Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
I tried to get a deep one birth, and I got a human, I was like what, so I reset it and then I realized it says human, but it was deep one -_-

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
Oh, boy - i tried to give this game an honest, earnest shot but the design isn't brutal or hard, it's /senseless/.
I know everyone in this thread is probably a fan of the game and a lot of you have written gameplay loops where you can prosper by picking mushrooms and leaving or cooking, how combat is to be avoided because you're just a random girl, but the game seems to be designed not just to be difficult and get Lona in brutal, sticky situations of lewd and dangerous consequences, it's built to essentially torture Lona to pregnancy, torture, and death no matter what you do or how careful you are.

Like the caravan mission having 15? orcs, plus additional orcs that join after the timer - a series of 1-square wide passages in which orcs block the path, and it takes approximately one hundred and fifty pounds of food to have enough energy to kill a single orc in the early game. Maybe if I managed to get to level 70 or so it might balance out to be even a little sensible, but my god in heaven this game needs some TLC in terms of the balance knobs unless its intentionally supposed to be horrifically irritating (which I cannot imagine it's meant to be).

I understand why there are so many scripts and mods floating around and I think i'll give that a shot for the next few days and see if that makes anything more fun, but a WONDERFUL concept seemed marred, especially in the early game, by devastating and unbalanced resource management and malicious AI (such as serving drinks always ending in your equipment being ripped off and single-frame activation rape and cunnilingus with 0 sexiness and 255 dirt.

Sorry for the vent, but i'm going to honestly and earnestly give moding a shot and want to give it an honest try before I give up, and if i didn't vent, i'd have just deleted the whole thing.

Feb 11, 2021
Oh, boy - i tried to give this game an honest, earnest shot but the design isn't brutal or hard, it's /senseless/.
I know everyone in this thread is probably a fan of the game and a lot of you have written gameplay loops where you can prosper by picking mushrooms and leaving or cooking, how combat is to be avoided because you're just a random girl, but the game seems to be designed not just to be difficult and get Lona in brutal, sticky situations of lewd and dangerous consequences, it's built to essentially torture Lona to pregnancy, torture, and death no matter what you do or how careful you are.

Like the caravan mission having 15? orcs, plus additional orcs that join after the timer - a series of 1-square wide passages in which orcs block the path, and it takes approximately one hundred and fifty pounds of food to have enough energy to kill a single orc in the early game. Maybe if I managed to get to level 70 or so it might balance out to be even a little sensible, but my god in heaven this game needs some TLC in terms of the balance knobs unless its intentionally supposed to be horrifically irritating (which I cannot imagine it's meant to be).

I understand why there are so many scripts and mods floating around and I think i'll give that a shot for the next few days and see if that makes anything more fun, but a WONDERFUL concept seemed marred, especially in the early game, by devastating and unbalanced resource management and malicious AI (such as serving drinks always ending in your equipment being ripped off and single-frame activation rape and cunnilingus with 0 sexiness and 255 dirt.

Sorry for the vent, but i'm going to honestly and earnestly give moding a shot and want to give it an honest try before I give up, and if i didn't vent, i'd have just deleted the whole thing.
it does not take that much energy to kill an orc, I've cleared the arena giant red orc guy with like 6 green potions. I doubt orcs are beefier than him. You must have been using the stick or had some serious debuffs. This game has a tiny MMO like learning curve, it's understandable if you dont want to get good at this particular game.

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
Is there a way to combine the 6.5 English translation (by WorkerB4) with mtl to translate the new additions in 6.6?

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
Someone know if there is a way to do the same with the magician girl fire ball ? She keep killing me everytime x)
DODGE!
dodge.png

No really, dodge. Equip lantern or musket or something and dodge the attacks. From what I understand this companion is very key to beating certain parts of the game at level 1 but to use her you must learn to DOOOOOOOOOODGE!

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
If you can't make it back to the entrance before time runs out then this might be helpful.
One way to do more damage is by lowering your enemies' defense, as demonstrated here.
Saber has the ability to ignore defense entirely, and it is usable at level 15.
Explosives don't require anything to use and are always at full power even at level 1.
Lona can run pretty damn fast.

Your first impression is not uncommon, but nobody I know that has played the game for a while thinks it is difficult. Not on hard difficulty at least.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Is this "The Missing Caravan"?
I always load up on blue potions for this. If you have the time, take out the first archer guard on the platform. Then hide in the small area just off the entrance and let the timer run out. Start pelting the orcs with rocks. Start resting when/if you run out of blue potions. Rest, but don't sleep. Along with blue potions, you'll need a lot of non-perishable foods like Smoked Meat. But there's still no way this quest requires 150lbs of food. I've done it several times.
The reason I do it this way I do is because it's fun watching them rape each other to death. This is only really viable for the orcs blocking the exits, though. For the others, I bring a bow.
There's one or two women in that quest you can rescue as well but it's not really safe to do so until the only ones left are at the ones that trigger the quest end dialogue.

Having Improved Throw for my method also helps. Don't be afraid to drop about 8K on the Saber (need Weapon Mastery to use) or use the Stealth - Place Bomb - Throw Rock tactic.

The mission is tricky but it's not as impossible as it first seems.

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
it does not take that much energy to kill an orc, I've cleared the arena giant red orc guy with like 6 green potions. I doubt orcs are beefier than him. You must have been using the stick or had some serious debuffs. This game has a tiny MMO like learning curve, it's understandable if you dont want to get good at this particular game.
I'm sorry, you needed the [/sarcasm] tag.

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
If you can't make it back to the entrance before time runs out then this might be helpful.
One way to do more damage is by lowering your enemies' defense, as demonstrated here.
Saber has the ability to ignore defense entirely, and it is usable at level 15.
Explosives don't require anything to use and are always at full power even at level 1.
Lona can run pretty damn fast.

Your first impression is not uncommon, but nobody I know that has played the game for a while thinks it is difficult. Not on hard difficulty at least.
You're obviously very versed in the game (including your avatar) so i'm curious - do you know if there is a way to adjust the game's tick speed? I've actually not gotten /any/ editing of any scripts to work thus far, but I think the hardest bit for me is how shockingly fast everything moves. I'm not sure if it's tied to framerate or just programmed to be heinously fast. If I tap [move left] for instance, Lona moves 3-3.5 squares in my game instead of 1. In the time it took me to hit F10 (during testing) when my stamina hit 0, Lona had been groped 3 times, raped twice, and had cunnilingus twice against two orcs.

If it's intended to play faster than Ikaruga or Hades, then I don't think I can physically manage it without adjusting the tick time and/or refresh speed.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm being annoying - i really do wanna give this game a fair chance - but I can't even physically get her sprite to move between two objects without 5-6 tries atm, which I BELIEVE is the part that's frustrating me the most.

FluffyMephit

Mar 13, 2021
You're obviously very versed in the game (including your avatar) so i'm curious - do you know if there is a way to adjust the game's tick speed? I've actually not gotten /any/ editing of any scripts to work thus far, but I think the hardest bit for me is how shockingly fast everything moves. I'm not sure if it's tied to framerate or just programmed to be heinously fast. If I tap [move left] for instance, Lona moves 3-3.5 squares in my game instead of 1. In the time it took me to hit F10 (during testing) when my stamina hit 0, Lona had been groped 3 times, raped twice, and had cunnilingus twice against two orcs.

If it's intended to play faster than Ikaruga or Hades, then I don't think I can physically manage it without adjusting the tick time and/or refresh speed.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm being annoying - i really do wanna give this game a fair chance - but I can't even physically get her sprite to move between two objects without 5-6 tries atm, which I BELIEVE is the part that's frustrating me the most.
It sounds like your game is running uncapped or something.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017

Frame rate. Do something to cap it at 60 at the very highest.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
If I tap [move left] for instance, Lona moves 3-3.5 squares in my game instead of 1. In the time it took me to hit F10 (during testing) when my stamina hit 0, Lona had been groped 3 times, raped twice, and had cunnilingus twice against two orcs.
That doesn't sound right. Does anything look different compared to any videos you can find anywhere here on this forum or elsewhere? When holding the rest skill button how much time is there inbetween the moment lona drops to the ground and the moment she gets up? Is it the same as everyone else? How much time is there inbetween the moment you press the button and the moment lona drops to the ground and also inbetween the moment you release the button and the moment lona gets up? The response should be instantaneous.

The game should limit the framerate to 60 fps. If you press f10 and enter
Code:
msgbox "#{Graphics.frame_rate}"
then it should say exactly 60 and nothing else. If you run the game in windowed mode and press F2 then the game should print your current FPS right next to the window title, but if your game isn't being frame limited it may print the wrong value in which case you may want to compare it with whatever you measured via third party means.

That's all you're getting from me. If you have an actual problem running the game that you cannot fix on your own it would be a lot more convenient to take it to discord and try your luck there.

Btw, just to make sure you ARE experiencing these problems on a fresh extraction that is completely unaltered in any way, right? If the game for some reason doesn't run properly on your machine it will get taken seriously, but noone is gonna like it if the problem turns out to be due to something you did while modding the game. Why even mod the game when you barely started playing? How do you know what you want to mod? How can you know what your mod changed or whether you even installed it correctly?

Last edited:

kib_out

Sep 20, 2021
Hello hardcore! I really want to play hacking this game. Unfortunately, I have a bad situation with the English-speaking Internet and I could not find console commands, coaches, or any codes for the game at all. Do not take my request for impudence,
can anyone advise me on this matter? Does anyone know how, for example, it is not fair to increase the free number of skill points without doing anything? :unsure: Or if this question has already been asked here and an answer has been received, please write me a link to this text.

st0

Dec 7, 2019
Hello hardcore! I really want to play hacking this game. Unfortunately, I have a bad situation with the English-speaking Internet and I could not find console commands, coaches, or any codes for the game at all. Do not take my request for impudence,
can anyone advise me on this matter? Does anyone know how, for example, it is not fair to increase the free number of skill points without doing anything? :unsure: Or if this question has already been asked here and an answer has been received, please write me a link to this text.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-v0-6-6-0-beta-eccma417.49993/post-3454872 has a section on cheats. Scroll down through that post until you find the part that says "Cheats".

Reactions: kib_out

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
The game should limit the framerate to 60 fps.
I thought this might be part of the issue but hard enabled 60fps just to be safe before I even made the original post, but the hotkeys are handy, thanks!

Why even mod the game when you barely started playing? How do you know what you want to mod? How can you know what your mod changed or whether you even installed it correctly?
I played the game for hours (about 4) before I touched anything. It was fast as hell and pretty miserable, and the Health to Stamina ratio made me play in a way that was frustrating and not fun, which is the ideal time to start modding. Set up my secondary partition so I could compare the live game and my altered file to tune stuff

So far the only modding i've done is tweak the initial stamina by +50, and reduced walk speeds on everything by 1-1.3. So far, it plays wonderfully to me. Next up is to see about adjusting the attack and animation speeds specifically for grabs and sex attacks to bring it more in line with physical attacks (because my brain can't synthesize hitting someone with a hunk of wood twice taking the same amount of time as the wonder combo of 2x anal, 1x oral, 2x rape) xD

But I'll not pester the board again about it. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes