Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Back for the obligatory "its been 6 months, I have my degree now, omg I cant believe they still havent done anything substantial and are still wanting monthly money" comment. I wouldn't even complain if this was a "one-time funding" kind of deal like a kickstarter, but the fact that they have the gal to want monthly money for a game that has been in work longer than my degree and has nothing substantial to show even after a good year of "we'll do it right this time" it sad. I think the main reason people are so sad, frustrated, angry, or at this point cynical is that they really liked the original idea, concept and even the original game (the OG OG and the Rebirth OG). And seeing wasted potential just sucks so hard.

As I said a dozen times before. Im sure you are working on a lot. But there is no substantial game to play yet. You might have just as well not announced anything, finished the game and then released it. But hey, its just more comfortable if people pay monthly for promises.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Back for the obligatory "its been 6 months, I have my degree now, omg I cant believe they still havent done anything substantial and are still wanting monthly money" comment. I wouldn't even complain if this was a "one-time funding" kind of deal like a kickstarter, but the fact that they have the gal to want monthly money for a game that has been in work longer than my degree and has nothing substantial to show even after a good year of "we'll do it right this time" it sad. I think the main reason people are so sad, frustrated, angry, or at this point cynical is that they really liked the original idea, concept and even the original game (the OG OG and the Rebirth OG). And seeing wasted potential just sucks so hard.

As I said a dozen times before. Im sure you are working on a lot. But there is no substantial game to play yet. You might have just as well not announced anything, finished the game and then released it. But hey, its just more comfortable if people pay monthly for promises.
I think we're all just fucking sick and tired of this shit at this point. It's always the same.
cool idea with concept art and a few animations -> develops into shit gameplay -> quality steadily drops -> more and more corners are cut -> more delays -> more and more features are cut -> features no one wanted are implemented -> huge rethinks of core systems -> a flaming pile of shit that nobody cares about anymore, yet the dev made thousands
It's like....the waiting gets longer, the features become fewer, yet somehow the game is still delayed...like how the fuck does that work...

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
literaly the entire world runs on this idea.
Too little time to learn how to replace a piece of piping? bust out $200 for a plumber.
Too little time to write a script for backing up your shit? bust out $500 for data recovery when your drive dies.
No idea how glasses / eyes work? Pay 2 times the price of the glasses that you needed because the Optometrist fucked you over by selling you anti blue light, sun shade, 3d cocksucking glasses.
Don't know how to cook? Pay a fortune for ready meals all the time.
General idiot? You pay $20 per month to the LOK devs.
Total moron? Pre-ordering grandiose modern AAA games when it has proven time after time (at least since EA's SW battlefront II) that most of them are a knock-off copy of its generational predecessors at best. EA, CD Projekt, Nintendo, Bethesda, Blizzard. All these names have at least once made a game that promised high and delivered low.
No matter how much goddamn patches they jam in their games, we know they intended to ship broken games when they release. And people will buy it anyway.
Seriously, most (young) people who defended COD: WW2 responded to the criticism of that game with "oh it's a new game, it's gonna get updates." These types of people have become so complacent and have such low standards that they don't even expect a finished product anymore. And don't get me started on how 343 literally lied to the fans' face that split screen would be added in Halo Infinite.

If these studios wanted to release an incomplete game, don't bs me with statements like "16 times the detail". Don't give me a game so broken that voluntary, mostly free mods are needed to just play the base game. While The Last of Us 2 was controversial, at least it was a finished product. The same cannot be said for plenty of the AAA games we have in this decade.

Last edited:

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
We're not giving less space to the nsfw content, we're preparing the ground to move on to the spicy content.
"You'll see this kind of highlights for I think 2-3 more weeks then the tune will change. You can't have a game without backgrounds, the characters, the controls, the dialogue system in any case. so this literally just had to be done." -Pikant Dec 16 2020.
It is almost exactly 2 years later. Has the ground been prepped yet? I don't think the 'tune' has changed like predicted.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Total moron? Pre-ordering grandiose modern AAA games when it has proven time after time (at least since EA's SW battlefront II) that most of them are a knock-off copy of its generational predecessors at best. EA, CD Projekt, Nintendo, Bethesda, Blizzard. All these names have at least once made a game that promised high and delivered low.
No matter how much goddamn patches they jam in their games, we know they intended to ship broken games when they release. And people will buy it anyway.
Seriously, most (young) people who defended COD: WW2 responded to the criticism of that game with "oh it's a new game, it's gonna get updates." These types of people have become so complacent and have such low standards that they don't even expect a finished product anymore. And don't get me started on how 343 literally lied to the fans' face that split screen would be added in Halo Infinite.

If these studios wanted to release an incomplete game, don't bs me with statements like "16 times the detail". Don't give me a game so broken that voluntary, mostly free mods are needed to just play the base game. While The Last of Us 2 was controversial, at least it was a finished product. The same cannot be said for plenty of the AAA games we have in this decade.
I think part of the reason why people still preorder is because of The Witcher 3's release back in 2015.
Afaik the game was pretty busted at launch again but was later turned into a fucking masterpiece by patching it.
People seem to trust that the other devs will follow suite as well, but that just doesn't happen anymore as the era of pay-once-to-play-forever games that get good patches AFTER release seems to be over..

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I think part of the reason why people still preorder is because of The Witcher 3's release back in 2015.
Afaik the game was pretty busted at launch again but was later turned into a fucking masterpiece by patching it.
People seem to trust that the other devs will follow suite as well, but that just doesn't happen anymore as the era of pay-once-to-play-forever games that get good patches AFTER release seems to be over..
I'm astonished to how many young people either forget or downplay the great games two decades ago. The Space Battles and Galactic Conquest of Pandemic's Star Wars Battlefront II, the 2005 OG one. The realistic war horror campaigns of COD: World At War. The Sci-Fi setting of pre-Halo 5 series. Hell, every pre-2015 Valve game were masterpieces.

But I guess as long as "game as a service" philosophy persist and underperform, piracy will always remain a pro-customer stance, even if it is under the table.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Well, CDPR was an exception. I mean people should not have preordered like mad and should have seen the overpromises coming, but after the company has been taking straight W's for more than a decade - starting with the humble Witcher 1 which was still great for it's time, going over developing their own engine for Witcher 2 - which wasn't perfect and had a lot of flaws and cut corners, but still delivered on a great core experience, over founding their own big distribution platform with GoG as an anthesisis to all the DRM bs that Steam and co had been offering the decade prior, and then crowning it with a rough at launch but still absolutely impressive all the way Witcher 3. People trusted that "ready when it's ready" was meant that way. And they just didn't see the feature-creep and overambition and the impatience of the exec's and shareholders basically crashing CP2077. CDPR was really the only company I did preorder from at that time, and I refunded immediately after launch (despite having the PC version). No preorders anymore. They were the exception to the rule and now that exception is gone too. At this point I buy games 1 week after release when all the reviews are out and people stat noticing the most glaring issues. That's a good time to make a purchasing decision imo.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
They were the exception to the rule and now that exception is gone too. At this point I buy games 1 week after release when all the reviews are out and people stat noticing the most glaring issues. That's a good time to make a purchasing decision imo.
There was a friend of mine who, while not the complete fanatical Nitendrones was also out of the news cycle, willing to buy the new Scarlet and Violet despite I expressed him my willingness to passively boycott the company after they axed Pokemon Uranium and the Metroid remake, and especially what they did to destroy any semblance of relevancy and comfort of the Melee community.

If you're wondering, I showed him . Barely 7 minutes of watching, he already changed his mind, so I guess I did my part to at least stem the growth of this game.

SezRaipiffar

Sep 14, 2022
well then. lets hope they make better progress with this than the last run. If they can actually get to the finish line with this they could actually break the curse of LoK games.
plotwist: krystal got them so hard during development that they were too distracted

• Haha
Reactions: Staning

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Is there something interesting in the v0.1.5.0 that was released on the 22 of last month or are they pure fixes?

vashaal

Dec 28, 2018
its been 2 years :) so.. only one third left
actually this "hard working and honest" team is working on the remake (of their own remake) since 2019 or you can say, they began shortly after dropping the original 0.8 (alongside Abel) so it should be around August or September 19. Since then it's a mix of promises and excuses for their tremendous progress. Their team grew and the pace got even slower.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopolander

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
I've been out of the thread for 1 to 2 years or so, decided to check if things were still the same, and...
Well, can't say I'm surprised or disappointed. I was actually expecting things were just as they were when I unwatched the thread lol

Obligatory "they shouldn't have rebooted the Abelius version" comment, btw, I'm out.

Reactions: Kraz4life

MildMonster74

Jan 28, 2019
I just recently discovered LOK:rebirth and then found LOK:RE. The developers were working for a year on.. what exactly? This is genuienly heart breaking to see a very promising project with soul and good writing in it to be abandoned for what is essentialy a scam.

Unless the public builds are tinkered and the actual game is for paying users. But seing a part of commentary here I doubt.

Shame. Real actuall shame.
90% of furry patreon games are scams, LOK games even more so

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes