Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
In all seriousness, I think the best thing in the demo right now is Krystal's front and rear animations. Seems like there's some nice attention to detail. Her walking, running, and jumping all look fairly natural. She blinks, her tail sways, and her hair and ears bob. I think it all looks really nice. It'd be a shame to let it go to waste with the 2D rework. I hope all the animation gets that level of attention.

Reactions: Cerneu

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for all the info about the road map. But are there some more details what the milestones have in them? Milestone sounds good at first, but i would want to know the goal behind it

NeverKnow

Dec 21, 2017
Okay, i'm back after a month without checking this thread (and the old one), and i see some decent progress, especially the 2D environment, way better than the low-poly 3d that made characters look flat and paper'ish. Also happy to see that the work is going faster than before, and you already planning the new update soon.
By the way, where is MightyAITroll? Different account, or he decided he had enough and stopped visiting f95?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
It'd be a shame to let it go to waste with the 2D rework. I hope all the animation gets that level of attention.
Don't think they're scrapping those animations. You can have 2D backgrounds while still allowing depth of movement.
By the way, where is MightyAITroll? Different account, or he decided he had enough and stopped visiting f95?
For his sanity I hope he's not frequently visiting this site.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, i'm back after a month without checking this thread (and the old one), and i see some decent progress, especially the 2D environment, way better than the low-poly 3d that made characters look flat and paper'ish. Also happy to see that the work is going faster than before, and you already planning the new update soon.
Probably this:
I'll probably just respond to questions from people here, I'm mentally drained from the old thread anyway.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
In all seriousness, I think the best thing in the demo right now is Krystal's front and rear animations. Seems like there's some nice attention to detail. Her walking, running, and jumping all look fairly natural. She blinks, her tail sways, and her hair and ears bob. I think it all looks really nice. It'd be a shame to let it go to waste with the 2D rework. I hope all the animation gets that level of attention.
The front movement animation is kind of the gold standard we have for animations, it'll just take time for us to eventually polish it to that point. We want to go forward with getting the rough animations in first, then we'll polish them to those levels.

We're also not scrapping those other animations. We still have depth to the 2D environments, just not nearly as much as could be possible with 3D. Our goal is to work up to the 8 direction animations, slowly, over time.

I don't visit often for the sake of my sanity. I just come here, skim through, and look for things that could use an answer.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
The front movement animation is kind of the gold standard we have for animations, it'll just take time for us to eventually polish it to that point. We want to go forward with getting the rough animations in first, then we'll polish them to those levels.

We're also not scrapping those other animations. We still have depth to the 2D environments, just not nearly as much as could be possible with 3D. Our goal is to work up to the 8 direction animations, slowly, over time.
Good to hear. Do you guys have any plans for continual content updates, like new sex scenes, or will it pretty much just be a predetermined amount?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Good to hear. Do you guys have any plans for continual content updates, like new sex scenes, or will it pretty much just be a predetermined amount?
I will be 100,000% honest with you, we would like to do continual updates, but I have no long how things will take. I try to avoid promising a release date if I can, because I simply do not know. Plus we've had a lot of bad luck in the beginning of the project that lost us months of work, weird freak accidents tbh, so you never know.

But we're going to try to do regular content updates.

• Haha
Reactions: stickitinher22

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I hope that the level of corruption will be at the same level as the previous one, that it will be of slow and continuous progression. A game where you have sex right at the beginning of the game is very good for the "enemy-killing-or-die" type but it would be very sad if the direction of this game was that. Maybe that's why games like Rogue-like, Big Brother, Milf City and so many others are more successful.

LoliFlan

Jan 13, 2018
I hope that the level of corruption will be at the same level as the previous one, that it will be of slow and continuous progression. A game where you have sex right at the beginning of the game is very good for the "enemy-killing-or-die" type but it would be very sad if the direction of this game was that. Maybe that's why games like Rogue-like, Big Brother, Milf City and so many others are more successful.
In this tech demo thingy, there's one npc, and you start sexing them on your third interaction. I don't think it's gonna be anything else than the typical, overdone to infinity scheme of "higher numbers = you like it more". I'll be shocked if they as much as change dialogue options/ dialogue content depending on your corruption levels. I honestly expect that the more corruption you'll have, the more heart CGs there will be on screen. That's how little hope i have in that project

May 31, 2018
This game is evidence that just throwing a ridiculous amount of money at a team with a questionable work ethic is probably not a good idea.

Well, making games is a really complicated process, and Krystal fans have the right to spend their money on whatever they want... But... Yes, the creation of the game was clearly delayed, and if count the entire donation for all the time for this game (taking into account the abandoned version as well) ... I'm afraid the amount will not be far from One Million Dollars...

Was it worth it? ... I don't know, let everyone decide for themself ...

(On a note - the development cost (without advertising) of The Witcher 3 was 36 million dollars.)

Last edited:
Reactions: drwood
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes