Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Great game, good potential.
Keep it up man.
Thank you!

I'm hoping to get version 0.15 out for patrons today. There's a bit of work remaining, but I think I can do it. I'm very pleased with what's in there, despite only working on it for 11 days.

It's been only two weeks since I released the first version, but it feels like two months.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.15 is now out for patrons. Hopefully, this one shouldn't include any bugs like the ones we saw in 0.10, but let me know if you come across any. I'll have to go to bed soon, but I'll fix anything that crops up tomorrow.

0.15 features a bunch of new scenes for Callie, the tailor.

Edit: Here's the changelog, for those who don't have access to the post on my Patreon:

- New scenes for Callie's store (featuring more than 75 new images).
- Rollback is now enabled. Previous choices are locked.
- Extended the time limit. The game now ends on the morning of day 10.
- Tweaks and additions to tutorial messages.
- Experimental perspective change button. Will be improved in future versions.
- Minor bugfixes.

Last edited:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
could you elaborate on the concept? will it be a switch between TPP and FPP?
Certain scenes will (probably) have the option to switch between 1st person POV and 3rd person at will. I have a working prototype of this in 0.15, though it has some issues that need looking at. While I want the game to be a pure 1st person adventure, I also realize that sex scenes can sometimes be more interesting if you see them from other angles. With this button, you get to choose for yourself, or even jump back and forth between the two options.

Edit: For the record, you will never see the protagonist's face.

Last edited:
Reactions: DownTheDrain

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Certain scenes will (probably) have the option to switch between 1st person POV and 3rd person at will.
I like the sound of that. A lot.
I'm assuming it's "certain" scenes because doing it for all of them would be a ton of extra work.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I like the sound of that. A lot.
I'm assuming it's "certain" scenes because doing it for all of them would be a ton of extra work.
I haven't really decided how common it will be. It's not actually a lot of extra work since all it takes is to add an additional camera and render each image twice. I can do that overnight. It does take a little extra time though. I guess it will depend on how much a scene would benefit from alternate camera angles, and how "intimate" I want the scene to be.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I haven't really decided how common it will be. It's not actually a lot of extra work since all it takes is to add an additional camera and render each image twice. I can do that overnight. It does take a little extra time though. I guess it will depend on how much a scene would benefit from alternate camera angles, and how "intimate" I want the scene to be.
Well, if it isn't a lot of extra work I don't see why you wouldn't do it for every scene.
The benefit seems fairly obvious as we all have different parts of the (female) anatomy we're most attracted to. So could make an ass-person and a boobs-person (obvious simplification) happy with the exact same scene.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well, if it isn't a lot of extra work I don't see why you wouldn't do it for every scene.
The benefit seems fairly obvious as we all have different parts of the (female) anatomy we're most attracted to. So could make an ass-person and a boobs-person (obvious simplification) happy with the exact same scene.
It's not a lot of extra work, but it's a lot of extra time. The scene with two camera angles in this update took me about 4 full days (and nights) of near-constant rendering to make. Add too much of that, and it ends up holding back other content that might be ready to render.

It's one of the reasons why I hope my Patreon can reach a level where I can get myself a dedicated rendering computer. It would be much easier to set aside time for massive render jobs if I could continue working on my regular PC at the same time, while also having the renders take less time to complete overall (with better image quality).

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The scene with two camera angles in this update took me about 4 full days (and nights) of near-constant rendering to make.
Ouch...

That's a good argument to limit it to a few key scenes. Still, it could make a lot of sense for something like a blowjob scene, for instance, where there's a huge difference between 1st and 3rd person POV.

Also, best of luck getting that dedicated rendering PC. I assume a decent GPU and a metric ton of RAM are the main requirements.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ouch...

That's a good argument to limit it to a few key scenes. Still, it could make a lot of sense for something like a blowjob scene, for instance, where there's a huge difference between 1st and 3rd person POV.

Also, best of luck getting that dedicated rendering PC. I assume a decent GPU and a metric ton of RAM are the main requirements.
I agree. Blowjob scenes are the perfect candidate for this kind of thing, but there are also many other scenes where first person leaves maybe a little too much to the imagination.

If by "decent GPU" you mean a Titan card, then yeah. Turns out VRAM is incredibly important for the kind of rendering I do. I have a very good GPU already, but the VRAM is holding me back.

Reactions: DownTheDrain

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
If by "decent GPU" you mean a Titan card, then yeah. Turns out VRAM is incredibly important for the kind of rendering I do. I have a very good GPU already, but the VRAM is holding me back.
In all fairness, you listed the rendering computer as part of the $5000 per month goal. That should pay for several Titans, unless you plan to buy a new dedicated PC every month. :p

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
In all fairness, you listed the rendering computer as part of the $5000 per month goal. That should pay for several Titans, unless you plan to buy a new dedicated PC every month. :p
I was actually thinking about Quadro cards when I made that goal, but Titan might be a better option. The goals aren't set in stone anyway. I might change some of them around depending how the campaign progresses.

Crusoe

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
The game looks great and the renders look very nice too.

Can i make a suggestion? When the witch is explaining to MC how the spells work it sounds like it`s the narrator speaking not a character. Not a big deal, nothing that can`t be fixed in a few minutes.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Can i make a suggestion? When the witch is explaining to MC how the spells work it sounds like it`s the narrator speaking not a character. Not a big deal, nothing that can`t be fixed in a few minutes.
It's trickier than it sounds. When I got to that part of the dialogue, I realized that it had already dragged on long enough. To make the dialogue feel natural I'd have to extend it quite a bit beyond where it is right now, and I suspect that scene would have seriously overstayed its welcome. There's absolutely room to revisit old dialogue (and I will), but the solution to this particular quandary isn't obvious or straightforward, or it wouldn't have been written the way it is now in the first place. Thank you for the feedback though. It is very valuable in that it helps me figure out which solution would be best.

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
Is it audio? I haven't had the time to try your game yet, but if it's text only you could always colour-code the text of the speakers.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Is it audio? I haven't had the time to try your game yet, but if it's text only you could always colour-code the text of the speakers.
It's text, but you bring up a point I didn't consider. I'll have to go back and check if that's what was meant. As a writer, my instinctual response was to talk about writing style, not bugs. It's very possible I might have forgotten to tag some of the Crone's dialogue properly.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I just checked. Dialogue is properly tagged, so that's not the problem. My first instinct was right. It's merely the Crone's dialogue turning overly technical and dry towards the end of that conversation.

Reactions: Buffalo Fred
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes