that I am just missing for months of playing this game?
It's so annoying to lose my Cheatengine progress - using Mtool changes the process name so your revised list does not work for me and I have no clue about pointers...

F12 does a soft reset. No it's not obvious that that feature is in the game :KEK:
...Actually maybe I should add that to the title bar? Can probably hex edit it in, lol.

EDIT: There we go, in my next version the window's gonna be like:
reset.png

Last edited:

[Crimson Mantle]

Formerly 'UchihaKazuma'
Jul 10, 2022

F12

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
Uh, so I just used WolfSave, took my 1.43 TL Phi v3 (with FFFox) save I had at day 167, changed the game name inside the save file, and I can just... load it into Kagura's version. Play around, H, hot springs and all. Imouto even raped me in my sleep (because of course she did, the horny gremlin).
That cannot possibly be right, can it?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Uh, so I just used WolfSave, took my 1.43 TL Phi v3 (with FFFox) save I had at day 167, changed the game name inside the save file, and I can just... load it into Kagura's version. Play around, H, hot springs and all. Imouto even raped me in my sleep (because of course she did, the horny gremlin).
That cannot possibly be right, can it?
Yep, that's probably it. All you have to do to make the game open saves from the other version is change the game's name in the editor, after all. The only reason it's a pain is because of how the engine encrypts everything, so if WolfSave has resolved that, then yeah that seems about right.

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
if WolfSave has resolved that, then yeah that seems about right.
It looks like they did just that , by... just brute-forcing the thing. And it seems to work, as I can take my Kagura save back to the original version by doing the reverse.
What the heck, I don't even have anything to do! Except maybe a script that downloads WolfSave for you and edits $.Header.Game Name.value.
For reference and if other people want to try it (and convert their Kagura save), the original Game Name value is "妹!せいかつ ~ファンタジー~" (that space in the middle is an , not a normal space) and Kagura's Game Name value is "Living with Sister: Monochrome Fantasy".

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
It looks like they did just that , by... just brute-forcing the thing. And it seems to work, as I can take my Kagura save back to the original version by doing the reverse.
What the heck, I don't even have anything to do! Except maybe a script that downloads WolfSave for you and edits $.Header.Game Name.value.
For reference and if other people want to try it (and convert their Kagura save), the original Game Name value is "妹!せいかつ ~ファンタジー~" (that space in the middle is an , not a normal space) and Kagura's Game Name value is "Living with Sister: Monochrome Fantasy".
Will definitely be cool for any Steam people who haven't seen the forums here before who might be looking to hop into the DLC.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
HOL THE FUCK UP. There is a DLC? but is actually just more like a recent update adding some stuff
It is a legitimate DLC but for the purposes of a Fan TL which is just piracy anyway yeah it's effectively an update. A rather big one, though. Mods that just change visual assets will still replace the same stuff, but translations and anything else that touches the game code has to be rebuilt on the DLC version.

That said my TL version is out already and Shades is fairly well along on his. Just pray for Nick and his FFFox Mod cuz that's gonna be a hell of a time implementing.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Uhh, I'd appreciate if you could report what happens when you get to the Kuma Bear subjugation request. I'm sure you've seen in the script there's a whole event with the Acorn Brigade (or something similar) and it gets referenced in the follow up scenes, but in my current test the event itself never happened. I don't know if Inusuku hasn't actually implemented it yet or if somehow something is wrong with my game/save.
Almost forgot to tell you about this, but the event triggered no problem for me, the 3 weirdos/animal activists right?
Untitled.jpg

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Okay... open question for everyone :

How badly do we want save cross-compatibility with the Kagura/Steam version?
I might know how to do it, but theres a downside : lose previous translation save compatibility, so you would have to start from scratch or transfer in a Kagura/Steam save.

Ideal option would be a third party converter. Even I could try to make a quick and dirty one if I knew a bit more of the file format.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Almost forgot to tell you about this, but the event triggered no problem for me, the 3 weirdos/animal activists right?
View attachment 3755191
Oh super weird, I skipped to it as fast as I could on another save but still didn't trigger. Moved the save data to a raw JP version and... still no event? Maybe it's actually the save files and not the game itself that are doing something weird for me (I think my save data is all from technically an FFFox build, wonder if that somehow has some flag set that's breaking it).

Last edited:

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Oh super weird, I skipped to it as fast as I could on another save but still didn't trigger. Moved the save data to a raw JP version and... still no event? Maybe it's actually the save files and not the game itself that are doing something weird for me (I think my save data is all from technically an FFFox build, wonder if that somehow has some flag set that's breaking it).
Thankfully, I added a few hundred variables and threw mine at the very end of the list, so despite all of Inusuku's new variables, none of mine overlapped. The commonevents overlapped some, but coded my mod so that it always called by name, rather than number, so I could freely move the events further down the list to prevent mix ups.

4.70 star(s) 79 Votes