Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Where is the last code for the safe
There are four spots in the house that contain the codes opening the safe: Front Porch, above the doors, Abuela's balcony, Devon's balcony, and on the roof where the tripod was.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
im stuck with "prepare to swap pills" i found everything needed combined the soap with corn starch what do i need to do next?
Hi guys, one question, it is about the mission "prepare to swap pills", I got everything, but what now? I try to click on the door, even using one by one of the things it asked for: plate, corn starch and the scoopula... but no idea what to do next, just in case I already made a copy for the anna´s room.... thanks in advance.
Nevermind I was stuck cuz I forgot that there is no key to den´s room you have to use your lockpick XD
So, what's the next step?

My inventory has Cornstarch, plate, and scoopula.

When I click on the den it says "That's where Devon works. She'd kill me if I went in there"
"(Besides it locked and I don't have a key)" even though I've successfully lockpicked that room before, or I wouldn't have gotten this god damned quest in the first place!

I am assuming it's related to the fact my current in game time is 3:15 pm and thus Devon is in her office and I cannot pick the lock to her office and swap pills while she's there, but I have no god damned way to advance the clock that's obvious enough that I have done so.

What the actual fuck am I supposed to do?!?!?

FUCK!

Okay, actually READ the post I was quoting.

In particular, read "I was stuck cuz I forgot there is no key to den't room you have to use your lockpick"

God Fucking Damn it Valagost this should not be this fucking difficult!!!! Why the fuck didn't clicking on the door lead me to using the lockpicks again?!?

Now I need to to swim but I don't know where my new fucking swimsuit is found. Again, this should not be this fucking difficult and I cannot put all the blame on the fact I haven't played this game in 3-6 months.

Never make the player remember/write down things. The game character that is there avatar should remember all the things that the player may have forgotten because they haven't opened the god damned game because they got stuck, saved and quit that version.

"You new suit will be on your dresser drawers in you bedroom to the right of your bed."

AGAIN, WHY THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW TO DO THAT?!?!?!?!

My previous save to this save is from 03/20/2023. I was already suck on the ""prepare to swap pills" quest, so if something told me that I should click on my dresser drawers to get my new swimsuit, I've forgtten that in the last 3 god damned months!

Players should not need to search the F95 game thread to figure out the next Fucking Step! Your in game help / missions / any fucking thing should have led me to the answer.

Next, of course, is "Go to bed" where the "hint" is 'You should do some reading before bed', again. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?! What should I be reading, and where should I be reading it? I have to click on "The Dragon Queeen" and then the bed in order to progress??!

Nothing in the game tells me this, I'm just flailing around until something fucking works!

This should not , in any way, be this fucking obtuse.

Last edited:

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
So, what's the next step?

My inventory has Cornstarch, plate, and scoopula.

When I click on the den it says "That's where Devon works. She'd kill me if I went in there"
"(Besides it locked and I don't have a key)" even though I've successfully lockpicked that room before, or I wouldn't have gotten this god damned quest in the first place!

I am assuming it's related to the fact my current in game time is 3:15 pm and thus Devon is in her office and I cannot pick the lock to her office and swap pills while she's there, but I have no god damned way to advance the clock that's obvious enough that I have done so.

What the actual fuck am I supposed to do?!?!?

FUCK!

Okay, actually READ the post I was quoting.

In particular, read "I was stuck cuz I forgot there is no key to den't room you have to use your lockpick"

God Fucking Damn it Valagost this should not be this fucking difficult!!!! Why the fuck didn't clicking on the door lead me to using the lockpicks again?!?

Now I need to to swim but I don't know where my new fucking swimsuit is found. Again, this should not be this fucking difficult and I cannot put all the blame on the fact I haven't played this game in 3-6 months.

Never make the player remember/write down things. The game character that is there avatar should remember all the things that the player may have forgotten because they haven't opened the god damned game because they got stuck, saved and quit that version.

"You new suit will be on your dresser drawers in you bedroom to the right of your bed."

AGAIN, WHY THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW TO DO THAT?!?!?!?!

My previous save to this save is from 03/20/2023. I was already suck on the ""prepare to swap pills" quest, so if something told me that I should click on my dresser drawers to get my new swimsuit, I've forgtten that in the last 3 god damned months!

Players should not need to search the F95 game thread to figure out the next Fucking Step! Your in game help / missions / any fucking thing should have led me to the answer.

Next, of course, is "Go to bed" where the "hint" is 'You should do some reading before bed', again. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?! What should I be reading, and where should I be reading it? I have to click on "The Dragon Queeen" and then the bed in order to progress??!

Nothing in the game tells me this, I'm just flailing around until something fucking works!

This should not, in any way, be this fucking obtuse.
1. There is no "game time" we don't make you wait until a certain time of day to do things.
2. The extended help text, in most cases, should tell you exactly what to do.

The help text in-game for all your examples:
A. Swap The Pills: You'll need to pick the lock again and take the pills from the drawer. You'll use them to create the placebo.
B. Go Swimming: You need to get the swimsuit your step-grandma bought you. It should be on the dresser in your bedroom.
C. Go to Bed: Use your gold school book "The Dragon Queen" on your bed.

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
The old remote does NOT give me a battery. Because of that I am stuck and can't progress any further.
Did you get the others, in the grill and from the game controller in the MC's desk?
Yes I did
So I started a new game on easy mode to get back to where I was and only did things when the guide told me to in order to avoid any wierd behavior and this time I got the batteries from the remote and the game controller. But when I use the screwdriver on the grill nothing happens.
Here are 2 save files :
Save 1 is before talking to Maria
Save 3 is after talking to her and trying to collect the batteries

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
So I started a new game on easy mode to get back to where I was and only did things when the guide told me to in order to avoid any wierd behavior and this time I got the batteries from the remote and the game controller. But when I use the screwdriver on the grill nothing happens.
Here are 2 save files :
Save 1 is before talking to Maria
Save 3 is after talking to her and trying to collect the batteries
Did you use the screwdriver on the knob of the grill? There are 2 hotspots there. The hotspot on the actual grill space is used for a later mission. If that is the problem, we're sorry about the confusion, we'll fix the help text to make it more clear.

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
Did you use the screwdriver on the knob of the grill? There are 2 hotspots there. The hotspot on the actual grill space is used for a later mission. If that is the problem, we're sorry about the confusion, we'll fix the help text to make it more clear.
I used it on the grill, I didn't notice the hotspot on the knob. Thx for the reply. I can finally continue

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
Valagost This trebleshooting made me think of a QoL improvement.
Make a hotkey that highlights all hotspots : navigation, interactible objects, characters, etc...
If it's to much of a pain to empliment in the current game just keep the idea in mind for future games.

Reactions: Valagost

blackagony2

Jan 28, 2018
hy in the misión "safe craker" i dont find the : "code book to convert the hexidecimal to decimal" where i can find it ? thank for your help

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
hy in the misión "safe craker" i dont find the : "code book to convert the hexidecimal to decimal" where i can find it ? thank for your help
You should already have it in your inventory. It's a blue book called "Coding for...", you would have found it in the bean bag chair in the basement and used it in the coding game earlier.

Reactions: blackagony2

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Valagost This trebleshooting made me think of a QoL improvement.
Make a hotkey that highlights all hotspots : navigation, interactible objects, characters, etc...
If it's to much of a pain to empliment in the current game just keep the idea in mind for future games.
This feature will be added to the next release.

Reactions: lancekro
3.20 star(s) 30 Votes