Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Can you read anywhere in the post any reference that says "DoorFive"? so what are you talking about? I'm talking about something you can read in the reviews of the previous game.

Here's a hint: Open the reviews, press Ctrl + F and type "art".
Okay-no-yea, you see, you talked in a way that it was everyone's opinion, not just yours. That's what erked me.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
Okay-no-yea, you see, you talked in a way that it was everyone's opinion, not just yours. That's what erked me.
Not to butt in, but his comment that you hacked on, never really said it was everyone's opinion. It never uses the words "We", "All" or "Everyone".
It's a basic comment with a general statement. How you interpret that is completely up to you.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Not to butt in, but his comment that you hacked on, never really said it was everyone's opinion. It never uses the words "We", "All" or "Everyone".
It's a basic comment with a general statement. How you interpret that is completely up to you.
You may be correct, but I felt like it was directed at everybody, and I did not like the taste of someone suggesting otherwise shoving ideas down my throat.

urgfa

Dec 5, 2017
Yo sorry to bother but does someone have a guide for the game? I get outta the tent and the quest and conversations log tells me to go the see chiefguy but i can't find him or anything to progress the story (If there is something after that) help pls

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Yo sorry to bother but does someone have a guide for the game? I get outta the tent and the quest and conversations log tells me to go the see chiefguy but i can't find him or anything to progress the story (If there is something after that) help pls
Chieftain not in yet. But he is ready to be added in the next update along with most of the village, we're just waiting on Vanlen's animations.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Wine only gets better over time, doesn't it? :)

Well, but if speak more seriously - indeed, more than 4 months have passed since the moment of their successful (in my opinion) demo version. Hopefully there will be enough content in a future release to justify these delays.
What we're planning on doing after this next update, is to start doing a steady stream of updates. Any time we have something worth updating, i.e. bug fixes, sex scenes, characters, clothing, dialogue, etc.

The months have been productive, just not entirely in the way we had hoped. We had some weird setbacks with animation.

In terms of art/programming though, things have gone swimmingly.

May 31, 2018
What we're planning on doing after this next update, is to start doing a steady stream of updates. Any time we have something worth updating, i.e. bug fixes, sex scenes, characters, clothing, dialogue, etc.

The months have been productive, just not entirely in the way we had hoped. We had some weird setbacks with animation.

In terms of art/programming though, things have gone swimmingly.

Well, that sounds promising. It's a pity you can't give an approximate timeframe - when all this will be implemented ... But ... Time will tell. Maybe you will still be able to surprise everyone... In the good sense of this word :)

Mr. Clum

Feb 14, 2020
Well, that sounds promising. It's a pity you can't give an approximate timeframe - when all this will be implemented ... But ... Time will tell. Maybe you will still be able to surprise everyone... In the good sense of this word :)
In my experience it's better to not have a set date promised and show something great eventually, rather than to set one up and end up having nothing to show for it by the time the deadline arrives. I ain't paying anything so I'll wait patiently till something happens

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
In my experience it's better to not have a set date promised and show something great eventually, rather than to set one up and end up having nothing to show for it by the time the deadline arrives. I ain't paying anything so I'll wait patiently till something happens
Thats admirable, but let me ask you one thing, and i dont mean that offensive: did you ever work? Sure you could call this a passion project in private area, but please dont go around in this thread and take the money argument. going with that will trigger a lot of people (including me) because 0.8 was stomped, and we dont need neither your patronizing or your reminder what happened 2 years ago. But also welcome and congrats to your first post :)

Reactions: MyLittleTrolly

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
It would be interesting if sometime you would use your posts to express yours instead of senseless attack, which seems to be the only thing you're good at.

However, I recommend you read the reviews of both games to assess if it's just my opinion, but I'm sure you won't and will just wait for the conversation to change to try to come up with another one. ;)
Hey man I'm sorry about that. I had a stick up my ass. what I meant was my opinion was that it had a more manga feel to it, not anime. same difference, but what can you do?

• Angry
Reactions: dragonsix6969
May 31, 2018

Yes, I understand that *rushing* sometimes can ruin the finished product, but making a game is not only a creative process, but also a job. And developers get paid for their work consistently every month. Shouldn't they have at least a rough plan for when they are going to release updates for their game?

Of course, if in the future there will be postponements of update dates - this will cause discontent from the community...
But what if there are no dates at all?... Will it create a too calm environment for developers, which will significantly reduce their potential pace of work?...

The "carrot and stick" method was invented for a reason...:)

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Yes, I understand that *rushing* sometimes can ruin the finished product, but making a game is not only a creative process, but also a job. And developers get paid for their work consistently every month. Shouldn't they have at least a rough plan for when they are going to release updates for their game?

Of course, if in the future there will be postponements of update dates - this will cause discontent from the community...
But what if there are no dates at all?... Will it create a too calm environment for developers, which will significantly reduce their potential pace of work?...

The "carrot and stick" method was invented for a reason...:)
You are right, but there are tricks around this problem.
It is true that in long projects even motivated people tend to lose their focus or sense of time and setting deadlines and milestones can help with this. But as you said, this can later clash with the fans and supporters if the deadline is missed for any reason.

Probably the simplest workaround is the idea that these deadlines don't really have to be public. Setting up a timeline for yourself is really the first suggestion you'll get from anyone in management or psychology and you really don't need more to make it as effective as it can be than sharing it with the team or friends. This has the added benefit of avoiding the stress of a public deadline if someone is susceptible to it.

If this doesn't work and the team has good communication, then they can still discuss the reason behind the problems or other possible solutions. This isn't far from the standart procedure in a lot of companies either. For every big release date that has been announced there are a hundred smaller, internal ones that weren't.

Just to clarify: i have no idea how this dev team works and this is also just one possible answer to the problem you correctly pointed out.

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes