gaiar31

Oct 12, 2018
Okay... open question for everyone :

How badly do we want save cross-compatibility with the Kagura/Steam version?
I might know how to do it, but theres a downside : lose previous translation save compatibility, so you would have to start from scratch or transfer in a Kagura/Steam save.
Don't do it....

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Thankfully, I added a few hundred variables and threw mine at the very end of the list, so despite all of Inusuku's new variables, none of mine overlapped. The commonevents overlapped some, but coded my mod so that it always called by name, rather than number, so I could freely move the events further down the list to prevent mix ups.
Strange, no idea why I can't get the event to show up. I could understand my version being bugged somehow, but for it to not show up on the raw Japanese version I'm really not understanding. Guess I'll see what happens with this new save file eventually. Also, it's just that event; every other part of the story played out without issue.

Last edited:

Ivriktwo

Oct 14, 2021

I might know how to do it, but theres a downside : lose previous translation save compatibility, so you would have to start from scratch or transfer in a Kagura/Steam save.
Personally. i wouldn´t mind starting all over again. the game is that good

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

Burn the Kagura/Steam version and any trace of it, complete garbage compared to your version. If the people using that one want save compatibility then as far as I'm concerned they can wait the 6 months to 3 years for Kagura to get off their asses and do it themselves. I'm pretty sure the Kagura/Steam version sold as well as it did largely because of your efforts on the original translation building up hype for western markets. Don't underestimate your own version's popularity or over estimate the official version's, pretty sure most of us are here because of the work you did and not the work Kagura did.

cheeseburger

Jun 4, 2017

personally? i don't care that much because I bought a copy from DL-site and refuse to give a penny to company like Kagura. But sure, a cross-compatibility save could help. Doesnt matter much tho IMO because everyday ppl gonna still ask for SAVE in this thread XD.

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Thankfully, I added a few hundred variables and threw mine at the very end of the list, so despite all of Inusuku's new variables, none of mine overlapped. The commonevents overlapped some, but coded my mod so that it always called by name, rather than number, so I could freely move the events further down the list to prevent mix ups.
Oh hey, I found the problem that was making CommonEvent 448 have issues, and it is a save compatibility issue with old FFFox saves. It looks like this script has a jump command to skip the story event part that checks the value of local variable CSelf11. However, this script was used by FFFox Mod for some animation stuff and had set CSelf11 to a random number between 1-10. This must end up getting saved, and since it's higher than 0 (which is what the jump command checks for), the base game ends up skipping the event. Looks like it's meant to allow the kuma bear fight to happen without the event on repeat encounters (is that even a thing?) as it sets the variable to 1 for the next time if it evaluates to 0.

Since there is some overlap in possible variable values (CSelf11 could be 1 either from the FFFox Mod RNG or from having had the script run before) I decided for now to instead check the value of CSelf20, which in the version of FFFox Mod I'm looking at is set to 288, and if it finds a value that looks like the FFFox Mod number it zeros itself as well as CSelf11 before continuing with the normal check for the jump command. In testing this does indeed cause the event to actually play on my save files imported from an FFFox Mod version, hopefully without breaking anything else. I don't know if the jump behavior is actually needed anywhere but this way it should stay intact if it is?

Last edited:

keitaka

Feb 5, 2019
If someone want to know this : I have the steam version ( 1.45 with all the stuff (ffox etc)) , my save work with the 2.01 (dlc jap vers). Just have to wait peacefully for the trad , ffox etc..

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
And because claims without sources make me the king of Great Britain, here it is:

次回作についてはちらっとアナウンスしていました通り
「妹!せいかつ~アンコール~」(モノクロームリメイク)を
お送りする予定です!
So it'll be Imouto! Seikatsu ~Encore~ (Monochrome remake). Looking forward to it. Going back to Monochrome feels a bit light nowadays.

(Sister Explorer found dead in a ditch)

EDIT: In addition to this announcement, Inusuku will begin working on the EN and CN version, I imagine with Kagura and co. No date set. He's taking a break in July and has Ikea support troubles (a worldwide occurence, tbh).

Last edited:

tisbefake00

Feb 11, 2021
And because claims without sources make me the king of Great Britain, here it is:

So it'll be Imouto! Seikatsu ~Encore~ (Monochrome remake). Looking forward to it. Going back to Monochrome feels a bit light nowadays.

(Sister Explorer found dead in a ditch)

EDIT: In addition to this announcement, Inusuku will begin working on the EN and CN version, I imagine with Kagura and co. No date set. He's taking a break in July and has Ikea support troubles (a worldwide occurence, tbh).
Anyone want to predict release date/how much delays it will get? There should be cgs already and probably a rough outline of what it will contain. If the scope is around the same as Monochrome then it shouldn't take THAT long. I'll go with July-August next year, hope I'm wrong and it comes earlier hahahaha...

While I prefer Fantasy Imouto's looks, I like the simplicity of monochrome's gameplay. No more story and gameplay that barely involves imouto pls. Like seriously, the most Fantasy Imouto interacts with the fantasy setting is with great adventure which just cuts out the use of condoms and her getting sick.

Also Inusuku's faq in the ci-en does mention Yui's scene being offscreened or what but I'm not sure if their answer is that it is intended.

Reactions: Padav22 and torresm

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
View attachment 3757224
I feel scared when Sister is this horny...
Sorry for the title bug btw I'll make a fix for that as soon as I can (I'll just add a way to set the words to whatever you want).
Also Inusuku's faq in the ci-en does mention Yui's scene being offscreened or what but I'm not sure if their answer is that it is intended.
I don't know why he chose to not have it come up in the moment but Yui's scene is in the game, it's just tucked into the album.

Last edited:
Reactions: leastdevotee

Sazaju

Mar 18, 2018
i feel like Inusuku means he simply got tired of fantasy setting.
He said before that he wanted a break from fantasy...
He could continue with his sci-fi setting game (AI sister)
AI sister didn't went well.
It costs too much using the AI API, so not worth it.
Since we come closer to having them running locally, he might try it again in the future?

I swear to fucking god nobody reads.
That is all the power of having a FAQ page: keep it in favorite, when someone ask anything just copy paste the link without a care in the world. Once you are used to it, you don't think about it anymore, not worth the time (better invested in emptying balls in little sister).

ycbalabala

May 29, 2022
Awwww. I don't want to be horny anymore.

GamePro_2024_06_21_22_28_25_036.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the album scenes, I'm still missing Kana's last scene (which is the sunset scene, I wager) and Yukari's scenes 7 and 8 - no idea what they are, I've already got the wet dream.

And I didn't notice a single typo so far. Good job.

Last edited:

seifukulover

Jan 18, 2024
While I prefer Fantasy Imouto's looks, I like the simplicity of monochrome's gameplay. No more story and gameplay that barely involves imouto pls. Like seriously, the most Fantasy Imouto interacts with the fantasy setting is with great adventure which just cuts out the use of condoms and her getting sick.
Monochrome has a few things going for it compared to this one:
1. You can order items online and get them the next day, instead of having to wait for the weekend.
2. It tells you when imouto's safe days are.
3. No Lust meter to manage. Even though it adds realism/immersion so I'm glad Fantasy has it, but it does force you to spend resources on it, which you don't have to worry about in Monochrome.

And I absolutely adore the Monochrome imouto, even more than Fantasy...

4.70 star(s) 80 Votes