Of_Ill_Omens

Apr 10, 2023
Can someone explain the changelog of 0.8.8.0 pls?
the important parts
-*fixed, AnimalRattus now a hp1 OBJ npc.
the small grey rats (in goblin lairs and such) now can be killed, meaning you can kill some accidentally fighting the goblins before getting opportunity to pick them up, minor inconvenience

-*added, add equip_part_covered verb to item_config and remove most old state block setup by equip, state effect block by equip now more reasonable.
-*fixed, Lona nude check from with any Mid dress to equip_part_covered check, must with "Chest" and "Groin" or "Vag" or it count as nude.

changed how game calculates if Lona feels naked - old version was simple "wearing anything on Mid" check so even though wearing just Civilian Top had her nethers poking out, Lona would think she's dressed enough, now the new version checks if the clothing "does visually cover chest and groin on the paper doll", effectivelly meaning she needs both Bot+Mid (or Bot+a paticular piece of Mid Extra) to feel sufficiently dressed
this also updates how game calculates which injuries and piercings are visible (for the purposes of counting them towards Lona's total Weak and Sexy)
overall should make the whole clothing system "more realistic" and easier to maintain, and if I were an optimist (which of course is a pure speculation) I'd say this overhaul should also make any further additions to the clothing system easier to implement

-*fixed, mood decrease max by nude from -100 to 0.
going naked (without Exhibitionism) makes Lona less happy, but doesn't push her into sad territory, this assumes you already know how mood system works
-*fixed, Lona default move speed to 4.3, and each mid,bot,midext dress part now -0.1 moveSpeed.(nude move speed bouns)
less clothes, go faster, simple as
-*fixed, Exhibitionist now increase 0.03 move speed for each private part without block by equip.
no clothes + exhibitionism = sanic speed (except not really, 2x 0.03 is barely noticeable, this is such an arbitrary miniscule balance tweak I'd expect it comes from moba changelog)

the rest is either progress on quests in Coastal Fortress region, yes, even the
-*fixed, all dogs now with anal sex pose slot.(beacuse some weird reason)
or minor tweaks to skill effects and game mechanics

And now that I've spelled it out, I can see why he doesn't bother to. One of the dilemmas a solo dev (and to lesser extent every dev) faces is that every minute spent polishing your progress report and making it "human readable" is a minute spent not making progress - on code, art, whatever. You do need some sort of internal documentation for your own tracking/understanding, but that can be a pile of cryptic cliffnotes only person actually working on the project can fully understand. Which is basically what we are getting in the changelogs. Eccma has no PR skills, which can get annoying, but he's not a grifter. Because grifters are quite the opposite, making no real progress and having the PR skills to sell it anyway.

GiantPessy

May 12, 2021
I don't know how but I went on the site and hoped LonaRPG would be updated, and it is, I can't wait to see new content, hopefully not too much NSFW content, this is my favorite game on this site even though I don't care about the lewd content!
Great day for a new update!

KSmato

Oct 16, 2022
has anyone already realized which commands have changed the possibility of getting an item? (I haven't found anywhere from unofficial sites that commands have been changed.)

Boykingdown

Aug 12, 2020
This comment was machine translated.

TRANSLATION PORTUGUESE BR 0.8.8.3!
The text was translated semi-automatically
There may still be inconsistencies, but the reason I translated it myself is because, in the manual, words made no sense and characters were skipped.
How and where to paste all this? download LONAMTL and use "manual translation", copy and paste! the last line must be empty! just like the Chinese!
If the apply button is invisible, you copied it wrong!

Att: there may still be other problems, because translating from Chinese to PT br is unfeasible either manually or automatically, when the full game comes out in English, the text will be easy to translate.
A tip, if you want to change something, go to the game folder and look for "text" then "MTL" there will be from "menu" where you will find most of the information you see on the screen such as inventory or attributes, to other files that will have conversations and dialogs. You can open the same file and just change the MTL to English and take the original phrases and words and translate them yourself or keep them in English.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishboyo

Aug 29, 2018
Screenshots? Without them I can only assume you didn't extract the mod correctly.
Not sure what ones your looking for exactly so i can only assume this is the shots you want.

All were extracted with 7zip, and there are no double folders (IE framework leading to framework leading to the actual mod.)

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Not sure what ones your looking for exactly so i can only assume this is the shots you want.

All were extracted with 7zip, and there are no double folders (IE framework leading to framework leading to the actual mod.)
Folder name should be Cheats Mod, not Framework. It's hardcoded to expect that path (hence why it's not working)

The source of the project is only structured that way for development purposes.

IncestGuy

Oct 26, 2017
On my big monitor the game opens really small, and on my smaller monitor it opens really big and changes the scaling of everything. Is there a way to fix this?

Have you considered a medium monitor?

In all seriousness, I hope it can be fixed for you.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
Full save pls
Not really necessary with the kind of game it is... it's a survival sandbox where you put yourself into the shoes of Lona and see what happens to her along the journey, cycling through clothes, getting beaten, getting dirty, getting pregnant, etc. There IS a gallery but it's not really the focal point and lacks all the art that happens during most of the gameplay. There's also multiple branching decisions that can be made at times, and rebirthing as different races and experiencing gameplay differences and appearance changes through that, which can't be seen with a single save.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes