Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Has there been any new updates since this one in 2021?
Yes a build from May. Its only available on the launcher. you can find the launcher download on or

Staning

Oct 14, 2021

New Trello link, we’ll get it updated on the OP soon. Let me know what you’d want to see added to it.

Thanks John.Terminus for given me the kick in the ass.

Sep 7, 2020
Here's to hoping that this game won't be abandoned and would break the decades long cycle LoK is known for.

LoK is as the same as the Enclave considering how they got wiped out, reborn, then wiped out again.

Reactions: Staning

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Here's to hoping that this game won't be abandoned and would break the decades long cycle LoK is known for.

LoK is as the same as the Enclave considering how they got wiped out, reborn, then wiped out again.
This is the biggest problem you run into with this. That people still believe that this is a Legend of Krystal.... Do not fool yourselves. It is not Krystal. It is not a Legend of Krystal. Any resemblance to them is done with the sole intention of having caught a patreon with money flowing.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Public Patreon post for July 12th 2022

Happy Tuesday! Hopefully the month of July has greeted you with good times and full bellies. I’d like to start by apologizing for our absence throughout the month of June. The team has been hard at work getting this update ready for release and your patience has been greatly appreciated.

With update 0.1.4.0 right around the corner, here’s what you can expect to see in the coming weeks.

Additions
Added Kay Footjob CGI scene
Added in-game Tutorial after waking up in Kay’s room (with the option to skip)
Added Character - Federation Engineer Cassandra Eloskin
Added Character - Federation Pilot Chief Master Sergeant Sam Erin
Added Character - Federation Pilot Lieutenant Aida Maeve
Added Character - Federation Commander Amara Lyan
Added a new outfit for each new character (except for Maeve)
Added Maeve’s Bedroom area
Added The Briefing Room area
Added The Elevator Interior area and exterior in corridors
Added 'H' hotkey to hide the dialogue box in all dialogue scenes

Fixes and Modifications
Fixed tanning minigame not scaling with selected difficulty
Changed cursor color to a more noticeable yellow color (may create a setting to select your own in future)
Updated CGI scenes to both start and end in a loop
Fixed alerts not working in the terminals
Fixed barks not working

Praetorians! You will be seeing the test build posted later today. Let us know what you think and do your darndest to break this build. The remainder of the Blood Bounds, Aldrukai, and Praetorians should have the build in your launchers next Monday, July 18th.

Now I’d like to take a moment to look towards the future. We plan on completing the Absolution in the following 0.1.5.0 build. As such we have begun setting our eyes forward to the Village. And that’s where you come in!

All Pilots+ will see a poll hit their inboxes on Friday, July 15th. There you can help choose which lovely lizards will be getting our focus to begin your journey through the Village. Will you be picking up sticks? Cleaning a pot? Something old, something new , you choose.

Finally, at the end of 2021 we transitioned from Trello to Jira. While the move to Jira has been hugely beneficial to the workflow of the team, we lost our connection to the community. It’s finally time to bring that back.

We hope this gives you an insight into the work being completed on a week to week basis. Let us know what you think. How can we improve it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the continued support and feedback. Until next time. Peace and Stay Strong.

Last edited:

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
This is the biggest problem you run into with this. That people still believe that this is a Legend of Krystal.... Do not fool yourselves. It is not Krystal. It is not a Legend of Krystal.
You may or may not be right on this. Is it Krystal? No. That does not mean it can't be a Legend of Krystal game. If the core concepts match the primary game, then the spinoff not featuring the main cast could still be considered part of the same genre, for that matter.
The first Lok was about a space vixen, got flying lizards stuck to her craft and got a forced blowjob. The whole lot of it is wondering around the sharp claw village finding sex scenes. Not much to it really.
Now, the LoK: Rebirth hopefuly aims for that core concept, with more story elements added to it. You should still be able to go for a walk and fuck, but you'll get more.

I'm sorry if you don't like off brand root beer. Some people prefer Mug. Others like Barq's. Still others, like A&W. You obviously don't like this root beer, and I suppose you don't like the fact that their first batches of root beer is now stale and flat in abandonment. Maybe if you made root beer, you'd appreciate how much work it is.

Reactions: J55555

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
The problem is, initially, it was going to be the same game. That was said here by the authors who are now sneaking around here.

The excuse that if it's a spin-off is just an excuse. They have only made similar because they were taking a patreon from a Legend of Krystal, and now they have seen that they can get much more money publishing the game on Steam, so it can no longer be a Legend of Krystal because it would be cannon fodder to get into trouble.

I don't know if you were around back then, but the theme in the beginning was called "Legend of Krystal Rebirth Remake". Now it's called LOK RE (funny that it has its acronym) with a character named Kay.

As I say, any resemblance to the previous game is an excuse to have money from minute one. That's called lying, and on top of that they have dared to try to give lessons to those of us who criticize this.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Are we gonna go over the same discussion from like 4 months ago? Yes, Vlad did a poor job of representing Lok:Re. And I do my best to avoid those mistakes. Sometimes successfully, other times not.

In all honesty, if the game doesn’t work for someone as a “Krystal” game then I can absolutely understand why. But that doesn’t then make it a lie if someone sees the project as a “Krystal” game.

Which is why I present the game in the state it’s in. And I’ll let y’all decide from there.

And I hope people who don’t like the game don’t make the mistake of paying for a bad experience.

And people who do like the game have the knowledge of where the game is, and what is happening.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Are we gonna go over the same discussion from like 4 months ago? Yes, Vlad did a poor job of representing Lok:Re. And I do my best to avoid those mistakes. Sometimes successfully, other times not.

In all honesty, if the game doesn’t work for someone as a “Krystal” game then I can absolutely understand why. But that doesn’t then make it a lie if someone sees the project as a “Krystal” game.

Which is why I present the game in the state it’s in. And I’ll let y’all decide from there.

And I hope people who don’t like the game don’t make the mistake of paying for a bad experience.

And people who do like the game have the knowledge of where the game is, and what is happening.
Remember what i told you after your first post? It is hard with us, and i feel your frustration. Well i cant say us anymore really i guess, i simply dont care that much anymore. Be it the state of progression or the (im sorry) circle jerk of frustration that it left. My personal advice, do what you wanted to do - inform. And try to ignore things that come (rightfully in my opinion) allways up that you went up and above to agree, disagree or explain. You do a good job stanning, but you have the target on your shirt ;)

The first Lok was about a space vixen
Sorry to correct you, it was about THE space vixen. I stay with my Coca Cola, you can have your Pepsi ^^

Reactions: chopolander

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Sorry to correct you, it was about THE space vixen. I stay with my Coca Cola, you can have your Pepsi ^^
If I mentioned it was about THE space vixen, I probably would have gotten back lash, just because she's on a pedestal. I needed to dumb it down, I hope you understand ;)

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
I appreciate the leap in logic. Things have been open and honest for a long time.
You can call it a leap in logic, but I gave this project the benefit of the doubt for probably over a year if not more by financially supporting before and after it's rebrand. The updates were basically nothing in terms of content after the rebrand. I get it since I'm a developer, sometimes you have to start from the ground up if a project isn't designed well. But the lack of communication and content after two years was the problem. At least in software dev, you generally support something that you want to replace until you have something that's functional enough. I'll go look at the website right now and look at the dev log, just the dates.

You get relatively weekly updates, until November of 2021 then 4 months of no dev updates on their own website. Then you have relatvely weekly updates for a couple months, then nothing again for 2 months, and now it's been a over a month since the last post.

Now I'll go look at the patreon. Roughly a month between each update. Some of them are art assets which is cool. But jesus, half of these posts seem like repeats. I see art assets for some footjob scene back in September of 2021, and now it's animated in June of 2022. Why did it take roughly 9 months to animate the footjob scene?

This raises so many questions and that creates problems. Why is taking so long for actual content/gameplay? Why are half the posts titled weekly update, when they're anything but weekly? Why are the website updates not consistent with patreon? Why did the trello board just stop functioning? Why are you telling us that you started using Jira at the end of 2021 and now it's fucking July of 2022? What the hell is my money actually going to? And now you have a mentality of people feeling cheated. If it is just a leap in logic, it's a leap to the next stepping stone.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
If you like something you put passion into it, but here the only passion is to suck money.

This project has no future. When the day comes, don't be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: blah0526

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
You can call it a leap in logic, but I gave this project the benefit of the doubt for probably over a year if not more by financially supporting before and after it's rebrand.
There’s a lot to unpack. So I’ll be editing my response in a few hours. But I wanted to just say this first off. The leap in logic wasn’t an insult at you. I found the jump from waxing poetic about the benefits of Jira, to blasting the credibility of a dev team to be a leap. But now I understand. Thank you. Be back soon. Peace
**Edit**
Sorry it'll be a fresh post so I can insert quotes.

Last edited:

Tankbobx

Apr 11, 2022
Question is there a way to go past 199 in respect?

edit: nevermind, I was playing a outdated version

Last edited:

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
but I gave this project the benefit of the doubt for probably over a year if not more by financially supporting before and after it's rebrand. The updates were basically nothing in terms of content after the rebrand. I get it since I'm a developer, sometimes you have to start from the ground up if a project isn't designed well. But the lack of communication and content after two years was the problem.
I 100% agree. The numbers prove many people share the exact same sentiment. And that’s a problem that I’m invested into correcting. But there is no magic bullet. It takes time, predictability, consistency, and honesty. And I hope you check in from time to time and let me know if I’m following my own expectations.

You get relatively weekly updates, until November of 2021 then 4 months of no dev updates on their own website. Then you have relatvely weekly updates for a couple months, then nothing again for 2 months, and now it's been a over a month since the last post.
The Patrons of the project raked the team over the coals for it. If you look at the patron numbers, the game is down nearly 300 people. They sent a message and the message was received. The last 2 months have been an abject failure. And I plan on following what I stated above.

I see art assets for some footjob scene back in September of 2021, and now it's animated in June of 2022. Why did it take roughly 9 months to animate the footjob scene?
It was pushed back and pushed aside for other CG’s and animations.

Why are half the posts titled weekly update, when they're anything but weekly? Why are the website updates not consistent with patreon?
Unfortunately this is another complex problem that stems to a simple answer. The weekly update posts were not a priority. Vlad, Kuja, and Pikant were writing the posts. And as time went on and work was piling up. The inconsistency got worse and worse. And again, the patrons were loud and clear with their displeasure.

Why did the trello board just stop functioning? Why are you telling us that you started using Jira at the end of 2021 and now it's fucking July of 2022?
It wasn’t an issue of the Trello, it was the Trello bot. It just stopped posting when cards were updated. I’m not nearly smart enough to say why. So between that and the tools Jira provides. It was a clear upgrade.

John.Terminus brought up a great point about the Trello and it came with the realization that it was never publicly addressed. It’s an oversight I missed. So I corrected it as soon as I could.

Why is taking so long for actual content/gameplay?
Honestly I think it’s down to the sex scenes being only available in the memories. They don’t feel “apart” of the game. You don’t earn them. And it just feels hollow. When the dialogue catches up with the rest of the game. I believe a lot of this sentiment will go away.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes