Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I promised a Status Update once I woke up, and never let it be said I am not a man of my word :

Translation Progress : 80%, Picture editing : 0%, Testing : 0%, Clean up : 0%

I think another 7 or so hours of the grind (maybe more, maybe less) and I can start testing the translation, which I suspect is going to take me much longer than in the past.
Still no word of a fix for the issues yet... which is problematic, but there isn't much I can do about that.

Now, I know the real question you all have : When? I can't give a definitive answer yet, as I do not know how long it's going to take me to test everything, and there's still the problem of the parts that cannot be translated until issues are dealt with.

So, that's that for now. once I hit testing phase, expect pics of things as I get to them.

Don Tebjos

Apr 17, 2022
I think another 7 or so hours of the grind (maybe more, maybe less) and I can start testing the translation, which I suspect is going to take me much longer than in the past.
If it can be of any help for the testing phase, i'm about to start new game ++ soon (already had a save of 1.3 giving 10 stars), 200 days IG makes me pretty used to the daily routine

Mczipper

Apr 7, 2020
I promised a Status Update once I woke up, and never let it be said I am not a man of my word :

Translation Progress : 80%, Picture editing : 0%, Testing : 0%, Clean up : 0%

Still no word of a fix for the issues yet... which is problematic, but there isn't much I can do about that.

Now, I know the real question you all have : When? I can't give a definitive answer yet, as I do not know how long it's going to take me to test everything, and there's still the problem of the parts that cannot be translated until issues are dealt with.

So, that's that for now. once I hit testing phase, expect pics of things as I get to them.
When you hit the testing phase you should just release it here so we can give feedback on places that are not right. No reason to do all the testing alone

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Status update : testing tomorrow, could have started earlier, but just feeling frustrated at the parts that will not translate (Title Questions, Intro, some generic dialogue, ability descriptions... bloody .mps files)

overall though, I have plenty to test, and the main point of testing this time around is to rewrite parts of the translation to be better (I've been making changes as I went anyway, but I need to see it in game and change it on the fly as needed)

later all, expect more info and pics on Translation Version ??? in about... 12 hours?

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Status update : testing tomorrow, could have started earlier, but just feeling frustrated at the parts that will not translate (Title Questions, Intro, some generic dialogue, ability descriptions... bloody .mps files)

overall though, I have plenty to test, and the main point of testing this time around is to rewrite parts of the translation to be better (I've been making changes as I went anyway, but I need to see it in game and change it on the fly as needed)

later all, expect more info and pics on Translation Version ??? in about... 12 hours?
Sounds like Translator++ is only changing the CommonEvents file. Worse comes to worse, I can use the Editor to add in your translations for everything else.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
May take you up on that.
which editor is that anyway?
Surgy did a translation of the newer 3.x engine of WolfRPG Editor (the game no longer loads with the older editors). The post is here on F95zone at:https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-editor-3-english.152325/.

It's a bit of a learning curve to use, but here's some tips: To find the starting text, etc, click 'view', 'map selection', then click on map '1', then double click any 'Ev' box to open the events on the map. The starting questions are in '00:ニューゲーム処理', the first event. With ctl+F you can find strings of text using the original JP text from Translator++ to locate text much faster to swap out (careful, doesn't search backwards, so start search at beginning).

Reactions: Mushybird and akapp

narafara

Jan 17, 2019
Surgy did a translation of the newer 3.x engine of WolfRPG Editor (the game no longer loads with the older editors). The post is here on F95zone at:https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-editor-3-english.152325/.

It's a bit of a learning curve to use, but here's some tips: To find the starting text, etc, click 'view', 'map selection', then click on map '1', then double click any 'Ev' box to open the events on the map. The starting questions are in '00:ニューゲーム処理', the first event. With ctl+F you can find strings of text using the original JP text from Translator++ to locate text much faster to swap out (careful, doesn't search backwards, so start search at beginning).
oh nice, thanks for sharing the tool, gonna need this for my personal translations

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes