Mar 14, 2020
Oh, Kagura made a Steam page for the game, but... "Coming soon"
And there is not even one screenshot with Imouto:FacePalm:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Oh, Kagura made a Steam page for the game, but... "Coming soon"
And there is not even one screenshot with Imouto:FacePalm:
yup. and not a lick of english dialogue either... I'm worried they are waiting for me to release a final version of the translation before yoinking it for themselves (with just enough edits to claim its their own).

I'm actually seriously considering hiding a couple of things away that would be overlooked just in case.

froggybob12

Jul 17, 2019
yup. and not a lick of english dialogue either... I'm worried they are waiting for me to release a final version of the translation before yoinking it for themselves (with just enough edits to claim its their own).

I'm actually seriously considering hiding a couple of things away that would be overlooked just in case.
It's being published by Kagura, who are known for localizing games. Don't worry, they aren't going to steal your scuffed MTL.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
It's being published by Kagura, who are known for localizing games. Don't worry, they aren't going to steal your scuffed MTL.
Yet more than once did they take fan translations without asking first.
From the top of my head, girl in the red slave collar aka crimson colosseum(doubt it? go check the fan translation thread in ulmf),
Sonia and the Hypnotic City (p much word by word Chronomium fan translation)
The Evilslayer Maiden aka Otome the Exorcist ( literally Ewn translation even with the exact same typos).
And before u say "they may have given kg the translations" i will just tell u i contacted the fan translators myself and they denied it.

If you really believe they dont steal fan translations then i can only :LOL:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017

Seems like a safe thing to do to be honest.

Reactions: namesareweird17

froggybob12

Jul 17, 2019
Yet more than once did they take fan translations without asking first.
From the top of my head, girl in the red slave collar aka crimson colosseum(doubt it? go check the fan translation thread in ulmf),
Sonia and the Hypnotic City (p much word by word Chronomium fan translation)
The Evilslayer Maiden aka Otome the Exorcist ( literally Ewn translation even with the exact same typos).

If you really believe they dont steal fan translations then i pity you.
Don't talk to me about stealing on a website that is essentially a bunch of pirated games.
Even if they do steal fan translations, I'd wager that they still have standards, and a full on MTL just ain't it, chief.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Don't talk to me about stealing on a website that is essentially a bunch of pirated games.
Even if they do steal fan translations, I'd wager that they still have standards, and a full on MTL just ain't it, chief.
Not all fan-translations are mtl, and Shadesishere has been working to do a manual full translation. There are parts that are mtl, but only so that everything is 'english' for those who can't wait for the final translation to come. And if you see the many hot fixes they throw out in just the first few days of release, you'll also know they don't release the most polished products, either. It's one thing for a rando to go spreading someone else's fan work around as their own or without credit, it's quite another for a legit company getting paid to translate to slap someone's work on a game and call it their own. Even if it's not every game, it still leaves quite the bitter taste for anyone who has taken the time to ever translate something, especially a passion project. While I enjoy that they push their games out for more English viewers to see and enjoy, and also add uncensored images to many of their games, not giving credit where it is due is not good business no matter what else they do.

You seem very misinformed. People who mod games typically have zero rights, and the idea that Shade is considering to add DRM to his pirated game with an MTL mod baked in is peak asinine.
We're not talking rights, but rather credit. Don't want to give credit to the translator, don't use their work and claim it as your own. Besides, Shadesishere is speaking about leaving obvious tell-tell clues about it being his translation and not a company's. I code in Wolf RPG, and I know you can't add a drm inside the engine itself.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
You seem very misinformed. People who mod games typically have zero rights, and the idea that Shade is considering to add DRM to his pirated game with an MTL mod baked in is peak asinine.

I recall seeying a conversation about how "legal" works in terms of translations/mods for games and someone who actually know about the subject did post a nice post explaining it here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/into-the...omizu-project-kagura-games.86435/post-9533645

Its a worthy read.

But tldr:
" a game translation for all accounts can be taken as an individual intellectual property and have the same rights as any other (except that to sell or obtain any type of profit it requires the original creator to consent) and no other person can actually profit in any way using said translation. "

^quote taken from that post.

froggybob12

Jul 17, 2019
Besides, Shadesishere is speaking about leaving obvious tell-tell clues about it being his translation and not a company's. I code in Wolf RPG, and I know you can't add a drm inside the engine itself.
Ah, I misunderstood that bit. SORRY SHADE I LIKE YOUR MOD BRO
I recall seeying a conversation about how "legal" works in terms of translations/mods for games and someone who actually know about the subject did post a nice post explaining it here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/into-the...omizu-project-kagura-games.86435/post-9533645

Its a worthy read.

But tldr:
" a game translation for all accounts can be taken as an individual intellectual property and have the same rights as any other (except that to sell or obtain any type of profit it requires the original creator to consent) and no other person can actually profit in any way using said translation. "

^quote taken from that post.
They really don't, though. All it takes is some lawyers to start sending out CNDs, and most mods would be taken down. A popular GTA 5 mod got shot down by Take Two recently.

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Ah, I misunderstood that bit.

They really don't, though. All it takes is some lawyers to start sending out CNDs, and most mods would be taken down. A popular GTA 5 mod got shot down by Take Two recently.
Some companies are very protective of their work, and especially tend to go after modders that alter the game in a major way, and as his mod was just for the PC version of GTA5, and that has a user agreement/TOS before you can install it... it's classified as a legally binding agreement to follow R* and Take-twos rules ( ), of which modding is on that list of rules...

Amusingly, their is no actual user agreement that you have to agree to in order to play Imouto Life...

So yeah... chances of say, myself having lawyers after me is extremely remote.

also, regarding... "game with an MTL mod baked in", I take some offense to that, as while MTL was used as an initial baseline all the way back to the original demo, almost every line had been checked and translated properly prior to release, some parts are still MTL, I will admit that, mostly due to me actually having to test everything in-game, and my major focus for earlier releases was "can the player play from start to finish and understand everything they will read?", but the sheer amount of time I have spent going over the translation, rewriting, editing and in some cases completely redoing scenes has eliminated 80%+ of any MTL (exceptions to this are areas that are still on my to-do list, which annoyingly includes pretty much every damned sexual scene)

anyway, I'll leave things at this point, as I do not want to go into full ranting mode, because 1, you don't deserve that, and 2, my own frustration of being completely burned out by translating this game pretty much ruined any chance of me actually being able to enjoy playing it myself is definitely affecting me at this point.

Markuno

May 28, 2023
Some companies are very protective of their work, and especially tend to go after modders that alter the game in a major way, and as his mod was just for the PC version of GTA5, and that has a user agreement/TOS before you can install it... it's classified as a legally binding agreement to follow R* and Take-twos rules ( ), of which modding is on that list of rules...

Amusingly, their is no actual user agreement that you have to agree to in order to play Imouto Life...

So yeah... chances of say, myself having lawyers after me is extremely remote.

also, regarding... "game with an MTL mod baked in", I take some offense to that, as while MTL was used as an initial baseline all the way back to the original demo, almost every line had been checked and translated properly prior to release, some parts are still MTL, I will admit that, mostly due to me actually having to test everything in-game, and my major focus for earlier releases was "can the player play from start to finish and understand everything they will read?", but the sheer amount of time I have spent going over the translation, rewriting, editing and in some cases completely redoing scenes has eliminated 80%+ of any MTL (exceptions to this are areas that are still on my to-do list, which annoyingly includes pretty much every damned sexual scene)

anyway, I'll leave things at this point, as I do not want to go into full ranting mode, because 1, you don't deserve that, and 2, my own frustration of being completely burned out by translating this game pretty much ruined any chance of me actually being able to enjoy playing it myself is definitely affecting me at this point.
I thought the same when someone was telling Daseson that he could get into legal trouble with Inusuku by modifying his game by adding the color images.

Actually in this game there is nothing like that as you mention and if Inusuku is bothered by these things, the only thing he could do in the first instance is to ask that the copies or modifications be deleted.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I thought the same when someone was telling Daseson that he could get into legal trouble with Inusuku by modifying his game by adding the color images.

Actually in this game there is nothing like that as you mention and if Inusuku is bothered by these things, the only thing he could do in the first instance is to ask that the copies or modifications be deleted.
yeah, And I will say this, if Inusuku asked for the translation to be removed, I would agree, not out of fear of legal trouble, but out of actual respect for them.

Imouto Life, both Monochrome and Fantasy are brilliant pieces of work, I remember first loading up Monochrome and just relaxing to the music and mindlessly playing it... it has a charm that frankly is lacking in a lot of the games available on this site, I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes these games special... is it the uniqueness of being monochromatic? the atmosphere? either way, I remember when Fantasy was first announced and the initial excitement that I had, as well as the realisation that it would be a fairly long time for a translation to happen... it's what put me on the path to working on this translation in the first place.

an open confession : I prefer Monochrome over Fantasy, mostly due to the relaxed nature of the game, don't mistake me, Fantasy is an improvement, but the combat system and storyline adds a level of tension from the "I need to do X before Y so I don't lose the game" that detracts from Monochrome's original charm.

(and yes, I'm probably going to translate the monochrome remake when it becomes available, Because dang it, once I start something, I see it through... and apparently that something is translating Inusuku's games now)

Don Tebjos

Apr 17, 2022
All I see is no one replaced inusuku's name by his own. If this company does, it is reprehensible (and i mean it in a moral / ethic way)
People who give time and passion to spread this game outside japan deserve credit, period

Now for the "money part", internet and immaterial content piracy have been two sides of a same coin since the begining.
I'm not sure this is the place to make marketing studies or theorize about how free sharing can, in the end, bring more fame, regognition (and in the end $$$), from what I've seen it depends on the project.

Still, without this thread and the work involved from many, I wouldn't even know about this game.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Now for the "money part", internet and immaterial content piracy have been two sides of a same coin since the begining.
I'm not sure this is the place to make marketing studies or theorize about how free sharing can, in the end, bring more fame, regognition (and in the end $$$), from what I've seen it depends on the project.
That's true. I, for one, would never have heard of this game and Monochrome if not for these forums, and then I ended up buying both on dlsite.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
yeah, And I will say this, if Inusuku asked for the translation to be removed, I would agree, not out of fear of legal trouble, but out of actual respect for them.

Imouto Life, both Monochrome and Fantasy are brilliant pieces of work, I remember first loading up Monochrome and just relaxing to the music and mindlessly playing it... it has a charm that frankly is lacking in a lot of the games available on this site, I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes these games special... is it the uniqueness of being monochromatic? the atmosphere? either way, I remember when Fantasy was first announced and the initial excitement that I had, as well as the realisation that it would be a fairly long time for a translation to happen... it's what put me on the path to working on this translation in the first place.

an open confession : I prefer Monochrome over Fantasy, mostly due to the relaxed nature of the game, don't mistake me, Fantasy is an improvement, but the combat system and storyline adds a level of tension from the "I need to do X before Y so I don't lose the game" that detracts from Monochrome's original charm.

(and yes, I'm probably going to translate the monochrome remake when it becomes available, Because dang it, once I start something, I see it through... and apparently that something is translating Inusuku's games now)
I share your opinion, I would love it if I were given the opportunity to color the monochrome remake, once you enter and you become attached to it, the desire to continue never ends >:3

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes