zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
@Belle I have a question: why does Erato sound surprised when she sees the Leanan? Isn't she the forest?

PS: I really hope I get to see what happenes if the MC accepts Leanan's advances. I get ME2 Morinth vibes here!

This is tagged as NTR, does it have any?
A couple of scene, but you only get them depending on a choice.

light03

Feb 26, 2018
By the way, I still do not understand what scenes are meant by NTR?
Sex with the fairy queen in front of her husband? Or Evelyn + Thaddeus?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I have a question: why does Erato sound surprised when she sees the Leanan? Isn't she the forest?
She is, but she's not omnipresent, at least not in an active sense. Of all the people we've met in LLtP, she is the most alien to the human mind. She is a force of nature, detached from human concerns and with a world view that might seem confusing or cold. She is aware of this, but makes no effort to change herself.

Look at her response when the Leanan Sídhe asks her if she's fucked the MC already. Erato merely sees this as a question she naturally has to answer, but the Leanan Sídhe sees it as so much more. These two women could never work well together.

In some ways, you could compare her to Dr Manhattan in Watchmen. He might tell you what you are going to do in 5 seconds, yet act genuinely surprised when you do it.

PS: I really hope I get to see what happenes if the MC accepts Leanan's advances. I get ME2 Morinth vibes here!
The Leanan Sídhe is a figure from actual mythology in our own world. While this is my own interpretation of the character, looking her up on Wikipedia might give you an idea of the darker implications of her scene.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
In some ways, you could compare her to Dr Manhattan in Watchmen. He might tell you what you are going to do in 5 seconds, yet act genuinely surprised when you do it.
He's actually the first character that came to mind when I read "detached". I really like Watchmen's take on superheroes.

The Leanan Sídhe is a figure from actual mythology in our own world. While this is my own interpretation of the character, looking her up on Wikipedia might give you an idea of the darker implications of her scene.
I did (briefly) look it up and well... now I'm hype.

Reactions: Belle

pongpraning

Apr 18, 2018
hello just started playing this game ver.08.1 and been going at it for some time for some reason i cant raise my courage can someone help me as to what i need to do raise my courage
thanks in advance to anyone who will reply

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
hello just started playing this game ver.08.1 and been going at it for some time for some reason i cant raise my courage can someone help me as to what i need to do raise my courage
thanks in advance to anyone who will reply
To train courage you need to talk to Thaddeus, and to unlock that you need to talk with Evelyn at home.

light03

Feb 26, 2018
Evelyn + Thaddeus, even though she's your sister which you should not lust after and are not in any sort of romantic relationship.
I honestly did not even understand why I should stop my sister from spending time as she wants? But I see, according to the plot, it is predetermined that the feelings of the protagonist towards the Evelyn are not brotherly.

Nov 25, 2017
Belle said:
I've learned about the Leanan Sidhe from Ancient Magus Bride so I know what might happen to Dickon. But you made her hot :'(.. now we feel it our noble obligation to give her the love she needs from us even at our expense. Are we not seekers of magic knowledge so that we can make it work without issue?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Really impressed by the use of a kind of obscure fairy-folk, and how her character was presented.
Leanan Sidhe has been called the"sweetheart fairy" and a muse. Leanan Sidhe is supposed to inspire artists, but if they do not live up (to her expectations) of their potential she leaves them and they usually commit suicide.
But the MC has Belle to protect him. Belle probably wouldn't let Leanana Sidhe get her hooks into her MC "sidekick" without a fight.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Really impressed by the use of a kind of obscure fairy-folk, and how her character was presented.
I had lots of fun writing that scene. I wanted her to come on really strong, to the point where the player might start feeling somewhat uncomfortable about the whole thing, but how do you do that in a genre of games where almost every woman will willingly throw herself at the MC anyway? I think I made it work, but I'm not the most impartial of judges when it comes to my own work. I actually hadn't planned to have Erato and the Leanan Sídhe clash like they ended up doing, but it just happened naturally while I wrote the dialogue. It quickly became apparent that these two are like polar opposites in many ways.

Now, what might have happened if Erato wasn't there to detach the MC from the Leanan Sídhe's advances? That's a topic we'll be returning to at some point in the future. :)

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
LLTP actually in Witcher universe, confirmed.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Just picked this one up currently on day 10 have to say i'm impressed it's a little gem that i will definitly keep an eye on.whoops just hit the pledge button from what i have seen well worth it .Keep up the goodwork :)

Gourls

Jul 4, 2017
Given that the Fairy Queen seems an awful lot like she's likely the Queen of Summer, do you have any plansto include Mab as well? I realize the game isn't actually about the fey (I think..), I'm just curious.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Given that the Fairy Queen seems an awful lot like she's likely the Queen of Summer, do you have any plansto include Mab as well? I realize the game isn't actually about the fey (I think..), I'm just curious.
Well, no. I'm not basing this mythology on William Shakespeare's works, so there is no Queen Mab in here. I'm lifting from more ancient sources. I'm picking, choosing, and interpreting according to what I feel works for my story.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
What does NTR mean lol
Cuckolding, your partner is sexed by a third person and you watch.

You can watch as the MCs sister blows the noble bloke and maybe do some more later if you want, but this locks the path.

Does anyone know any console commands for this game and/or a save which is NewGame+?
i edit my games at "save edit online". NG+ is not in yet, the game's core story is not even wrapped up yet.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I had lots of fun writing that scene. I wanted her to come on really strong, to the point where the player might start feeling somewhat uncomfortable about the whole thing, but how do you do that in a genre of games where almost every woman will willingly throw herself at the MC anyway? I think I made it work, but I'm not the most impartial of judges when it comes to my own work. I actually hadn't planned to have Erato and the Leanan Sídhe clash like they ended up doing, but it just happened naturally while I wrote the dialogue. It quickly became apparent that these two are like polar opposites in many ways.

Now, what might have happened if Erato wasn't there to detach the MC from the Leanan Sídhe's advances? That's a topic we'll be returning to at some point in the future. :)
Honestly I never felt uncomfortable around Leanan, but as you said it's hard to pull off in a game like this. Only one I know of that managed to (sort of) pull this off was Sanguine Rose, with Carmen, although even in that case I was more intrigued than uncomfortable.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Still, if you added a choice "Ignore Erato, go with Leanan", you would have a very fair "Game Over" for many players.
There will likely be a choice like that later, but I deliberately prevent the player from taking control of the situation in this first scene. I don't want this to be a "gotcha" moment, so I need to be careful in how I introduce the character to the story.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes