anonbaggins

Mar 20, 2019
Long Live the Princess Walkthrough/guide and cheat mod

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough/guide, please let me know. Or if you want something added to the cheat menu, I will look into it and see if it's possible to add.

Version 1.0.0 [Completed]

Walkthrough Link: MEGA

Cheat install: Copy the game folder inside your game's main folder. Overwrite if asked.

Update 29/11: Achievements have now been added to the WT.

Update 01/12: Made the guide much shorter by putting more actions on the same lines. And updated a few achievements, which could be completed differently than stated.

Update 1. 01/12: Have made a small cheat mod:
You get the option to change your starting stats right after starting a new game (changed in update 3, now you can also change stats at any time of the day at MC's home after prologue), and there is now an option to gain the perversity bonus and to dispel the ability drain from the Leanan Sídhe at MC's home at any time of the day.

Update 2. 01/12: Fixed the issue with the mod, now you will get the bonus and dispel the ability drain immediately. (y):D

Update 3. 01/12: Added a new cheats menu "button", (unfortunately only accessible) from MC's home, but it's available at any time of the day. Added many new cheats to the menu. (If you want something else added I can try and see if it's possible, just pm me or comment) (y)
The menu will disappear if you have everything "activated". But don't worry if you can't see it at some point, it will show up again.. I promise!! :D

Update 02/12: Added a small bug fix to the main game.
And has now made another mod with an additional "hidden" cheat (It's really not that hidden) :ROFLMAO: but it's mostly for fun I guess, download it if you want. :)
Fixed minor issue for stat cheats in NG+

Update 30/12: Added my Primrose stats guide, which I forgot to add.. :eek:

BTW the cheat mod should be compatible with any old saves!! I haven't had any problems so far, but say something if you hit any snags. :)
How do you add the cheat mod to the Mac version? Can't seem to figure it out.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
How do you add the cheat mod to the Mac version? Can't seem to figure it out.
The usual way for Ren'Py games: copy the contents of the mod into the folder called game inside the Mac app.
(Right click app, show package contents, navigate to /Contenst/Resourcs/autorun/game) Overwrite when needed.
I strongly advise to make a duplicate of the app first before you start modyfing it.
Background: a Mac app is actually a folder masquerading as a file.

Reactions: anonbaggins

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
The usual way for Ren'Py games: copy the contents of the mod into the folder called game inside the Mac app.
(Right click app, show package contents, navigate to /Contenst/Resourcs/autorun/game) Overwrite when needed.
I strongly advise to make a duplicate of the app first before you start modyfing it.
Hi, can I link to your post, in my post, so others who end up having problems with Mac can use it? Cause i know nothing about Mac's that's kinda why I don't have a installation guide for it :D

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Hi, can I link to your post, in my post, so others who end up having problems with Mac can use it? Cause i know nothing about Mac's that's kinda why I don't have a installation guide for it :D
BEWARE: To merge folders on a Mac, *hold down the option key while copying*.
TLDR: You need to merge the two folders. On windows, merge is the default action when you drag a folder into a place where there's already a folder with that name. The mac, by default, clobbers the old folder and replaces it with the folder you're moving, because Apple hates your data and wants to destroy it.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Sure, go ahead. Maybe saves me from typing this over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: JDoeDude and cxx

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
You need to merge the two folders. The mac, by default, clobbers the old folder and replaces it with the folder you're moving, because blah blah blah
I did not mention merging anyhere. Instead I said copy the contents of the folder into the other folder. When I replace a folder, I expect it to be replaced, content et al. Actually, I find the Windows default annoying as hell. To each his own I guess.

TrainGuy

Apr 21, 2022
I'm kinda stuck I think.
I'm on day 40 and just unlocked the probe memory spell.. but there is no one to use it on.
Or I don't know when and how.

And everything else doesn't progress anything.

I've got only Nells last, Evelyns last and the Crone secret to solve but there are no clues to find and the ones I've got don't help.

Is there a walkthrough?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I'm kinda stuck I think.
I'm on day 40 and just unlocked the probe memory spell.. but there is no one to use it on.

I've got only Nells last, Evelyns last and the Crone secret to solve but there are no clues to find and the ones I've got don't help.

Is there a walkthrough?
Try talking to the Crone some more.

If this isnt enough,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you need more,

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I'm kinda stuck I think.

Is there a walkthrough?
There's a link to my guide and to a walkthrough in the first post of this thread.

That said...
Nell: Talk to Samarra. "Talk about Samarra" repeatedly. The story is in multiple parts and you need to hear the entire thing. As long as the "talk about samarra" option is there, there's a chunk you haven't heard yet. If Samarra says she doesn't trust you enough to tell you the next bit, you have to do something to impress her. For instance: Show her your crime solving prowess by keeping Primrose out of jail, land a blow on her in practice, finally defeat her in a fight. The last chunk that she will tell you is the story of how she adopted Nell. You now have two clues that are about Nell and feature Nell's portrait in the clue interface - one that she's part fey, and one that's about who her fey parent is. With that info in hand, go talk to the Fairy queen about her vision. Using the info you got from Samarra, solve the puzzle (the vision is *not about the MC*). Offer up those two clues I mentioned, and the FQ will tell you another clue, and give you a quest to complete (regarding, you guessed it, Nell).

Once you have that quest from the FQ, you have two clues that seem to contradict each other, one from Samarra and one from the Fairy queen. That's all you need to reveal Nell's final secret, but you have to solve a multiple choice thingie during the secret reveal - just remember that both clues are 100% true, and that you will have to present one of the clues twice. ,

Evelyn:
Eat with her twice. The second time, she tells you something that is a clue. With that, find out about where the town keeps its family records (Because the MC is very dumb, you need to ask Primrose to learn those are kept at city hall). Now solve the other really annoying puzzle in the game (you need to compare vital dates in order to learn that someone is supposed to have been born years after one of their parents died). Then talk to Aldred to learn the full story (you'll have to reveal his secret and remove his inhibition, but it's very straightforward). Once you have the full story, you have the one and only clue you need to reveal Evelyn's secret.

Crone:
Save the game, go and try to reveal her secret. The dialog during the secret reveal gives you very specific hints every step of the way for which clue you need to present next. There are *several* clues that you have picked up here and there throughout the game. But, don't do it before you have visited Leanan Sidhe for a third time (and been saved from being killed by a fatal orgasm). The two clues that are easiest to miss are: you need to have seen the naked woman bathing in the river in the afternoon, and you need to have read about the royal family and then asked Thaddeus to tell you more about the princess's sibling.

Reactions: DerpyDeeDoo

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Long Live the Princess cheat mod (and gallery unlocker)

Updated Juli 5, 2023

Added a new cheat mod including a gallery unlocker where you can choose who you want to unlock, instead of all just being unlocked.

The gallery unlocker is used from the cheat menu at the MC's house, not directly in the gallery itself.

Version 1.0.1 [Completed]

If you want something added to the cheat mod, I will look into it and see if it's possible to add.

The cheat mod and the gallery unlocker are compatible with old saves.

Last edited:

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Long Live the Princess cheat mod

If you want something added to the cheat mod, I will look into it and see if it's possible to add.

The cheat mod is compatible with old saves.

You realize, of course, that you can at the very most spend 103 coins in a regular game, and 113 coins plus one per day in a NG+ game?

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
You realize, of course, that you can at the very most spend 103 coins in a regular game, and 113 coins plus one per day in a NG+ game?
Yes I do, but it's just a number I decided on, because then you won't get the cheat to pop up again after using it once, so it's gone and you won't have to think about coins again :D

And you can actually use 1000 coins if you really want to, just play without time limit and visit agnes everyday for 1000 days :D

Last edited:

DerpyDeeDoo

May 7, 2021
I just wanted to say great job on this game. It had a great story that was worth playing, even without all the sex (although that was nice as well, like icing on a cake). I really loved some of the gameplay mechanics, such as the clue system. It reminded me of the old adventure games that used a keyword system, but I actually prefer the clues due to their ambiguity and potential application in many different contexts. And their interactions with skill checks added some nice rpg elements that really encouraged character progression. I really hope to see more games like this one.

Json0607

Nov 26, 2022
Long Live the Princess Walkthrough/guide and a guide for Primrose's stats

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough/guide, please let me know.

Moved the cheat mod to a new post to make it easier: https://f95zone.to/threads/long-live-the-princess-v1-0-0-belle.5259/post-9767122
I can't ask Evelyn for a pair of panties on Day 5 Friday
How can I solve this?
(I initiated the cheat mode, so I cannot train courage.)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes