karlsemken

Dec 31, 2019
You can do that with the debug tool, to get it press f10 and type the code below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Beware that canceling the ability will cause time to stop for everything except you, allowing you to pretend to be Sakuya Brando and summon steamrollers. To resume the flow of time you need to use the debug tool on something and close the menu.

As long as everything in this game is optional, the world difficulty can be reduced at any point, everything you need to win is in Noer and you're willing to put up with a grind then I think this is debatable.

But still I'd love to hear the good reason. Not saying this game shouldn't be hard I'm just interested.

We must!
I don't feel comfortable comparing the game to the real world, but I'm sure a lot of things happened in this game somewhere in the real world. The world is fucked up and the fact that someone has put these ideas into a game in which you also have to cope with the daily necessities is really crazy. I was so impressed that I immediately supported the creator. Apart from the whole content, I am also interested in the story and the world. The fact that the main character, if strong enough, can avoid the worst is a great option too. The game has real potential imo. I hope that answers your question.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
One of the major issues of magic (Requiring a full wis build while other builds can dabble in other stats) certainly hasn't improved.
Yeah, agree. Still, 99 wis with water book is akin to god mode in this game (Stun + Knockback + easily spammed). So endgame wise, it's the most logical choice. (Not sure if Eccma nerfed it yet beside the tornade --> mist)
i meant mods that modify the game, like gtav ones. Maybe a mod that changes the protagonist's general appearance
There's skin color mods. Hair color mods already in the game a few version back. Anything else maybe if you wish hard enough.
Please anyone can tell me how to leave the house where cecyl was captured? I have no idea to avoid the fight
Pick a favorite god, pray and engage in combat. It's your only choice.
I don't feel comfortable comparing the game to the real world, but I'm sure a lot of things happened in this game somewhere in the real world. The world is fucked up and the fact that someone has put these ideas into a game in which you also have to cope with the daily necessities is really crazy. I was so impressed that I immediately supported the creator. Apart from the whole content, I am also interested in the story and the world. The fact that the main character, if strong enough, can avoid the worst is a great option too. The game has real potential imo. I hope that answers your question.
Same, lived in 3rd world shithole, worked manual bareback work in the blinding sun, witnesses many an atrocious events. Life sure was harsh. Same reason I like this game so much, kinda relatable to some crisis I have been though in the past.
I purely enjoy the gameplay and the setting

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
I wasn't expecting this kind of answer since I view gameplay as something separate. Maybe I'm wrong but the world/universe of Touhou is relatively rainbows and sunshine while the game itself is pretty damn difficult, whereas DOOM is relatively easy considering the situation you're supposed to be in.

It's a shame you don't feel comfortable making comparisons, the world of LonaRPG resembles ours in far too many ways for it to be a coincidence, and the way this is done is what makes that world so cold, grim and so incredibly beautiful.

Tenebrae956

Apr 10, 2019
Question about saving the captured women from the goblin tower---how do they exit the basement? they're next to me by the ladder, but exit/entering the areas doesn't do anything. I'm also playing on 0.5.4.0.1 so just yell at me if this was a thing fixed in future updates.

skulliona

Jul 4, 2021
Question about saving the captured women from the goblin tower---how do they exit the basement? they're next to me by the ladder, but exit/entering the areas doesn't do anything. I'm also playing on 0.5.4.0.1 so just yell at me if this was a thing fixed in future updates.
Just like any other captured women you are trying to save, lead them towards the entrance/exit you came in from (you’ll have to go through ladder and make them follow you to the entrance). takes a few minutes but they’ll be saved once you see each one disappear.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
0.5.7.0 please upload
I don't want to insult you. You're not making it easy but I'm going to bite my tongue.
Some Q&A:

Q: New version out! Y no upload?
A: New versions only appear here one week after release.

Q: But why?
A: A private agreement with the developer.

Q: Y no say "fuck him" and upload anyway?
A: You didn't see the tire-fire centred around here when that was going on. Once the thread was cleaned up after, the developer got in touch me through a middleman (he got banned) telling me to stop doing day one uploads and wait for five days at the very least. I stretched that out to a full week.

Q: Y a full week and not five days?
A: More time means a higher likelihood of fixes and patches releasing. It's ingrained in this thread now that a full week is normal.

TL;DR:
Wait like everybody else that isn't paying Eccma417 until the 30th. There's a sensible sausage.

sdfsw

Sep 19, 2017
Please anyone can tell me how to leave the house where cecyl was captured? I have no idea to avoid the fight
You can use throwing to trick them into their own bombs. For avoiding getting discovered for deactivating traps, you can also use throw to set them off while at a healthy out of sight distance. The go through the main gate

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Ah, reached the end of the translated content, sadness. Seemed like the fan translation wasn't up to date, dunno if it's safe to add it to the game. The world and gameplay overall seem a lot better balanced and it's certainly more polished. Glad it didn't go in a weird direction like a lot of games do mid development. Still doing what it does best here instead of losing focus or going against the previous mechanics.

Still some issues remaining like enemies walking/running through attacks, but I guess that's just a limitation of rpgmaker at this point, judging by the way the dev has fixed most the other issues (They even added a note that records the questboard text to check info on your taken quest, though it did bug out at some point and wouldn't scroll to the top of the page).

Yeah, it's really difficult to deal with without a decent stealth ability. You probably want to avoid it until later unless you're a stealthy type. I posted some gifs last page of how I usually play it out, lol. For some other strats:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Thankyou for answering me, but I finally found in thread 475 how to do it. I realized I just too early and not prepared yet to take the quest
Nothing is too early in LonaRPG, you're born a war goddess, slay them vermines!!
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-5-6-1-beta-eccma417.49993/post-5339190
This is where you learn to position your companions to your advantages, it's formation time. (Taken from my post few months ago)

Spear formation
View attachment 1088009
This way Grey Rat tank the damage while Cecily help attacking from behind by throwing daggers. Cecily gonna take damage from spears attack like this, this formation is usable, but not recommended. You can help out by using bow,whip, musket or magic to attack from the side. Just hit them hard and fast to stunlock them and Cecily's gonna be fine. (Whip, wall of fire and Arrow rains recommended)
However, if you aren't fast enough after luring enemies, Grey rat gonna block you and you're gonna be left alone dealing with opponents in front of the door.

Wall Formation:
View attachment 1088015
It's a defensive wall. It's easy to lure enemies in like this, noone gonna block you either. Grey rat AOE attack gonna agro enemies, you don't have to worry about anything. You can help out if you want, but it's not recommended. Remember to never backtrack or you gonna put Cecily in danger and Grey rat AOE attack will hit you as well.

Circle formation:
View attachment 1088019
Easy to lure enemies in, noone gonna block you, Cecily gonna tanks, Grey Rat occasionally tanks and taunts. You sneak attack from behind to keep Cecily alive. Not recommended if Cecily is low on either HP or STA. Recommend a weapon with "Sap/ambush" property.

These are the most basic of formations, you can improvise and adapt to suit your need mid-battle.
If you blindly rush in, it's obvious death awaits the one without plans.

Reactions: Tektaara

brazilla

May 30, 2021
0.5.7.0 please upload
please consider supporting developer in his fanbox and you will always get the latest version:HideThePain:

I mean if you truly love this game, think of your way to contribute, doing mods, reporting bugs, be part of the dev team or paying.
But don't merely demand others efforts, and sit there waiting for another free-to-play game

Reactions: Yukihirou

thehotness

Jan 17, 2021
Many ways to cheese the AI. Tell grey rat and cecily to wait while you sneak behind the crates. Blow up 2-3 of them using the rock and drawing them into the mines then throwing a rock onto the mines and blowing them up. Then you can sneak up and stun the rest. Before you hit them again and break the stun, quickly return to grey rat and cecily. Go to the main door to escape. You don't have to kill everyone, they just need to be near the door, alive, for you to escape.

Personally my method is to position cecily and grey rat on either side of the door of the small room. I then go out and aggro the bandits in one by one, draw them into the corridor, then tank the hits using dodge or the shield while grey rat and cecily kill them in the middle. They will remain in their spots but attack should the enemy come within 1 square. The enemies don't respawn, so you can rest and sleep and eat and keep drawing them in 1 by 1 until the path is clear.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes