Apr 1, 2020
You can also use multiples. Let's say you've amassed 20 raw meats and 10 wooden clubs. Toss them all in for 10 Smoked Meats.
Note that you only need one wooden club for an entire stack of smoked meat, i.e. 20 raw meat + 10 clubs and 20 raw meat + 1 club both result in 10 smoked meat. Same for the Dry Goods; 20 veggies + 1 club results in 10 Dry Goods.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Ialso saw they say the berserk drug can buy in Eili shop but i cannot see any.

Do anybody know how to get a berserk drug in game normally rather than cheat?
I know you get 1 dose from Elsie for free after what I think is finishing off the questline for Lisa. Can't buy others afaik

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Mostly false. Two meats alone will produce food that will expire quickly. Anything that isn't Smoked or Dry will go off in record time so only use those food items if you really need to top up her SAT.
Me: Cauldron sucks on hell because food expires

You: No it doesn't because on hell food expires

Lol..

Apr 1, 2020

Lol..
Different foods spoil at different rates. Most raw foods have about a 1 day half-life, and soups seem to have a half-life either equal to, or maybe slightly longer than raw foods (but not by much, it really seems like they spoil at about half the stack per day as well).

The only major exceptions are Dry Goods, and [the various permutations of] Smoked Meat. Their half-life is either infinite, or a very high value that spoilage on individual days is extremely infrequent. Both of these *can* be bought at a food vendor, but they're very expensive and ever since TP2.0, vendors also only carry a limited supply.

So for Lona to acquire a reliable supply of food, she either needs to be pulling in enough money that she can easily replace the dried food that she consumes, or she needs to be making it herself by scavenging in the wild. And in the latter case, that requires the use of a Cauldron.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017

Lol..
You clearly didn't read my post in its entirety or failed to comprehend what it was I said.
I play on Hell and rely entirely on Smoked Meat or Dry food - except when I'm just bumming around in a forest as part of a quest.

Last edited:

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
You clearly didn't read my post in its entirety or failed to comprehend what it was I said.
Dude that's my line. I dunno how to make it clearer so I'm gonna try repeating myself. On hard raw food accumulates, take some apples and you have practically unlimited good soup. On hell no raw food accumulates. No raw food no use for the cauldron. Micro managing bread crumbs twice a day is a tiresome and time intensive task that isn't fun it's just spending time in menus which is already too much without the cauldron. Between farming money and farming food the former can be done much, much faster and consists mostly of playing rather than clicking things in extremely laggy menus. Extremely laggy menus.

since TP2.0, vendors also only carry a limited supply.
This is precisely why I stick with 5.4.4.4, the merchants still function here, there's still a point to having money in this version. What's the point of money if you can't buy stuff with it. I think EccmA417 is a really awesome dude, but I don't agree with this change.

Also of all things that can be bought in this game food merchants are by far the most common, and one of them even comes with its own cauldron so the discounted dry food is still accessible.

Last edited:

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
I don't know how the game chooses which baby to be reborn as if Lona has had multiple humanoid births
If you have two or three different babies you get two or three different options to choose from. If you have two or three of the same baby you still have only one option and the other babies don't reincarnate with you. Or maybe they do but they grow too old to be used for reincarnation the next game. Either way you need a new baby again if you want to reincarnate again.

Reactions: Chosen Sloth

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Dude that's my line. I dunno how to make it clearer so I'm gonna try repeating myself. On hard raw food accumulates, take some apples and you have practically unlimited good soup. On hell no raw food accumulates. No raw food no use for the cauldron. Micro managing bread crumbs twice a day is a tiresome and time intensive task that isn't fun it's just spending time in menus which is already too much without the cauldron. Between farming money and farming food the former can be done much, much faster and consists mostly of playing rather than clicking things in extremely laggy menus. Extremely laggy menus.
So basically, you're telling me that under no circumstance is the cauldron useful on Hell or Doom mode.
And I've told you twice now that with the right ingredients that it is quite useful indeed.
Stop conveniently ignoring the fact that it does have uses. I don't use soups or broth or whatever else have you; I stock up on Smoked Meat.
"On Hell no raw food accumulates".
This I can agree is true. However, with a little planning and forethought you can make it work - that being get some wood first. Then go hunting. Then, without leaving the screen, plonk the cauldron down and chuck it all in.
That's how to avoid the raw food spoiling. Fruits and veg are supposed to be eaten on the spot. If you don't need them, don't pick them. It's not like you have to grab everything.
"Extremely laggy menus." Sorry, but that's on your end. They work like they should for me. But I don't like the new layout. It's cumbersome at best but it is NOT laggy - at least, for me. Is there any reason why you said "extremely laggy menus" twice?

Lastly, the cauldron isn't just for food. You can actually create potions with it as well.

Korelation

Aug 4, 2021
Hey so I got to this sea witch everybody has been talking about and I did the quest with the plague doctor guy to wake her up, but ever since she's been having the quest exclamation mark above her. When I interact with her there's no choice for a quest or anything. Is this normal? sea witch quest 1.PNG sea witch 2.PNG

Reactions: Ricordi

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
This is precisely why I stick with 5.4.4.4, the merchants still function here, there's still a point to having money in this version. What's the point of money if you can't buy stuff with it. I think EccmA417 is a really awesome dude, but I don't agree with this change.
Dude, in which world the merchant got infinite amount of goods to trade with ?
Beside, it's an mergency, it's wartime, you don't get to hoard all the goods, especially second class citizens, like Lona.

Inershal

Aug 7, 2021
So i tried running the game in joiplay (ver: beta.0.5.7.0) it just crashes on loading screen and the error type was NoMethodError

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
So basically, you're telling me that under no circumstance is the cauldron useful on Hell or Doom mode.
And I've told you twice now that with the right ingredients that it is quite useful indeed.
Stop conveniently ignoring the fact that it does have uses. I don't use soups or broth or whatever else have you; I stock up on Smoked Meat.
"On Hell no raw food accumulates".
This I can agree is true. However, with a little planning and forethought you can make it work - that being get some wood first. Then go hunting. Then, without leaving the screen, plonk the cauldron down and chuck it all in.
That's how to avoid the raw food spoiling. Fruits and veg are supposed to be eaten on the spot. If you don't need them, don't pick them. It's not like you have to grab everything.
"Extremely laggy menus." Sorry, but that's on your end. They work like they should for me. But I don't like the new layout. It's cumbersome at best but it is NOT laggy - at least, for me. Is there any reason why you said "extremely laggy menus" twice?

Lastly, the cauldron isn't just for food. You can actually create potions with it as well.
At the start I wrote

cauldron sucks on hell

,however,

-A random amount of almost entirely unguarded captive women
-A chest with 5-6 random items in it
-Three piles of fish + tons of fish in the water (and this is the part where the couldron will be useful even on hell)

more bla

Still even if it wasn't for this fishcave I wouldn't mind spending a single point on the cauldron like I wouldn't mind spending a single point on other special traits, but survival itself is a mostly useless stat if not entirely.
If you decide to farm that place for morality or whatever you will end up with hundreads of fish every day. I don't grinding for food in the woods or whatever is worthwhile but if you're there anyway it's definitely worth your time to at least pick up the 3 piles and turn them into smoked meat before the cockatrice will turn them into rocks or whatever.

Do you need more examples of why you're not reading or not comprehending is my line?

either you didnt read or didnt comprehend.png

Or what about when you assumed I was cheating when saw level 40 and only 9 poops without reading the masturbation count.

Look I'm also human and I also do this a lot I'm just saying you're doing it right now. I started by saying that the most common use of the cauldron is turning raw food into cooked food, and hell has much less raw food because it spoils therefore the cauldron is much less useful on hard. That's why I think of the cauldron, I'm not saying nobody should take the cauldron on hell or whatever. Then you respond to me by saying nuh-uh and then you explain to me what the cauldron does, as if I don't know what the cauldron does. Yeah that must be the problem. Hey it didn't help, didn't he read what I just said? Np, I'll give it another shot. Dafuq, still didn't help! Then you roll up your sleeves, spit in your hands and give it another shot. Third time's the charm!

Do you honestly believe I don't know what the cauldron does? I know the mechanics of this game are very obscure and I don't want to belittle your intentions and efforts to help someone with this, but have you ever considered that maybe you don't understand where I'm coming from? This shouldn't be too complex you just need to keep from making too many assumptions for a moment. There is more to consider than just 11 trait points, I never denied anything you said about the cauldron. Just try again and maybe this time you get it. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't or maybe you noticed something that I haven't and wanna tell me, but you don't have to praise me and I don't think it's worthwhile to debate about what is optimal because this game's balance is fundamentally fucked up due to everthing being optional. And winning is without a doubt the least interesting part of this game...

By the way now I also want to ask you. How many herbs do you find each time you enter the woods? I never get more than 3. Is this because of 5.4.4.4? If not then have you considered infiltrating or flat out plundering fishtopiaR? I still haven't figured out how to steal without losing morality, but it doesn't matter all that much because even at 0 morality you can still ride back to Noer where you can buy a fake ID for only 10k TP. Normally I buy my potions but if I had to grind for them It'd be much faster and more profitable grabbing whole potions and joywater than playing tamagochi in the woods.

Last edited:

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Dude, in which world the merchant got infinite amount of goods to trade with ?
Beside, it's an mergency, it's wartime, you don't get to hoard all the goods, especially second class citizens, like Lona.
While this is a fair point, retailers in the real world will usually always order extra for you when they don't have enough in stock. All you need to do is ask. In the real world retailers still function... (for now at least)

Also I would advise against arbitrarily changing things for the sake of realism. This game is already extremely unrealistic in many ways, and the more things get realistic the more realism is expected and things will inevitably conflict/contradict eachother more and more as more changes for the sake of realism are implemented in the game. The expectation for realism also brings attention to contradictions that are already there. For instance Lona's piss attracts goblins, but also cause dirty which raises SCU. So Lona is camouflaging herself with something that attracts enemies from afar. That's a contradiction, but an understandable one because it's a game and because I also watched/read goblin slayer. So there's no problem with it and I pay no further attention to it.

It's a game, that intentionally resembles the real world in a lot of ways, but still a game and not a simulation.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
But thanks for showing me how many ************ it takes to reach level 40.
The way you put that made me laugh out loud.

The version I use is shown in the window title, and I bought cheese and weiners until I figured that I could buy soup as long as I don't let the day end. I wonder what level I could have gotten if I used soup from the start, but it's probably even better to use inn keys after all since by the time you're done using them you could probably give birth at least once.

Watchoni

May 17, 2021
Mostly false. Two meats alone will produce food that will expire quickly. Anything that isn't Smoked or Dry will go off in record time so only use those food items if you really need to top up her SAT.
Here's something that lasts indefinitely: In the cauldron, place two raw meats AND one wood item. This results in one Smoked Meat which has a near infinite shelf life.
You can also use multiples. Let's say you've amassed 20 raw meats and 10 wooden clubs. Toss them all in for 10 Smoked Meats.

Caution: Raw meat will expire when you leave the screen, so only go bunny hunting when you have as many Wooden Clubs as you think you will need.
Do this enough and Lona will be carrying enough meat to satisfy Vikings.
Actually 1 wood is enough for any ammount of meat. Not sure if bug but it works.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
If they are beating you to death it's better to trip and fall and get kidnapped.
You mean this?
slip and fall.png
So this is what slip and fall is for? I thought it was a way of manipulating environmental danger or whatever that even does. I had no idea, and I never would have guessed it was for something as useful as NOT dying. Do you actually "equip" this skill on one of your slots just in case? Have you ever pressed it by accident?

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes