Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So, has anyone been able to play the new content yet? I'm itching to hear impressions, good or bad. :)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It might take a while for it to get on here, hopefully one of your patrons are on this site.
True. I guess I keep assuming that most of my patrons have come from here, but there's really no way of knowing one way or the other.

I'm actually surprised that none of the typical sites have picked up on this update yet. They caught the original release within a few hours.

Reactions: jande21

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
True. I guess I keep assuming that most of my patrons have come from here, but there's really no way of knowing one way or the other.
Yea, I figure check back here this evening. Sometimes it takes a while for people to post the link.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Ok updated OP with mirrors. Thanks @Belle for the game and the donor for the link to the new version.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Looks like you forgot the version number and the updated date.
:mad: Everytime I can't help to forget something.
Do you have a piece of art you would like for the banner or are you ok with the one in the OP?

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
:mad: Everytime I can't help to forget something.
Do you have a piece of art you would like for the banner or are you ok with the one in the OP?
The one used in the OP is just the banner I made for my Patreon page and isn't really meant to represent the game. The most appropriate existing art would be the menu screen (perhaps with the "secret") active, but apart from that, I'd have to render something completely new.

apocalipze

May 25, 2017

i just finished the game. too bad the game ended with this and forced to go back to the menu. because the "detective" work at invade mind is a bit of grindy if we don't chose the right question. i have to load a couple of times because i keep choosing the wrong question at invade mind, and it consumes time (in game time). limited time gameplay for now is a wrong choice for me. since wrong question means wasting time and got nothing, and certain girl only have certain time to meet (like sister only at afternoon, callie morning and mostly afternoon). i think it will be better if the game keep playable even though it reached the end of the update, so people can discover more what's in the update without having to load multiple times to make alternate choices, since some action (like the private fashion show) is repeatable.

also i got some errors, like when reading the letter. chose "Men" when talking to Callie. and when asking the right question at invade mind with Callie then chose the "evidence" the error happens when clicking the "evidence".

Last edited:

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
got this error

it happens with every clue

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 134, in script call
  File "game/progression_scripts.rpy", line 62, in script call
  File "game/callie.rpy", line 446, in script
  File "game/callie.rpy", line 446, in <module>
NameError: name 'clue_callie_turned_down_suitor' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Long Live the Princess 0.15

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017

i just finished the game. too bad the game ended with this and forced to go back to the menu. because the "detective" work at invade mind is a bit of grindy if we don't chose the right question. i have to load a couple of times because i keep choosing the wrong question at invade mind, and it consumes time (in game time). limited time gameplay for now is a wrong choice for me. since wrong question means wasting time and got nothing, and certain girl only have certain time to meet (like sister only at afternoon, callie morning and mostly afternoon). i think it will be better if the game keep playable even though it reached the end of the update, so people can discover more what's in the update without having to load multiple times to make alternate choices, since some action (like the private fashion show) is repeatable.
Thanks for the feedback. I loosened the time limit more than I had intended for this version, but I can see your point. Still, the idea of the game is to make difficult decisions within a limited time, and in later versions you will quickly improve your spellcasting abilities, letting you cast Invade Mind more than once per day. There are arguments both ways, but I'm mostly afraid that opening the limit too much will create a wrong impression of how the game will work in the future, particularly since there will be events happening along the way that will change things around. I need to hear impressions from more people about this particular aspect of the game.

got this error

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\LongLiveThePrincess-0.15-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Long Live the Princess 0.15
[/code]
You need to start a new game, not load an old one. I should probably write some code that explicitly stops you from loading old saves, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

apocalipze

May 25, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I loosened the time limit more than I had intended for this version, but I can see your point. Still, the idea of the game is to make difficult decisions within a limited time, and in later versions you will quickly improve your spellcasting abilities, letting you cast Invade Mind more than once per day. There are arguments both ways, but I'm mostly afraid that opening the limit too much will create a wrong impression of how the game will work in the future, particularly since there will be events happening along the way that will change things around. I need to hear impressions from more people about this particular aspect of the game.
i understand your point, but at the invade mind part of the game,i don't really think it's a "difficult decisions" since so far there's only 1 right question to reach a conclusion and if we chose the wrong question nothing come from it and we got to do it again the next day which only makes it grindy. but if the choices is about something major for the game story-wise or when choosing something which resulting changes in relationship, i completely agree with you that the choices got to have weight in it.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
i understand your point, but at the invade mind part of the game,i don't really think it's a "difficult decisions" since so far there's only 1 right question to reach a conclusion and if we chose the wrong question nothing come from it and we got to do it again the next day which only makes it grindy. but if the choices is about something major for the game story-wise or when choosing something which resulting changes in relationship, i completely agree with you that the choices got to have weight in it.
That's why you'll be able to get more chances very quickly. The plan is to have you go through one of those puzzles and then go train with the Crone, at which point you get two attempts per day. I'm going to carefully balance the game over time to not require perfect choices at every opportunity in order to win. If the Invade Mind sequences feel "grindy" (I don't think that word applies here though), they might also need adjusting in the first place. They aren't supposed to feel like guesswork if you actually have the correct clues.

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Fantasy, Magic, Princess...etc. I like these genres. Moreover, I am big sucker for Fantasy genre. Therefore, this game instantly got my interest. I check back in 6 months or a year. :eazyHype::eazyHype:

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
please use jpgs instead of pngs ;)
You mean because of space/bandwidth? I guess I can do that for backgrounds as long as they don't use transparency. PNG just seemed like the standard used in Ren'py games, so I followed that pattern. I have no idea if there are issues using JPG in such games beyond the transparency thing.

4.60 star(s) 375 Votes