Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Yes, I WAS a patreon and stop it because I lost all hope... This demo is much worst than original first release, after 3 years this is not a "remake", is like a 2016 first alpha bootleg!
well who knows in the future.
But at this point donating is like throwing a 20 sided die.
Landing on 20, the game will progress well, anything else is a dud.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Do you want me to read that post about forum rules on the LoK forums or are you going to tell us how this is an indication of when LoK:Rebirth started?
No, I refered to general desire to finish any LoK game since (at least) 2014 year.
There was that flash game, that was nearly finished. And modded versions of it.
And still no finished decent game so far.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
No, I refered to general desire to finish any LoK game since (at least) 2014 year.
Pretty sure the person you quoted was referring to the time Rebirth and now this Remake have been in development. Those other LoK games are not relevant to this one anyway.

Reiber

Jul 2, 2017
after reading the novel of answers too this thread from the devs, i´m hopefull, and there is certainly potential for an better game than the original here, sadly i´m part of the people that preferred the old look of krystal (her face looks slimmer and less smooth) but hey, if the customisaton increases i´m fully up for it, you cant have all, and who knows ,should this game get finished i´m sure there will be mods following, perhaps with something more too my tastes.

Mar 28, 2017
To the dev's, If you ever finish this game look for a payment from the profile Nikolas Ambross. I'll even watch this thread for the day I have to eat my words.

Mar 28, 2017
Anyway, from what's here the artstyle isn't too bad. Little iffy on the double dick snake people but that's my personal problem.

I lurked TLoKForums for a long time waiting for another one of these games so I HOPE it pans out. I just don't like seeing developers leaving projects in the dust, but I also don't like Developers drawing out production of a project for so long that it makes it impossible to see the finish line.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
View attachment 778996

Something isn't adding up here. Especially since I was only brought on to the old v0.8 in like, mid-late 2017 as the writer.

Before you accuse us of more random shit, like we some how are spending all of the millions of patron bux on resurrecting Adolf Satan Hitler, and we eat children, you could at least **check** on how easily refutable your nonsense is. You people are so determined with your hate boner to see this project fail, that you're actively making shit up just to discredit us.

If you aren't interested in the game, go away. If seeing us make this game fills you with such seething anger and rage that you must lie, just stop looking at it. Seriously. It's healthier.
If you bothered actually reading the follow-up to my post you'd realize I was already corrected and I acknowledged that I had been misinformed. Also, I haven't accused your team of anything at all, all I've done is state observations about the development of the game, none of which are subjective or false information aside from me being mistaken by a year because of Kuja's own misinformation. Though I'm not sure how wasting 4 years is somehow notably better than wasting 5.

If you can't accept valid negative criticism then don't bother opening the floor for exactly that, because all you ever seem to do is throw a tantrum about it while vastly exaggerating the game's potential and the dev team's capabilities like you're trying to 1-up Dondi from The Isle.

And I want the game to succeed in spite of the dev team's apparent conviction to ensure it doesn't, because seeing a promising project get completely fucked by its creators through inexperience, lack of foresight, over-reaching, or just plain bad decisions is just depressing since it's so common with crowdfunded projects and I hate seeing people's money vanish into a blackhole of incompetence or even worse intentional failure to milk the project (I wholeheartedly hope LOKR falls under the former and not the latter).

I did know that. But I think it's different.
Why are you trying to force your incorrect perspective on a matter that the devs themselves have made absolutely clear ages ago, and even as recently as this very thread before your response to me?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Why are you trying to force your incorrect perspective on a matter that the devs themselves have made absolutely clear ages ago, and even as recently as this very thread before your response to me?
Vlad outright said that Rebirth is not a remake of any other game.
LoK:R was never intended to be a remake. It was always intended to be its own thing, and be kind of a nod to the original.
So I don't get why you think my perspective is incorrect. And I don't understand why you're so bothered by it. And no, I'm not trying to force my perspective on anyone. That is dumb. You're telling me that me saying "that is different" is the same as forcing my perspective onto others? You know what a discussion is, right?

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
I think it's fair to say that Abelius had more of an investment in the game than any supporter.
Don't bother trying to reason with them, they will always think they are the most important and they did most supporting they know everything. Let them spam their sh*t so they can feel better about themself.

Check discord for news and abandon this thread just like I will after this comment, hope devs ignore this thread too so they just dont snap from endless stupidity that appears here.

flatsoup

Aug 29, 2019
I don't mind the art style nor the gameplay change to "3D"

The style is still LoK and the sexiness of Krystal is there very much there. More beastmen is always a plus.

What bothers me is if those changes affect development though. Is it more difficult to code this game now because it's in "3D"?

I hope not :(

Guessing re-using 3D assets and modeling is easier once you get it down.

But it seems more time consuming to make 8 different portraits of characters to simulate 360 degrees character rotation

But it seems sex scenes are pretty much 2D or at pre-determined angles, so don't have to worry about 360 degrees rotation for sex scenes.

Last edited:

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Vlad outright said that Rebirth is not a remake of any other game.

So I don't get why you think my perspective is incorrect. And I don't understand why you're so bothered by it. And no, I'm not trying to force my perspective on anyone. That is dumb. You're telling me that me saying "that is different" is the same as forcing my perspective onto others? You know what a discussion is, right?
Vlad's the worst possible citation to make, try Kuja or Abelius. And what I mean by forcing a perspective is that you're asserting your subjective opinion on an objective matter, it's not a discussion it's a correction.

Reactions: Hajtand

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Vlad's the worst possible citation to make, try Kuja or Abelius.
Okay. Why don't you cite on of those, then?
And what I mean by forcing a perspective is that you're asserting your subjective opinion on an objective matter
And how are you not doing the exact same thing? We're still discussing semantics. Like I already said, it's nitpicking. Let it go.
it's not a discussion it's a correction.
I said "I think that's different". How is that a correction?

Zeroed in

Jun 23, 2018
I don't mind the art style nor the gameplay change to "3D"

The style is still LoK and the sexiness of Krystal is there very much there. More beastmen is always a plus.

What bothers me is if those changes affect development though. Is it more difficult to code this game now because it's in "3D"?

I hope not :(

Guessing re-using 3D assets and modeling is easier once you get it down.

But it seems more time consuming to make 8 different portraits of characters to simulate 360 degrees character rotation

But it seems sex scenes are pretty much 2D or at pre-determined angles, so don't have to worry about 360 degrees rotation for sex scenes.
Do correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this whole reboot of rebirth a product of the Devs trying create more organization in their code for an optimized long term of the project?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Okay. Why don't you cite on of those, then?

And how are you not doing the exact same thing? We're still discussing semantics. Like I already said, it's nitpicking. Let it go.
I actually did two posts ago, Abelius already replied in the thread corroborating my statement directly.

And the difference from what I'm doing is that I'm clarifying facts, I'm not asserting a view or expressing an opinion on the subject. There are no semantics involved or interpretations to be made, the subjective has an established objective answer.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I actually did two posts ago, Abelius already replied in the thread corroborating my statement directly.
You mean this bit?
We based it on the first LOK
That's not what a remake is!

And no, you're not just clarifying facts. You're saying that LoK:R was a remake without further clarifying why. So you're no better than I am in that regard.

Dude, I want to hear your definition of a remake.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Wait. Wait wait wait wait wait. So, this is a remake of the last remake, which is still being done by the exact same development guy? How did he screw it up that badly, that he had to restart again?!

Not only that, but the graphics have been downgraded. The last remake he did was done in Unity, and was kind of a beautiful upgrade from the original it was copying. This version looks like it was done in Flash (which will be discontinued soon). Not only that, it looks worse than the original game from like 10 years ago, which was also done in Flash. The character models are too thin and stretched out. It looks like Krystal grew another foot taller, since the last remake.

I don't usually criticize this badly, but I liked the style of the previous incarnation, and this is an obvious, low budget cash grab. And people wonder why we use a website like this. It's because of this exact reason: people always stealing our money for projects they have no intentions of finishing, but still want to keep milk our wallets dry.

tenor.gif

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes