Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I support this motion with all violence!

There was a LoK but featuring Renamon ''modded'' and it was pretty decent to see ft Krystal duo scenes.
Maybe after we're done with this. I do like Renamon, but we can't include any copyrighted stuff in this game.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Maybe after we're done with this. I do like Renamon, but we can't include any copyrighted stuff in this game.
But if you have customizable parts, and someone just happens to use those parts to make a Renamon-like character, and just happens to call them "Renamon," then you can hardly be held responsible, right? ;)

Mar 21, 2018
I like the art, but I wish the Lizards (Razorclaw?) were as good looking as in the first game... The lizards leave a lot to be desired...
Alright, just played it. And I do not like where this game is planning on going. Shame. Rip the once great LOK Rebirth...

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonsix6969

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I like the art, but I wish the Lizards (Razorclaw?) were as good looking as in the first game... The lizards leave a lot to be desired...
Alright, just played it. And I do not like where this game is planning on going. Shame. Rip the once great LOK Rebirth...
Keep in mind they're reworking it in a 2.5D design. The current demo probably isn't indicative of the game's current state. There's some images a few pages back showing it.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
There are so many significant changes in the coloring and in the construction of the characters and animations that you only have to look at gifs and old sketches to realize that before the characters looked better, more mature and much more sensual, Krystal (who will no longer be Krystal) the first.

DefinitelyNotAFurry

Mar 2, 2020
The irony of you saying this in a discussion about a game that's helping itself to Nintendo's IP and just shaving the serial numbers off with no sarcasm is absolutely hilarious to me.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
The irony of you saying this in a discussion about a game that's helping itself to Nintendo's IP and just shaving the serial numbers off with no sarcasm is absolutely hilarious to me.
Even more so that the game is still being called "Legend Of Krystal" and wasn't simply rebranded to something else with a different cannon name for the vixen protagonist. It would be like making "Renamon's Adventure" with very explicitly Renamon as the main character with Guilmon, Impmon, Terriermon, etc, and being like "but they're not digimon, guys." I suppose the name itself is still drawing in people who are expecting to see Krystal rather than changing it to which people will ask "why should I care?" if it suddenly became Legend of Carla or something.

Mar 21, 2018
There are so many significant changes in the coloring and in the construction of the characters and animations that you only have to look at gifs and old sketches to realize that before the characters looked better, more mature and much more sensual, Krystal (who will no longer be Krystal) the first.
"will no longer be Krystal?" What do you mean?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Fooni joak

Even more so that the game is still being called "Legend Of Krystal" and wasn't simply rebranded to something else with a different cannon name for the vixen protagonist. It would be like making "Renamon's Adventure" with very explicitly Renamon as the main character with Guilmon, Impmon, Terriermon, etc, and being like "but they're not digimon, guys." I suppose the name itself is still drawing in people who are expecting to see Krystal rather than changing it to which people will ask "why should I care?" if it suddenly became Legend of Carla or something.
Well, if you payed attention to the development of the game, you'll find we've distanced ourselves from the IP in every possible way. The main character will be customizable and will have options to make her **look** similar to Krystal. We aren't even using the name 'Legend of Krystal' really. It would be hard to make a Renamon character that isn't straight up Renamon.

Last edited:

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
They already pretty well scraped the 3D parts, correct? Why are you still complaining? I'm sorry, but this is now just an artistic difference. You can say tomato or tomoto, but both are really the same, but look different.
I'd say that I like the art direction that is incoming. Given the moving parts on her running, i'd say it looks neat, and portrays what we need to see.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I'm not complaining, that's my opinion, the characters looked better before, not to mention the stiff animations now. Still, my opinion is as valid as yours. Do you like it now? Good for you.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
Well, if you payed attention to the development of the game, you'll find we've distanced ourselves from the IP in every possible way. The main character will be customizable and will have options to make her **look** similar to Krystal. We aren't even using the name 'Legend of Krystal' really. It would be hard to make a Renamon character that isn't straight up Renamon.
Pardon me for not giving this game my undivided attention 24/7 and knowing every little detail of this game, or the alternative is you could really just tell people what they're talking/asking about instead of dancing around the subject like you seem to always do. On the surface, however, it's still being called "Legend of Krystal: Rebirth Remake" or at least abbreviated to "LOK," so you could just say what the new name of the game is if you're really not using the name when you still are just about everywhere. Not to mention the main character is still very much as Krystal as it gets in terms of an artist's rendition throwing their style on a character already developed. Sure there'll be customization to make her look closer to what Krystal cannonly wears but even without the clothes its still pretty clearly "krystal but legally not krystal."

As for renamon that's pretty obvious, shes very much an extremely specifically unique character but that's just generally digimon as a whole.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Pardon me for not giving this game my undivided attention 24/7 and knowing every little detail of this game, or the alternative is you could really just tell people what they're talking/asking about instead of dancing around the subject like you seem to always do. On the surface, however, it's still being called "Legend of Krystal: Rebirth Remake" or at least abbreviated to "LOK," so you could just say what the new name of the game is if you're really not using the name when you still are just about everywhere. Not to mention the main character is still very much as Krystal as it gets in terms of an artist's rendition throwing their style on a character already developed. Sure there'll be customization to make her look closer to what Krystal cannonly wears but even without the clothes its still pretty clearly "krystal but legally not krystal."

As for renamon that's pretty obvious, shes very much an extremely specifically unique character but that's just generally digimon as a whole.
Sorry, you didn't deserve that rude response, I'm used to people be asses in this thread for the sake of being asses. I've mentioned it in the past many times, but for you I shall state it again:

We made a small change, LoK:R is now "Lok: Rebirth", a tiny and somewhat cheesy change, but Lok is the name of the main antagonist, and it is, technically, his rebirth. We don't want anything to do with big daddy Nintendo, and we have taken as many steps as we can to avoid it. That is why we are going to such great lengths for character customization.

And yes, we couldn't make Renamon without treading into dangerous waters, we're not ready for that yet.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes