Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
but I'd also like to see the dev work on making the game challenging while not promoting "save scumming" because of cheap deaths/rapes.
Doom mode aka iron man exists you know? Permanent death, no save scumming. Please elaborate on the cheap deaths/rapes part.
Default hard mode is pretty lenient already...
Doom mode is pretty much 120% doable if you completed the game before on hard mode. The only hard part of Doom mode is keeping Lona a virgin, otherwise pretty doable.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Doom mode aka iron man exists you know? Permanent death, no save scumming. Please elaborate on the cheap deaths/rapes part.
He means it's unfairly hard, so the average player is forced to savescum if they want to have a reasonable playthrough.

NaikonP

Aug 31, 2020
He won't stop development. The guy is pretty stalwart.
I wouldnt be so sure about that. Guy started this project 6 years ago and I supported him then. Then he fucked off and nothing was heard from him. Its the main reason he wont get any money from me anymore while the game is still in developement.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
He means it's unfairly hard, so the average player is forced to savescum if they want to have a reasonable playthrough.
Well, if Eccma wanted to make this play easy he would have opted for the original RPGmaker gameplay experience where you just press Z to blast through the game and not bother with coding this phenomenal top down stealth survival action RPG.
I'm pretty sure if Eccma ever decided to let Lona start the game with a sickle (Slash attribute) instead of a Club (Blunt attribute) 90% of the complains about the hard gameplay would be gone. I mean, slash slash 2-3 hits and the Big scary sewer rat die, truly feel like a hacknslash game and this will trick people into thinking this game's fairly easy and egg them to continue on. But oh no, the club, gotta hit the rat over 10 times. Lantern's fire? What is it? First time hearing about it.

Reactions: CaiNanE

OffPathGames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2020
I have a few questions. I read the guide and didn't see the answers there - sorry if this has been answered somewhere else (in the 400 pages of replies)

1) Does anyone have recommendations on which quests to do first? I feel like the Mine quest is easy off the bat, but the missing convoy quest seems impossible even with good sneak. Should I be grinding up on the repeatable quests or trying to accomplish something else right away?

2) When you get captured in a monster lair, what's the solution to escaping in the dark? They take your lantern and survival doesn't seem to make things bright enough (or is it just soft game over).

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020
Is there more loli content to be found in the game? Or is Lona the only who looks like one. Have played a bit and it seems like a good game but like to know before i go full Hulk with it. :cool::cool:

Print0o

May 1, 2018
I have a few questions. I read the guide and didn't see the answers there - sorry if this has been answered somewhere else (in the 400 pages of replies)

1) Does anyone have recommendations on which quests to do first? I feel like the Mine quest is easy off the bat, but the missing convoy quest seems impossible even with good sneak. Should I be grinding up on the repeatable quests or trying to accomplish something else right away?

2) When you get captured in a monster lair, what's the solution to escaping in the dark? They take your lantern and survival doesn't seem to make things bright enough (or is it just soft game over).
1) I think you should be grinding repeatable quest so that you'll be able to buy your supplies to last longer in combat. Also you can pick jobs from Big Mama for a less dangerous quests. As for the convoy quest, don't you use rocks to distract the sentries of goblins?

2) When you get capture by monsters they keep most of your belongings in a chest somewhere. And trying to escape in pitch black places is near to impossible, especially when you get captured outside the lair seeing the exists and entrances changes. Also even if you manage to escape there is the issue of food and being confronted by bandits or monsters.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018

1) https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-5-4-3-eccma417.49993/post-5471621
^ above is my kill em all guide for the Convoy quest (you only need to sneak around, but if you want to cockblock the party then feel free to try all the steps in m,y guide), doable on day 2 of the game. A little advice, this quest is supposed to be a stealthy easy to do quest, sneaking is all you have to do, if you can't sneak around properly without being discovered then probably you haven't equipped a full set of dirty clothes. Also, hiding in grass > hiding in plain sight/open space.

2) This one is based on skill, you have to be very careful, one step at a time, Lona without lantern can still see 1 tile ahead of her, don't step on the shadows in the water tiles.
An easy method to complete this one is to wait for the timer to run out, the monster gonna try to rapes the girls, you hide in the corner, knock them out then proceed to 1 vs 1 them, rinse and repeat, then you can take your sweet time finding your way out.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes