Erwindrenn

Feb 11, 2022
Alright, so I finally found where atk and def calculations are determined.

From the main folder you go into modscripts>StatCheckOptimization

Lines 244 and 245 handle atk and def respectively

Personally I changed atk to "(self.combat*1.5) + self.atk_plus" to get 1.5 atk points per combat trait and on def I modified the def line to "(self.survival*0.5) + self.def_plus" that way I got .5 def for every point added to survival

I haven't done a ton of testing to see exactly how easy it makes things at high levels, so I may adjust them down more in the future.

lilnyko

May 30, 2020
I haven't personally made or tested any changes to sex attack, but I believe the formula is in the file data>scripts>editables>150_game_character_battlesexsystem.rb
I would start by changing the line 21 where it says, "($game_player.actor.atk/3)" so I would start by changing that and tesying the changes. KEEP A BACKUP COPY IN CASE IT MESSES UP YOUR GAME SOMEHOW.

I've been making my way through the code the past few days and I think the calculation itself is based off your atk and I haven't found a way to increase gains to it directly without adding atk bonuses to equipment or skills

Hope this helps
Thank you for the help!

lilnyko

May 30, 2020
I haven't personally made or tested any changes to sex attack, but I believe the formula is in the file data>scripts>editables>150_game_character_battlesexsystem.rb
I would start by changing the line 21 where it says, "($game_player.actor.atk/3)" so I would start by changing that and tesying the changes. KEEP A BACKUP COPY IN CASE IT MESSES UP YOUR GAME SOMEHOW.

I've been making my way through the code the past few days and I think the calculation itself is based off your atk and I haven't found a way to increase gains to it directly without adding atk bonuses to equipment or skills

Hope this helps
Unfortunately after a little testing, changing neither values seems to affect damage done to the target, though it might be a mistake on my end.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021

I have watched this video that was posted here a while back and there are a couple issues with it, most notably getting caught (0:48) and also sprinting (0:41) which, even though nothing happened, I wouldn't recommend anyone imitate without knowing the effect.

(0:14) No point in sneaking at this point as none of the npcs are even hostile which, unless you go around caving people's heads in maybe with a big stick, won't happen until entering the back area of the bank. (0:38)
(0:28) No gain from sapping a guard that is so stationary it doesn't even even look around. Not to mention the guard had already woken up by the time he got back (1:03)
(0:33) Unecessary sapping again of completely stationary guard right in front of another guard. Pansy ass wooden door, still being an actual door which always have a tile height of 4 when closed, may have just prevented catastrophe.
bonk in broad daylight.png
(0:40) Sapping a completely stationary guard that never looks behind him. Letting the guard return to his original position would have been much safer, due to the spot behind him never being directly in front of any npcs view at any point.
(0:41) Sprinting, which sets $game_player.scoutcraft to -12 (value shown in save preview) regardless of anything else. This value is only updated once per second and, while it is technically possible to sprint inbetween updates, if you miss the timing then every nearby npc will be able to see lona.
(0:42) Sapping patrolling guard that cannot be sapped until past the vault (or it will block the way) at which point the distance to the vault is so short that sapping doesn't offer anything over the much safer alternative of throwing rocks which don't lose speed when thrown from stealth
(0:48) Spotted by walking right in front of noer citizen staring from accros the counter without sneak, which is something not even a moot wearing sur armor face paint and max dirt can get away with. At least use a rock to make them look away for a second or something before walking back.
(1:08) At this point, assuming the temporary MoralityDown effect has gone by, as (unclearly) indicated by the portrait a few seconds earlier, morality should have been at 25 and thus something had to be done to get past the guard, but personally i would have just thrown a rock. I don't know what it takes to safely sap npcs without repercussion, maybe someone can enlighten me, but afaik there is no rng involved in throwing rocks.

Below is a recorded attempt of my own. Talking to guards in order to show they're not hostile (anymore).

View attachment basic stealth.mp4

If anyone wants to rob the bank on doom, which is basically just hell only far more unforgiving and 1cc challenge (assuming no backups of save file), then maybe it's better to focus less on finding the perfect way to rob the bank and be more concerned with having a backup plan or two in case of failure. In the end I think that's what doom is all about. DDasar mentioned npcs not being able to open doors which I think is very noteworthy.

dwoolfy

Apr 17, 2020
I was looking at making some custom changes to the game and went overboard in some aspects, but in one particular point I thought I would share. In the Game_Actor_inheritance file when you rebirth you gain a flat 5 trait points no matter how many times you rebirth, as well as carrying over your level. I personally disliked both options so I changed it to this.

self.trait_point += 2 + tmpLVL/5 + tmpTP - (tmpLVL-1)
#self.gain_exp(tmpEXP)

This resets your level to 1 which also resets your trait points, but then I made it so you gain 2 points + your level/5 in trait points when you rebirth. Additionally as those are extra trait points you will keep them in following rebirths. For all those who are wanting to keep the high difficulty while also being able to carry trait points over to rebirth after rebirth I would suggest something like this:
self.trait_point += tmpLVL/10 + tmpTP - (tmpLVL-1)
At max level you would only carry over 9 trait points, but it makes it worth it to go through multiple rebirths. Or if you wanted to make it so only your most recent life had full effect you could do this:
self.trait_point += tmpLVL/10 + (tmpTP - (tmpLVL-1))/2 or some other divisor.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
If anyone wants to rob the bank on doom, which is basically just hell only far more unforgiving and 1cc challenge (assuming no backups of save file), then maybe it's better to focus less on finding the perfect way to rob the bank and be more concerned with having a backup plan or two in case of failure. In the end I think that's what doom is all about. DDasar mentioned npcs not being able to open doors which I think is very noteworthy.
The key difference your attempt was done with a lv99 Lona, while in the other person's video he did with with a lv27 Lona.

It's all about doing the same difficult challenge but with the bare minimum possible of tools and it's more impressive that way.

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
The regular mode was already hell, and then comes doom mode. Personally when I almost died in regular mode, I'd go to menu, and reload save. Now you can't even do that, it's either die, or somehow survive. Gotta be extra careful. Also, the food, expires so soon!

I don't know much about how to proceed in doom mode, other then getting the essentials like the cauldron. I'm leveling up by getting the herbs rn.

Anyone know how long the foods last, cooked versions?

FumbiSam

Dec 9, 2021
The regular mode was already hell, and then comes doom mode. Personally when I almost died in regular mode, I'd go to menu, and reload save. Now you can't even do that, it's either die, or somehow survive. Gotta be extra careful. Also, the food, expires so soon!

I don't know much about how to proceed in doom mode, other then getting the essentials like the cauldron. I'm leveling up by getting the herbs rn.

Anyone know how long the foods last, cooked versions?
they last fucking nothing, specially soups
if you want food that never rots you need to make dried meals (x2 vegetable/fruit x1 log) or smoked meat (x2 meat x1 log)

Wowadoo

Jun 28, 2020
they last fucking nothing, specially soups
if you want food that never rots you need to make dried meals (x2 vegetable/fruit x1 log) or smoked meat (x2 meat x1 log)
Well Fu*k. Not even 2 days, thats bull. I mean I expected the dried meals to last longer, but if they're indefinite that's fine...
-_-

WonderOfGujira

Jan 20, 2022
Hey guys, does anyone have an accurate english translation patch? Or is MTL the only available one for this version? I'm playing with MTL, and it's a bit of a rough translation.

Apr 1, 2020
Reactions: WonderOfGujira

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
The key difference your attempt was done with a lv99 Lona, while in the other person's video he did with with a lv27 Lona.

It's all about doing the same difficult challenge but with the bare minimum possible of tools and it's more impressive that way.
He 'did' it? He got caught, dude. And if I did the exact same as him I would have gotten caught as well, maybe even earlier because my movement speed is lower. If you don't sneak it doesn't matter how many trait points you put in scoutcraft, so where would that have been key, exactly? Please be specific, because the video already has little to nothing to do with doom and I only meant to illustrate my point with my own attempt.

Reactions: PixelLewd

tpopop

Feb 26, 2020
Can I get some help? I'm trying to get it to English, but I'm having trouble.

Can't seem to find any option ingame(as it's all in another language). Tried the 0.6.5 ENG patch, but that didn't do anything. Then I tried finding a download of 0.6.5 so that patch will have the exact same version, but it's seemingly gone. I can only find downloads for 0.6.6

• Thinking Face
Reactions: XDHGX

XDHGX

Feb 21, 2018
Can I get some help? I'm trying to get it to English, but I'm having trouble.

Can't seem to find any option ingame(as it's all in another language). Tried the 0.6.5 ENG patch, but that didn't do anything. Then I tried finding a download of 0.6.5 so that patch will have the exact same version, but it's seemingly gone. I can only find downloads for 0.6.6
you can change the language in the main menu screen. Where the button layout's setting.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
you can change the language in the main menu screen. Where the button layout's setting.
Or with a quick, two-second .ini edit.

tpopop, open the game.ini file in a text editor and look for the line that probably reads Language=CHT and change it to read Language=ENG. Then save and exit. This is essentially what the in-game option does as well, but it's MUCH faster.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes