Defaltt

Dec 12, 2020
Hello I'd like to ask for some technical assistance, I am very fucking confused by the main page of the game so I would highly appreciate if someone could answer these questions:
1- Do I just download the game and play it without the translation patch linked or do I need to install it too?
2- Now I'm no pussy, but do the cheats work in any version?

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
What's up with this? This happens when entering and exiting a building at night.

Before:
before.png even more before.png more before.png

After:
after.png even more after.png more after.png

If this is supposed to be the effect of Lona's scoutcraft then it isn't activating properly.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Hello I'd like to ask for some technical assistance, I am very fucking confused by the main page of the game so I would highly appreciate if someone could answer these questions:
1- Do I just download the game and play it without the translation patch linked or do I need to install it too?
2- Now I'm no pussy, but do the cheats work in any version?
1. Extract and overwrite.
2. Start here I guess
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-5-7-0-eccma417.49993/page-68#post-3454872
Cheat mod
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-5-7-0-eccma417.49993/page-418#post-5509166
Debug tool
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Inershal

Aug 7, 2021
I need help here, how do i run this game on joiplay? I tried running it but it crashes on loading screen (game version: Beta.0.5.7.0)

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Fine, Immersion it is, not realism if that is not your preferred word, the more players can immerse into the game the better. Game's supposed to be diffcult, and it will only get harder. My cup of tea btw.
Or are you not playing the game and your version stop at 5.4x now ? The sooner you get used to it the better.

-Game with unlimited inventory (99x of any items in inventory) /vs/ game with limited inventory (15x for heal potions, 10 x for superheal, 5x for mana...etc...) /vs/ game with inventory based on character stats which directly affect character carryweight (like this one we're playing)

^Which one do you prefer ?
It's Immersion man, and no it's not realism (Lona being able to carry 5,6 heavy polearms or 30,40 bombs is not realistic but we still won't bat an eye about it) and it offer management choices and heavily affect your calculation and plans, just like the new barter system.
Still, if eccma chooses to reduce her base carryweight to 60 I would gladly take it. More difficulty more fun for me.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I need help here, how do i run this game on joiplay? I tried running it but it crashes on loading screen (game version: Beta.0.5.7.0)
Sorry, but it it's been reported that Joiplay doesn't work with the newer versions.
The most recent compatible version is 0.5.4.4.

Prost

Jan 27, 2018
I love how people go apeshit over the smallest things here, while most questions stay unanswered lol.
Did someone check the reborn stuff + seewitch quest on 5.7 ?
I see new questions about it every time i check here.
Deep one reborn works for me on 5.7, but i didnt have the time to check the moot reborn (a guy asked about it).

Inershal u need to download 5.4.4 from an older link (check out some pages back in the thread)

Since i didnt have the time to follow much here : Why did our translation hero stop ?

Inershal

Aug 7, 2021
I love how people go apeshit over the smallest things here, while most questions stay unanswered lol.
Did someone check the reborn stuff + seewitch quest on 5.7 ?
I see new questions about it every time i check here.
Deep one reborn works for me on 5.7, but i didnt have the time to check the moot reborn (a guy asked about it).

Inershal u need to download 5.4.4 from an older link (check out some pages back in the thread)

Since i didnt have the time to follow much here : Why did our translation hero stop ?
so i managed to get 0.5.4.4 but when i tried to run it from joiplay it crashes the same way in version 0.5.7.1/0.5.7.0

Nondoody

Aug 19, 2019
Question: Is there already a mod out there to disable lactation?

Lactation is a bit of a squick for me, but I don't want to disable pregnancy entirely.

I am willing to go muddle through the scripting posts I saw earlier in the thread to do it myself, I guess, but I am no programmer so I thought I would ask first in case someone has already solved the problem.

brlolilover

Apr 22, 2020
Question: Is there already a mod out there to disable lactation?

Lactation is a bit of a squick for me, but I don't want to disable pregnancy entirely.

I am willing to go muddle through the scripting posts I saw earlier in the thread to do it myself, I guess, but I am no programmer so I thought I would ask first in case someone has already solved the problem.
If you're ok with just cheats, you should be able to remove lactation with $game_player.actor.remove_state(36) (I haven't confirmed the code, but it was mentioned here before)

edit: the state number was wrong

Last edited:

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
which hillbilly lady and how do you activate it?
If it's the lady that I think the person you've quoted is talking about, it's the matriarch of the family that a quest from Fort Doom wants you to track down and kill. It's at 51x, 50y just south of the fortress.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Fine, Immersion it is, not realism if that is not your preferred word, the more players can immerse into the game the better. Game's supposed to be diffcult, and it will only get harder. My cup of tea btw.
Or are you not playing the game and your version stop at 5.4x now ? The sooner you get used to it the better.

-Game with unlimited inventory (99x of any items in inventory) /vs/ game with limited inventory (15x for heal potions, 10 x for superheal, 5x for mana...etc...) /vs/ game with inventory based on character stats which directly affect character carryweight (like this one we're playing)

^Which one do you prefer ?
It's Immersion man, and no it's not realism (Lona being able to carry 5,6 heavy polearms or 30,40 bombs is not realistic but we still won't bat an eye about it) and it offer management choices and heavily affect your calculation and plans, just like the new barter system.
Still, if eccma chooses to reduce her base carryweight to 60 I would gladly take it. More difficulty more fun for me.
No idea what you're on about, but I hope this answers anything. First of all if my Lona only had 99 good soups I'd consider her in critical need of resupplying.
more than unlimited items.png

Second, I don't have an unlimited inventory, I have exceeded the limit by at least 40 fold. This costs stamina but as you can see I packed plenty of lunches enough to last quite a while.

Third, I'm playing an RPG game as though it were an RPG game. I pick up all the loot I find on my quests and sell it to NPCs when I get back (or whenever I feel like it). What could be more immersive for an RPG than that? Grinding for meagre amounts of food for hours while taking care of a tamagochi? Maybe for others but not for me, and please don't worry about me I'll manage. I haven't even fully explored 5.4.4.4 yet, and if by the time I want to update the merchants are still fucked up I can always mod the game which I already have. There's no need to treat anything I say that isn't overwhelmingly positive as if it were a complaint, it's never more than just my opinion.

Do you know what immersion is? Immersion and realism have very little to do with each other.

Imagine holding something like this. gameboy brick.jpg

While playing something like this. links awakening screenshot.jpg

And experiencing something like this. epic adventure.jpg

That's immersion. There is nothing realistic about a plumber jumping over barrels trying to save his girlfriend, who happens to be a princess, from the clutches of an evil gorilla. Yet it is as immersive as throwing bricks off of a building in order to make full rows.

Here are some things that do not disrupt immersion yet are unrealistic even inside the game's own world
-living rats that spoil inside inventory even though they still run around when dropped
-a worm weighing 10 times a much as a 15k headdress made out of solid gold
-depositing babies in the bank
-wild boars reacting to rocks the same way as human guards, as if it has been hired to guard something
-gifting refugees dirty underwear to a that i picked up from the ground next to him
-refugee rejecting my abomination totem as a gift while still keeping it
-finding turds inside the bank vault
-finding lona's braids and lona's ponytail inside an abandoned convoy
-refugee merchants selling me their food supply in exchange for said hair among other junk
-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL
-looting 3 or even 4 bows from a single goblin archer, as though he's a reincarnation of the cautious hero
-dodging graciously while holding a lantern, but not being able to while holding a shield or a book.
-bottomless lona with cum on her face running around and interacting with npcs without anyone ever batting an eye
-enemies having their stamina depleted due to juicing going for a second round after which they explode splattering tiny pieces everywhere while putting a smile on lona's face
-lanterns vanishing into thin air when placed as the fifth
-the great hare or something? wtf
-goblin slayer
-megumin
-indiana cain
-fus ro dah
-warhammer
-call of duty cannon
-why is there an open prison cell with a treasure chest in arenab1?
-and why do they kill my dog the moment my undetected lona sets foot inside the prison part?
-and shouldn't my dog drop meat?
-game crashes when I agree to vaginal service to females outside victoria square or whatever the name was. error had something to do with a nil value. hmm..

Meet Lona, our "little ghost", cunning enough to trick hordes mindless of hundead into thinking she is one of them. She'd make an absolutely terrifying villain. She breaks into houses, picks the locks of chests that are meant to protect valuable items, breaks out of solid iron restraints, loots the bank vault in broad daylight while entirely undetected, infiltrates any type of fortified locations crawling with armed and trained military personnel while thriving on the blood and lifeforce of her enemies, or almost anything remotely edible really. She's a living legend whose only weakness is slipping and falling asleep in the wrong location, and doesn't die when she is killed.

little ghost.png

Some examples of realism in this game
-Having a protagonist that is willing to do anything, genocide pesticide what's the difference, as long as she gets paid without ever questioning anything she's been told
-Slaves that willingly accept, desire and protect their miserable and abusive slave existence even at the cost of their closest relatives
-Happy merchant's "Staff"
-Milo's death having no impact on anything whatsoever (you only lose a questgiver)
-A morality system that rewards and punishes according to law abidence and functions like a social credit score
-Elise (except for his girly looks)

This realism isn't exactly arbitrary, I'm not telling anyone to stop with things like this. Just don't give me crap like how many items a vendor should have per how many days because realism. Such things should be considered first and foremost based on how they affect the game. What does this extremely limited stock on every vendor achieve for the sake of a better game? Forcing players to grind even when they already have money? Count me out... Sure unique companions not respawning, good. Almosts designs itself for an rpg game like this. If only everything was that easy. Want a challenge? Just play blindfolded and operate the keyboard/controller with your feet. The harder the more fun right.

I'll end with an example of something that is not unrealistic yet completely disrupts immersion.
sothisisnympho.png

This is man-devouring nympho sea witch lilith-lona, whore of babylon, apparently being disgusted at having to hold a detached boar dick for a while to present to the penis tribe as a trophy. It's not the dick tribe or the dicks, it's this kind of lona's reaction that disrupts immersion.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
so i managed to get 0.5.4.4 but when i tried to run it from joiplay it crashes the same way in version 0.5.7.1/0.5.7.0
Maybe it wasn't right to assume I ran this game on joiplay. The actual most recent still working version is mentioned only a couple pages back.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
+1 on which translation here to use for the latest version. Is the main unofficial one or one of the rando translations better? I know the main unofficial one is several versions behind, will adding that to the latest game version cause issues? The warning in the post for it sounds like not using the proper version with it will fuck shit up, so I haven't added it. The base game is really behind on translations and I want to continue on with the game.

No idea what you're on about, but I hope this answers anything. First of all if my Lona only had 99 good soups I'd consider her in critical need of resupplying.
View attachment 1341353

Second, I don't have an unlimited inventory, I have exceeded the limit by at least 40 fold. This costs stamina but as you can see I packed plenty of lunches enough to last quite a while.

Third, I'm playing an RPG game as though it were an RPG game. I pick up all the loot I find on my quests and sell it to NPCs when I get back (or whenever I feel like it). What could be more immersive for an RPG than that? Grinding for meagre amounts of food for hours while taking care of a tamagochi? Maybe for others but not for me, and please don't worry about me I'll manage. I haven't even fully explored 5.4.4.4 yet, and if by the time I want to update the merchants are still fucked up I can always mod the game which I already have. There's no need to treat anything I say that isn't overwhelmingly positive as if it were a complaint, it's never more than just my opinion.

Do you know what immersion is? Immersion and realism have very little to do with each other.

Imagine holding something like this. View attachment 1341350

While playing something like this. View attachment 1341351

And experiencing something like this. View attachment 1341349

That's immersion. There is nothing realistic about a plumber jumping over barrels trying to save his girlfriend, who happens to be a princess, from the clutches of an evil gorilla. Yet it is as immersive as throwing bricks off of a building in order to make full rows.

Here are some things that do not disrupt immersion yet are unrealistic even inside the game's own world
-living rats that spoil inside inventory even though they still run around when dropped
-a worm weighing 10 times a much as a 15k headdress made out of solid gold
-depositing babies in the bank
-wild boars reacting to rocks the same way as human guards, as if it has been hired to guard something
-gifting refugees dirty underwear to a that i picked up from the ground next to him
-refugee rejecting my abomination totem as a gift while still keeping it
-finding turds inside the bank vault
-finding lona's braids and lona's ponytail inside an abandoned convoy
-refugee merchants selling me their food supply in exchange for said hair among other junk
-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO STONE ALL
-looting 3 or even 4 bows from a single goblin archer, as though he's a reincarnation of the cautious hero
-dodging graciously while holding a lantern, but not being able to while holding a shield or a book.
-bottomless lona with cum on her face running around and interacting with npcs without anyone ever batting an eye
-enemies having their stamina depleted due to juicing going for a second round after which they explode splattering tiny pieces everywhere while putting a smile on lona's face
-lanterns vanishing into thin air when placed as the fifth
-the great hare or something? wtf
-goblin slayer
-megumin
-indiana cain
-fus ro dah
-warhammer
-call of duty cannon
-why is there an open prison cell with a treasure chest in arenab1?
-and why do they kill my dog the moment my undetected lona sets foot inside the prison part?
-and shouldn't my dog drop meat?
-game crashes when I agree to vaginal service to females outside victoria square or whatever the name was. error had something to do with a nil value. hmm..

Meet Lona, our "little ghost", cunning enough to trick hordes mindless of hundead into thinking she is one of them. She'd make an absolutely terrifying villain. She breaks into houses, picks the locks of chests that are meant to protect valuable items, breaks out of solid iron restraints, loots the bank vault in broad daylight while entirely undetected, infiltrates any type of fortified locations crawling with armed and trained military personnel while thriving on the blood and lifeforce of her enemies, or almost anything remotely edible really. She's a living legend whose only weakness is slipping and falling asleep in the wrong location, and doesn't die when she is killed.

View attachment 1341381

Some examples of realism in this game
-Having a protagonist that is willing to do anything, genocide pesticide what's the difference, as long as she gets paid without ever questioning anything she's been told
-Slaves that willingly accept, desire and protect their miserable and abusive slave existence even at the cost of their closest relatives
-Happy merchant's "Staff"
-Milo's death having no impact on anything whatsoever (you only lose a questgiver)
-A morality system that rewards and punishes according to law abidence and functions like a social credit score
-Elise (except for his girly looks)

This realism isn't exactly arbitrary, I'm not telling anyone to stop with things like this. Just don't give me crap like how many items a vendor should have per how many days because realism. Such things should be considered first and foremost based on how they affect the game. What does this extremely limited stock on every vendor achieve for the sake of a better game? Forcing players to grind even when they already have money? Count me out... Sure unique companions not respawning, good. Almosts designs itself for an rpg game like this. If only everything was that easy. Want a challenge? Just play blindfolded and operate the keyboard/controller with your feet. The harder the more fun right.

I'll end with an example of something that is not unrealistic yet completely disrupts immersion.
View attachment 1341415

This is man-devouring nympho sea witch lilith-lona, whore of babylon, apparently being disgusted at having to hold a detached boar dick for a while to present to the penis tribe as a trophy. It's not the dick tribe or the dicks, it's this kind of lona's reaction that disrupts immersion.
High quality rant, lol. I haven't gotten to the point in the latest versions where that kind of stuff is much of an issue yet, but I can totally understand it on a longer playthrough. Sounds like the stock could at least use a bit of a buff.

Last edited:

Inershal

Aug 7, 2021
Maybe it wasn't right to assume I ran this game on joiplay. The actual most recent still working version is mentioned only a couple pages back.
That's the actual version I'm using, maybe you can provide the link for that version? One more thing the error method was NoMethodError i got when running this game

Apr 1, 2020
Also why do you carry magic staffs AND high quality weapons, you can't use both because of trait limitation.
This is technically untrue. While the Personality Traits (the three obtainable at level 1) do lock out certain builds (Tough locks out magic and juicing, Timid locks out HQ Weapons and juicing, and Nymphomaniac locks out HQ Weapons and Magic), you can just not take a personality trait if you want access to all three combat styles.

Not sure I'd recommend it since the personality traits do offer some really good buffs worth, all on their own, about 20-ish stat boosts. So an un-specialized Lona is not nearly as strong―but the versatility might be worth it. :unsure:

Reactions: Tektaara and Myha

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
That's the actual version I'm using, maybe you can provide the link for that version? One more thing the error method was NoMethodError i got when running this game
Can you check this one to see if it works for you (0.5.4.0.1):

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes