qwalker1954

Nov 27, 2020
Hi. I love this game, and played it through quite some time ago. I just decided to go through it again, and most of it is coming back to me. I have looked at a walkthrough, but I am getting stuck on getting the option to look at records. Can anyone tell me what triggers this? Thanks in advance!

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Hi. I love this game, and played it through quite some time ago. I just decided to go through it again, and most of it is coming back to me. I have looked at a walkthrough, but I am getting stuck on getting the option to look at records. Can anyone tell me what triggers this? Thanks in advance!
The second time you dine with Evelyn, you learn that there's an issue for her with family (subscribestar: with her parents, patreon: with her boyfriend's family), and your character gets the idea to check the family records. You can then ask Primrose about family records to learn that they're stored in City Hall.

Reactions: Fauno36

qwalker1954

Nov 27, 2020
The second time you dine with Evelyn, you learn that there's an issue for her with family (subscribestar: with her parents, patreon: with her boyfriend's family), and your character gets the idea to check the family records. You can then ask Primrose about family records to learn that they're stored in City Hall.
Many thanks for this information - I really appreciate it!

Devronman

Nov 25, 2018
Look, I'm going to be short and, unfortunately, somewhat curt in my reply here since I'm currently suffering from burnout that, frankly, isn't particularly compatible with this kind of discussion. It takes effort for me to engage in this kind of thing at the time of writing, hence the late reply.

You imply that I'm "reading" the setting and characters. No, I'm not. I created, wrote, and had them live rent-free in my head for years. I'm not interpreting them. My view of how they act and think is the absolute truth by default. You can accuse them of being poorly written since that is a matter of personal opinion. But to claim, or even imply, that my realization of them is wrong is absurd.

You would have written these characters and part of this story differently. Okay. That's fine by me. It doesn't change how I wrote them and how I decided to leave their stories behind as I moved on to other projects. I'm happy with the current state of Long live the Princess.

So, you are unfortunately correct in that this isn't a discussion that I want to get into. I see no value in it. You are more than welcome to interpret and critique this game and its contents to your heart's content. Heck, if you want to call them the worst-written and most poorly realized characters in adult video gaming, then be my guest. But to say that I don't fully understand my own characters? I suspect you didn't quite think that argument through.
Very sorry to hear you are suffering from burnout, you do amazing work and I hope you will find a path to recovery.

Reactions: MaxRichard

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
I ended up checking my files, and I had it downloaded from before. It still seems to work, but I don't know which version it is.
The folder inside the zip file will tell you what version it is. Mine is "LongLiveThePrincess-1.0.1-pc"
Or the Folder it's stored in when it's extracted.

LeprousMaw

Feb 1, 2022
The folder inside the zip file will tell you what version it is. Mine is "LongLiveThePrincess-1.0.1-pc"
Or the Folder it's stored in when it's extracted.
I don't seem to have a zip file of the mod. I do have the zip file for the game, in 1.0.1. The cheat mod only shows as Cheat_mod.rpy and .rpyc.

4.60 star(s) 375 Votes