xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
View attachment 2575244
After clicking the first clue the invade mide spell just end if I cast again and put the 2nd clue same again and cannot cast 3rd time
If you ask me you're missing one clue the "Primerose gave the books to her father" you get that one by talking to her, iirc (has been months since I played this game last time)

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
If you ask me you're missing one clue the "Primerose gave the books to her father" you get that one by talking to her, iirc (has been months since I played this game last time)
The last one is not a clue, the MC has to guess why, and there are 3 options at that point, whereas the one with the father is one of them :)

Reactions: xapican

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Now what should I do.I am copying the walkthrough perfectly but I am not getting anything
I can't quite understand why you say that you get to the point where "her mental walls come back up", it shouldn't happen if you present the clues in the correct order, then you should proceed with the "Remove Inhibitions"

However you don't have to cast Invade Mind on her three times, only once.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Now what should I do.I am copying the walkthrough perfectly but I am not getting anything
Look, don't take this the wrong way, but if all you want to do is see the animations and such, just save yourself some time and use the Gallery Unlock mod found on the first page.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Did you have enough interactions with Primerose ? (trust points) you should, if you followed Nishkas WT, but that is the only scenario I can imagine why it fails.

dustbeen43

Feb 19, 2023
I've followed the guide but on day 40, I don't have the "Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter". I've just noticed that the walkthourgh is for the 1.0.0 version and the game host on the first post is the 1.0.1 version. As anyone as a solution for this ? Thanks in advance !

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I've followed the guide but on day 40, I don't have the "Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter". I've just noticed that the walkthourgh is for the 1.0.0 version and the game host on the first post is the 1.0.1 version. As anyone as a solution for this ? Thanks in advance !
Did you talk to "Thorn" or did she tell you about her Mother ? and did you continue talking with Samara ? about Nell ?
as for the versions they were only technical Updates, there was nothing added or removed concerning the Story any way both Nishka and Glaurung did update their respective WT/ Guide

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
I'll make a speedrun at some point soon, just to check if Belle changed anything, but as far as I know it was only bugfixes and stuff like that, which was changed in the last version. :)

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Did you have enough interactions with Primerose ? (trust points) you should, if you followed Nishkas WT, but that is the only scenario I can imagine why it fails.
As far as I know, there isn't a minimum "trust/love/affection/whatever" required to do any "Invade Mind" spells. There are for some stuff you need to do to get the clues needed for the "Invade Mind" to be successful, but not for the actual spell cast :)

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
The walkthrough only works if you are able to follow it precisely and exactly without any errors. Since you are not a robot, you must have missed an action along the way. Which is why I wrote my guide.

The TLDR is that you need to have learned the story of Nell's origin from Samarra. That's the "talk about Samarra" option in her tent. She tells the story in chunks, so select the option repeatedly until it disappears. The bit you need is the very last chunk. If she says something like "I don't trust you enough to tell you that," you need to do something to impress her (usually combat-related) to learn the next bit. Only after you have learned the full story do you get the clue that you need.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
You're mixing up Primrose's relationship path (and asking for underwear) which involve trust points, with revealing her secrets (which doesn't).

Reactions: xapican

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Well something was changed somewhere in there, but not related to the part with Nell, however there was a difference with Callie "solo path", so I've now updated the WT/Guide for the new version.

But as it has been mentioned, it seems you have forgotten to "Talk with Samarra" all you can, when she has nothing left the option will disappear.

Reactions: Reij

SidRay

Jan 10, 2019
I'm following the walkthrough while playing the game and on Day 20 it says:

Night
The library → Go to the writing room → Try to make sense …

Nothing happens when I go there and subsequently whenever I go there following the walkthrough's instructions nothing happens, even when the walkthrough says

Night
The library → Go to the writing room → Lean the Probe …

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If only people played the game the way it was designed to play, it sounds like they'd have way fewer problems with it. The common denominator for the problems is: "I followed a walkthrough."

How about not following a walkthrough?

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I'm following the walkthrough while playing the game and on Day 20 it says:

Night
The library → Go to the writing room → Try to make sense …

Nothing happens when I go there and subsequently whenever I go there following the walkthrough's instructions nothing happens, even when the walkthrough says

Night
The library → Go to the writing room → Lean the Probe …

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That room is where you learn additional spells. If you already know those spells (because you are playing NG+ or have used the cheat mod), then there's nothing to do there.

Reactions: Power Lord

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
If only people played the game the way it was designed to play, it sounds like they'd have way fewer problems with it. The common denominator for the problems is: "I followed a walkthrough."

How about not following a walkthrough?
The modern fad for calling a script of someone else's playing of the game a "walkthrough" is a blight.
Yes, writing an old-fashioned FAQ is harder, but a FAQ empowers the reader instead of leading them blindly along, encouraging them to never think and then leaving them high and dry the moment they make a mistake.

dustbeen43

Feb 19, 2023
I'll make a speedrun at some point soon, just to check if Belle changed anything, but as far as I know it was only bugfixes and stuff like that, which was changed in the last version. :)
Ok on day 35 I've not talk enough to Samarra (once instead of the 3 required) that was my issue. Except that there was no isse from you Nishka in this Playthrough.

glaurung you were right, it was a mistake on my part.

Belle I've play once without Playthrough but it doesn't goes well. I miss some details. The all point of a Playthrough is to discover every aspect of the game, every detail the player could have avoided. But if you play the game with a playthrough for the very first time I'm 100% OK with your concern.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nishka
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes