Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
It has been talked about. And so far through 2022 it has been followed. Updates every 2 months of the progress that has been made. The patreon has a roadmap and the same one will be added to the OP soon.
Well, I hope they can get that public. People don't like to invest a lot if they don't know what's coming.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
Well, I hope they can get that public. People don't like to invest a lot if they don't know what's coming.
Is there anywheres else info should be posted?

Between the Discord, Here, and Kemono. I thought that covered the bases for someone to learn about the project before choosing to contribute.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
That's the problem: There's nothing interesting to talk about, nor has there been for months at this point. Sure, they do art streams every once in awhile, but once again, Krystal isn't getting fucked yet. That's the one thing people keep waiting on and they keep beating around the bush on the subject.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
-ow damnit my back-
art is cool and all, though I'm also interested in the code. As in, getting all the background pieces in place that makes a game go vrooom! Have not heard much from what's under the hood, so too speak. I assume it's harder to er...show the progress of code than it is to understand the progress of a drawn arm.

Edit; I thought Arimouse handled the direction somewhat.

Last edited:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
That's the problem: There's nothing interesting to talk about, nor has there been for months at this point. Sure, they do art streams every once in awhile, but once again, Krystal isn't getting fucked yet. That's the one thing people keep waiting on and they keep beating around the bush on the subject.
It's not just that either.
I often inquire (outside of the discord to be fair) about how far they are with different storylines and character (side/path) stories and never get a satisfying answer.

I remember Cenvir, Vanlen, Kantir, Nemiri - they all had individual quests and stuff to do for you, you had a bunch of interactions with them (even outside of h-scenes), there is so much that can be done that is not sex. Dialogue, being compelled to do certain things that corrupt her morals, or talk to people a certain way, outfit changes, things happening between characters. There is no sense of what is happening on that end.

Rather than seeing 20 independent background scenes, art pieces, character models, and cgs where the statement is "piece is being worked on / finished and it will be able to be in the game soon" but not having the (story/gameplay) skeleton around it, so even if it "can" be implemented it won't be in yet because that's not where you are at with the story right now (or this is how it comes across), doesn't feel good.

The Trello shows them working on various outfits and character portraits from different angles, a few backgrounds, some Vanlen scenes. I still got little idea how much is implemented though beyond the scenes that are clearly stated as finished. If they had a "current state" section on their website, updated these with some new pics every once in a while and with a detailed desription of where which character path is and where in the main story they are generally, which areas can be accessed at, etc. That would give me some idea.

I mean, maybe Im missing something. I don't check in on this thread all that frequently. And frankly I also don't have the time to install with every new update and play through it to find out what's new. Not every time at least.

Honestly, there is a reason why most video games' advertising budget is 2 or 3 times as high as the development cost. It's because advertising is a BIG part of what makes your game popular, stay in the minds of your potential customers and buy into your project. It's why Early Access titles update so frequently (well, those who do it right at least).

Reactions: D4n0w4r and Staning

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
FYI, They stopped using trello because it kept breaking. They use something called Jira now. It would be nice if the devs posted links to this! Because I can't find it. Their website still has the trello link, and so does their discord.
Wow, good to know. Thanks a lot.

See? This is why 80% of the people here think the project is dead or they are just lazing around and miliking it. If community members have to do the advertising for them by posting update pics on relevant sites, and their own WEBSITE - not even talking about pages like this here - still has old links to resources that aren't used anymore... idk. It just all comes across as half-assed. If I have to conduct an internet search twice as time-consuming as Id need for a research paper, then I just end up asking myself if its even worth looking into.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Wow, good to know. Thanks a lot.

See? This is why 80% of the people here think the project is dead or they are just lazing around and miliking it. If community members have to do the advertising for them by posting update pics on relevant sites, and their own WEBSITE - not even talking about pages like this here - still has old links to resources that aren't used anymore... idk. It just all comes across as half-assed. If I have to conduct an internet search twice as time-consuming as Id need for a research paper, then I just end up asking myself if its even worth looking into.
I wonder what was wrong with Trello anyway. I use that site to archive my spritework and it hasn't given me any issues yet.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I wonder what was wrong with Trello anyway. I use that site to archive my spritework and it hasn't given me any issues yet.
As I understand, and some guessing, the Trello was not updating on their discord. The last Trello update on there was somewhere on December - of last year.

Now, what I don't understand is why "replace" Trello, if you're not going to fix the problem - being, Jira may as well be broken too if not going to switch out the Trello links for Jira.

If they are using Jira for internal management, that is fine. But I assume Trello could have done the same thing, if not for it buggering out on Discord.

Reactions: Ion.TemUS

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
It all comes down again to accessibility of information. There are many games in the past that sold basically solely on marketing. Showing good pictures, posting regular updates. Hell, Youtube is absolutely broken and disfunctional, but even their algorithm in part relies in engagement. As in how active a channel is, how much it posts, how substantial the posts are (length), etc.

Regular updates, as in changelogs, pictures (more for patrons, less but still SOME for the public), good explanations in where which storyline/path is progressed to. As well as maybe updated saves that start from the last version. All these things are crucial. I see nothing here. The blog on the website updates once every 1-2 months. I know there are new versions released, but its very hard to find out what exactly changed since the last version unless you have the game launcher installed on your PC continously or you're constatnly looking or asking for updates in the discord.

Another reason I tend to avoid the discord is that this is the place where you find the most loyal (and fanatic) followers, that defend every decision of the developers even if they are questionable and highlight things in a way more positive light. I don't actively avoid positive content regarding games like this one, if they are true. But from past experience I can say that often enough information gets blown out of proportion and you end up thinking the game makes substantial progress before installing and realizing it really didn't. I am also not in the mood to have long discussions with people that are invested in the game (emotionally or financially) and therefore don't want to see legitimate criticism coming from the outside. This keeps me from joining discords such as this one. Maybe Im wrong in this case, idk, I never was on their discord. Either way, if you want your game to have exposure, you need to put in the effort to advertise for it. The very LEAST you should be doing is keeping your links up to date. And they definitely did not do that in the case of the trello for example, that is still linked in the FAQs of the personal website of the game.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Another reason I tend to avoid the discord is that this is the place where you find the most loyal (and fanatic) followers, that defend every decision of the developers even if they are questionable and highlight things in a way more positive light. I don't actively avoid positive content regarding games like this one, if they are true. But from past experience I can say that often enough information gets blown out of proportion and you end up thinking the game makes substantial progress before installing and realizing it really didn't. I am also not in the mood to have long discussions with people that are invested in the game (emotionally or financially) and therefore don't want to see legitimate criticism coming from the outside. This keeps me from joining discords such as this one. Maybe Im wrong in this case, idk, I never was on their discord. Either way, if you want your game to have exposure, you need to put in the effort to advertise for it. The very LEAST you should be doing is keeping your links up to date. And they definitely did not do that in the case of the trello for example, that is still linked in the FAQs of the personal website of the game.
Don't get me wrong, I have joined their discord, but not to engage in the community. I like the premise of the game (it's a LoK game without being Legend of Krystal, sort of) and that alone grabs peoples attention. I just want to know the news of the game, And I probably could have gotten that from the website, (If, or when they update,) but at the same time, discord has more discussions of the game, planning, spoilers, concept arts, that you can't really find elsewhere.

Yes, the views are biased there. There's not much I can do about that. But the information is a treasure trove.

Reactions: Stripes001

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
FYI, They stopped using trello because it kept breaking. They use something called Jira now. It would be nice if the devs posted links to this! Because I can't find it. Their website still has the trello link, and so does their discord.
Not sure if this is useful information or not, but I use Jira specifically for software development. It has a lot of useful features and tools and all that. Trello is nice but Jira can be more in-depth, but I also think it's a paid service? Or at least I was under the impression it was, and you don't have to make Jira information present. You can make custom ticket types and all that as well with their own fields. I.E. this ticket is an ART ticket with a naming convention of ART-1301 for example. It's a way to track tickets and progress and to link issues together. My guess though with these devs that they're using it as an excuse to obscure information, because they don't seem like honest people.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
My guess though with these devs that they're using it as an excuse to obscure information, because they don't seem like honest people.
I appreciate the leap in logic. Things have been open and honest for a long time.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I appreciate the leap in logic. Things have been open and honest for a long time.
Oh, yes. Like how many times they cried to moderation to remove comments about development they didn't like.

Honesty they think they have, of course. :LOL:

Last edited:

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Oh, yes. Like how many times they cried to moderation to remove comments about development they didn't like.

Honesty they think they have, of course. :LOL:
I think what he meant is the time hes here Chopo, and with that he has not been wrong - as you are right about the times before him

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes