SVenom

Jul 13, 2020
I need some help. Playing on joiplay, with 0.7.1.6, and can't seem to press any button when I get to the main menu. I turned on the experimental features like what someone said in a post earlier, but it only fixed the issue of getting past the press z to continue screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Aug 11, 2021
So, I am trying to understand why Adam doesn't recognize Lona when they all meet up for the hijack quest...

I helped Adam in Doom Fortress. Then I warned him about Milo and the assassination. And yet, the wrong text gets called by the code.

I would think that in the textfile "TagMapCecilyHijack.txt" the line: "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0" where adam recognize Lona should be called.

Instead the code calls for: "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t1" where Adam has no clue about who Lona is and even mistakes Lona for Cecily.

I didn't think much of it in my first play through, but this time around I did.

This must be a bug. Eccma! Plz fix!

Edit: I found the code in "\Data\HCGframes\event\CecilyHijack0_ThunderFlash.rb" and the lines 60-61. I switched "AdamAlive0_t0" to "AdamAlive0_t1" and vice versa and that sure enough calls the "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0" line instead where Adam recognize Lona. I have no idea if this is the fix or not.

Edit: I think it is a true fix. Looking in the code some more and also in the "GameLona.ini" ACH "RecQuestAdam_6=1" makes me believe it should be
"call_msg("TagMapCecilyHijack:QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0") if $story_stats["RecQuestAdam"] >= 1" and nothing else.

Last edited:

doedeldorf

Dec 27, 2019
While this game is certainly the best I've played in terms of story, immersion and gameplay (if you're into survival stuff) it seems to be made by an absolute madman lol

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: heerwa2
Aug 11, 2021
Nice, thanks. That's a cool location and bossfight too, I wonder if it'll eventually have a quest associated with it.
Maybe.. The name could very well indicate some future story with the gods and someone who will need some slaying.. Who knows what plans eccma417 holds in his chaotic creative mind..

BTW, I found the weapon to be a bit too hefty but at the same time weak.. The spin attack could be twice as powerful. It also says uninterupted attack, but the truth is enemies can hit you as much as they like while you spin slash them. As if it didn't even hurt.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Abomination Boss Mama is crazy strong!
Given the sound the Katana makes in the preview video makes, it sounds like someone's taught Lona Iaido.

Aug 11, 2021
Abomination Boss Mama is crazy strong!
Given the sound the Katana makes in the preview video makes, it sounds like someone's taught Lona Iaido.
Ukenagashi! Morote-tsuki!
Would be funny to see a Hatori Hanzo reference in the game.. Like some old dude gives the sword to Lona because reasons..

I wish I could see those vids though.

aloe752123

Jan 25, 2020
I "Juiced" a goblin guard. He ran out of Stamina and fell to the floor. I had around ~30 stamina left. Not enough to take out the two remaining guards. Fortunately, His two guard friends both tried to bang their fallen comrade, leading to them fighting each other, leaving the winning guard bruised battered and ready to be juiced. 10/10 great RPG.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
What the heck happened to this game, I last played on a version where you could rush to the exit & teleport your allies to you; now you can't do that & some are slow as shit & you get blocked often. I feel like the missions were not amended to reflect the change so I had to cheese skill points to make it plausible.

The game in general feels harder too.

I know it's supposed to be a tough game but some parts feel like utter bullshit requiring save scumming due to nonsense.

Are there any cheats/mods to bring back the old call allies/teleport thing or just edit their hp values; I feel their a.i is a bit suicidal.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Picking up lona again and gonna try to build up the mod a bit :) saw a few posts of other people modding some things, so I'm gonna try and add them (toggleable) into the mod

My goal is to make it easy to use and easy to undo cheats, so you can try stuff out, get some training wheels early on, then stop relying on it over time

Let me know what people want (and I'm gonna try to fix the item no-despawn feature)

PS: please quote reply so I get a notification if you have suggestions
Ally immortal
Ally teleport to you.
Change Lona status (sperm, pee on her etc...)
Fix broken features like no friendly fire.

Aug 11, 2021
What the heck happened to this game, I last played on a version where you could rush to the exit & teleport your allies to you; now you can't do that & some are slow as shit & you get blocked often. I feel like the missions were not amended to reflect the change so I had to cheese skill points to make it plausible.

The game in general feels harder too.

I know it's supposed to be a tough game but some parts feel like utter bullshit requiring save scumming due to nonsense.

Are there any cheats/mods to bring back the old call allies/teleport thing or just edit their hp values; I feel their a.i is a bit suicidal.
Save scummming..? Are you telling us you play the game on.. Hard only..? ;)
Joke aside, you can use the rally trumpet skill to get your allies to come to you.. And as far as I know you can still run to the edge of a map and exit and your allies should follow you on the over world map. But, then again I have only had followers on missions.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes