Of_Ill_Omens

Apr 10, 2023
Anyone know when will this get out of beta hell?
Not anytime soon. The game's mostly made by solo dev and suffers a bit of a scope creep, there's updates every month but half of them are adding things previously unexpected instead of finishing things that were already planned.
That said, the game as-is already has more content than many "finished" projects. A single run with all non-repeatable quests should take like 20-30 hours (depending on playstyle and how quickly you get your bearings). Twice as much when getting into Rebirth (essentially New Game+), alternative paths on some of the quests, and hunting for achievements (some are kinda grindy).

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Dont expect anything from the dev, he is a troll,he has no roadmap planned, he gonna do what he wants to do, and if people tocuhes his balls a lot, he gonna do the contrary of what people want him to do.

sirlurxalot

Sep 9, 2021
Kind of a random question, but most probably computers will be getting more expensive (Taiwan produces most of the world's semiconductors), and China won't be getting it as Taiwan said they'd sabotage the machinery and data themselves if China invades.

The machines making the machines that make the semiconductors are produced by a Dutch company, not a Taiwanese one, so if China fails to get the tech intact it's useless to them, and then they'll likely get hit with Russia-grade sanctions. And they've got problems enough of their own ("Let it rot", property market imploding which is affecting the banks etc.) so that would not be something they would be ready to deal with at the moment.

Unless you meant what would happen to the game, and i've managed to completely misunderstand.
Yea, i did mean the game, but that take was 1000% more informative and useful

Reactions: Penitensary

Fuckboyinc

Jul 6, 2022
I got this error upon entering the game on joiplay and it kicked me out, and I'm clueless about what caused it. Here's the error log if anyone knows what causes the error

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
I want to know what people here think of the trait/skill you can learn. especially the personality type and which one is preferred. With how weak Lona is at fighting, I feel like raising combat skill isn't viable at all and that goes for any trait that increases ATK as well. From what I've experienced, going scoutcraft seems to be the better choice. Wisdom, spawns more herbs but also gives you more dialogue option as well which is quite nice as they can lead to getting more items. But yeah, just wondering what people here think about this

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Yeah. For me, one of the first things i do is get Scoutcraft to 3 (Stealth!) and then try and get Survival to 10 to grab Dark Cauldron. That way, in the forest you can combine 2 food into Vegetable Soup which keeps a lot better. The sustainability means that you can repeatedly leave and reenter the same rainforest square, harvesting every food item there along with the white dragon weeds, cook everything you found into food and then repeat the process. And because you're not actually moving squares, time isn't passing as much as it would otherwise have.

Then, when satisfied, head back to town to dump all the white dragon weeds you picked up along the way for a nice stack of coins. That along with a stack of stew should set you up nicely for whatever it is you want to do next. The increase in forage in other locations doesn't exactly hurt either.

Last edited:

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Yeah. For me, one of the first things i do is get Scoutcraft to 3 (Stealth!) and then try and get Survival to 10 to grab Dark Cauldron. That way, in the forest you can combine 2 food into Vegetable Soup which keeps a lot better. The sustainability means that you can repeatedly leave and reenter the same rainforest square, harvesting every food item there along with the white dragon weeds, cook everything you found into food and then repeat the process. And because you're not actually moving squares, time isn't passing as much as it would otherwise have.

Then, when satisfied, head back to town to dump all the white dragon weeds for a nice stack of coins. That along with a stack of stew should set you up nicely for whatever it is you want to do next. The increase in forage in other locations doesn't exactly hurt either.
I'm playing on 0.7.9.1 so stealth unlocks at 4 and you no longer need survival at 10 to unlock dark cauldron since you already have it from the start. At survival 10 you do unlock access to better food though. But yes, these 2 stats seems a lot more convenient for survival. Are you playing on hell or doom difficulty or on a different version?

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I'm playing on 0.7.9.1 so stealth unlocks at 4 and you no longer need survival at 10 to unlock dark cauldron since you already have it from the start. At survival 10 you do unlock access to better food though. But yes, these 2 stats seems a lot more convenient for survival. Are you playing on hell or doom difficulty or on a different version?
Yeah, been a while since i played so that was from... a lot of versions ago. 0.4 i think :p

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I got this error upon entering the game on joiplay and it kicked me out, and I'm clueless about what caused it. Here's the error log if anyone knows what causes the error
Looks to me like you are missing files. It's trying to load mood data but can't. Try a clean install of the game version (make sure it's a full archive and not a patch as patches are installed differently)

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
I realized there's quite a lot of small areas I've passed through and never visited. One of them being the evil dragon house. After visiting it, I'm honestly just confused. It's a blatant jab at something political with 0 subtlety or whatever. Hell, even the character sprite looks like those wojak caricatures. It basically took me out of the game as I sat there for a moment just puzzled as to why it's a thing here in the first place. I can't tell if the dev just wanted to fuck with people or was annoyed at this specific topic and added it in to vent about it or whatever the fuck.

I'm not gonna dig deeper than this as I'm not about to analyze politics in an H game, let alone something I'm not going to care about after a few hours. I'm still very confused right now though.

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
I realized there's quite a lot of small areas I've passed through and never visited. One of them being the evil dragon house. After visiting it, I'm honestly just confused. It's a blatant jab at something political with 0 subtlety or whatever. Hell, even the character sprite looks like those wojak caricatures. It basically took me out of the game as I sat there for a moment just puzzled as to why it's a thing here in the first place. I can't tell if the dev just wanted to fuck with people or was annoyed at this specific topic and added it in to vent about it or whatever the fuck.

I'm not gonna dig deeper than this as I'm not about to analyze politics in an H game, let alone something I'm not going to care about after a few hours. I'm still very confused right now though.
Reason is simple - idiots who champion that idiocy ie. trans delusions, often harass Eccma. So, at one point - when those freaks (harassers) went way to much - he responded with that thing you encountered.

Last edited:
Reactions: battleguy

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Reason is simple - idiots who champion that idiocy ie. trans delusions, often harass Eccma. So, at one point - when those freaks (harassers) went way to much - he responded with that thing you encountered.
Fuck, seriously? That's just unfortunate. What even brought them onto him? Dude posting his beliefs on social media or something? Sucks that it got to this point

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Leftism is a mental illness that brings only chaos to every society that adopts it. Don't believe me? Look at the West then make a comparrison to Central and Eastern Europe when it comes to stability of society and order. Also Leftist people are absolutely toxic, brainwashed and juvinile to the point that communication is impossible. They will threaten your life and your loved ones. Such a thing to exist in the 21st century is baffling.
This is a very dangerous sect and Eccma is justified in ridiculing it. We need more people that speak up against evil.
Dude, take that shit to twitter. I'm too busy trying to optimize my playthrough to make sure I see everything (that's translated) while staying a virgin.

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
Fuck, seriously? That's just unfortunate. What even brought them onto him? Dude posting his beliefs on social media or something? Sucks that it got to this point
Its a long-term problem for him from what I can understand. He does not have any social media that I know of either, like Twitter, Facebook etc. (at least not publicly). He does have a discord though.

As such, I dont think he does showcase his political beliefs publicly, at least on english speaking sites. Outside of him being Taiwan indepedence activist. Even then that is just a single screen at the start of the game anyway.

Some of his harassers go after him, apparently, because of Lona being a loli in a h-game and all that shit that is associated with it.

However, other artists who deal with such subjects (like Japanese) dont have to deal with such shit constantly - make of that what you want.

They took his patreon and he also lost dlsite as a site for his game. And his discord often gets banned so that i a reason why he choose to keep it as a pay-walled link.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Its a long-term problem for him from what I can understand. He does not have any social media that I know of either, like Twitter, Facebook etc. (at least not publicly). He does have a discord though.

As such, I dont think he does showcase his political beliefs publicly, at least on english speaking sites. Outside of him being Taiwan indepedence activist. Even then that is just a single screen at the start of the game anyway.

Some of his harassers go after him, apparently, because of Lona being a loli in a h-game and all that shit that is associated with it.

However, other artists who deal with such subjects (like Japanese) dont have to deal with such shit constantly - make of that what you want.

They took his patreon and he also lost dlsite as a site for his game. And his discord often gets banned so that i a reason why he choose to keep it as a pay-walled link.
Yeah I can see the reason of all of that being from how young Lona looks. There are quite the number of people who are fully against such a thing and will go out of their way to condemn others for as long as they're able to. I don't condone such a thing as I believe everyone has their own views and should be entitled to it. It only becomes a problem when one starts forcing their views onto another, as most things will have people who take their belief to the extreme and drown those who are just looking for their own peace and what not. Does this count as political? I hope I'm not going too far with this.

Still, it is strange for him to get targeted when he doesn't even have a social media. and for h-game enjoyers, I would have thought that people would be more accepting of the weird and strange and taboo things, or at least realize and respect that they will always exist in this world. If those harassers had that much power, I would expect for a lot of things to get taken down and banned on DLsite and other similar places. Either way, shit sucks, and I hope things will get better in the future.

I'll try to stop this topic here as I've stated what I want and am not interested in going further. and so, to bring it back to the game, God, I hope he adds a purchasable map soon and make traveling a bit easier. I'm so scared of walking around, not having a single fucking clue where interesting things may be at because of the stamina, and resources and shit. At some point I'm just gonna enable a bunch of cheats just to scout out everything in this game.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes