Ronoc19

Mar 3, 2018
I'll be honest, I was just following the walkthrough, I thought it would allow me to see most (if not all the scenes). Your answer has calmed me down. Sorry, I'm usually more patient, I was just an emotional wreck after finding out she left. My boner and heart thank you.;)

PS Love the game

PPS Keep up the good work, I'll try being more patient :happyblush
I cancelled my patreon sub when Evelyn left. I'll see, if at any point she comes back I might sub and play again, but not if I have to start at the beginning to get her to stay. Waaaaaayyy to grindy to go through that again.

Reactions: Hoostevall

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I encountered an exception just after MC is about to tell Belle about the book.

Running windows 10 if that's necessary.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/primrose.rpy", line 4718, in <module>
NameError: name 'clue_34' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 172, in script call
File "progression_scripts.rpyc", line 146, in script call
File "primrose.rpyc", line 4718, in script
File "C:\Users\prana\Downloads\LongLiveThePrincess090\LongLiveThePrincess-0.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\prana\Downloads\LongLiveThePrincess090\LongLiveThePrincess-0.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/primrose.rpy", line 4718, in <module>
NameError: name 'clue_34' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Long Live the Princess 0.9.0

Edit: Got another one soon after. Let me know if you need this one. Fairly similar except for a few different line numbers and such

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I encountered an exception just after MC is about to tell Belle about the book.
I've already answered variations of this question twice over the past few hours. My guess is that you loaded a saved game from a previous version and then immediately used rollback. That can mess things up pretty badly. Either load a save you know works, or start a new game.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
kinda grindy and belle is a raging cunt but i'm diggin the other girls and the story so far

other than the weird tits the fairy queen was hot af too
Considering the blowjob scene at the tailor store, I belive the dev plans to add content during work hours too, which would make the grind fun too. Event though for now I'd say there's very little grind at all.

Shpendik

Apr 18, 2018
Can anyone tell me about the amount of content in this game ? Tried to find the answer myself but to no avail.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me about the amount of content in this game ? Tried to find the answer myself but to no avail.
Speaking about amount of text alone, it's currently nearly up to standardized novel length (almost 100k words).

Reactions: Shpendik

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I've already answered variations of this question twice over the past few hours. My guess is that you loaded a saved game from a previous version and then immediately used rollback. That can mess things up pretty badly. Either load a save you know works, or start a new game.
Thank you for pointing it out. I spent a stupid amount of time looking around wondering where the next clue was. I hadn't realized it was integral to the clue.

Sorry for not going through the thread better. I had just assumed it was a tiny bug.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Sorry for not going through the thread better. I had just assumed it was a tiny bug.
I don't think anyone reported running into this problem (which is more of a bug with Ren'py than with my game, in my opinion) before this version, so I haven't bothered to do anything about it. Now, however, I've seen 3 or 4 reports from people running into this with 0.9, so I'll see if I can block rollback upon loading a save in coming versions to prevent it from happening again.

Loony

Jul 3, 2017
I also cannot find the lizard scales. I have gone behind the library Morning, Afternoon and Night, and nothing, all it gives me the option for is "Leave"

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I also cannot find the lizard scales. I have gone behind the library Morning, Afternoon and Night, and nothing, all it gives me the option for is "Leave"
Are you sure you're at the point where you can even find them in the first place? It seems weird that you'd know about them like you do without having stumbled upon them first, which leads me to believe you're following someone's hints and jumping ahead of yourself.

Loony

Jul 3, 2017
Are you sure you're at the point where you can even find them in the first place? It seems weird that you'd know about them like you do without having stumbled upon them first, which leads me to believe you're following someone's hints and jumping ahead of yourself.
Ok, I went back through and missed a hint from Samara. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Do you plan on updating the walkthrough at the current version or are you gonna wait?
I don't write the walkthrough, so I'm not going to be updating it. It would be far too big of a time commitment for me when I need all the time I can get to create content for the game. @Augustus Commodus is the one who's been writing it, and he sounds like he has more than enough on his plate already. I'll let him speak for himself if he pops by the thread.

Ok, I went back through and missed a hint from Samara. Sorry about that.
I'm just glad you figured it out. :)

Evros1911

Jan 5, 2018
I don't write the walkthrough, so I'm not going to be updating it. It would be far too big of a time commitment for me when I need all the time I can get to create content for the game. @Augustus Commodus is the one who's been writing it, and he sounds like he has more than enough on his plate already. I'll let him speak for himself if he pops by the thread.

I'm just glad you figured it out. :)
My bad, sorry about that

mayama

Jul 14, 2017
0.9: went into the chapter without prior knowledge, it was a nice and funny detective game, with lovely ladies nonetheless. Well written but fairly easy to solve, definitely a good update. Only underwhelming part is when Samarra tells you, bring Primrose the good news, but the game says that the "good news" aren't there for this chapter.

I guess that good story and good service can't fit in a single update, since they are both elaborate.

Only suggestion, maybe add 1-2 more interaction after uncovering "large" secrets. You connect deeper into the girls' minds and yet there so little to do (unless, this too wasn't included due to time constrictions).

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Only suggestion, maybe add 1-2 more interaction after uncovering "large" secrets. You connect deeper into the girls' minds and yet there so little to do (unless, this too wasn't included due to time constrictions).
I added a little bit to Remove Inhibitions for both girls, but time restraints was what prevented me from doing more. It'll get expanded, don't worry. To illustrate just how demanding this update was to write, it took me one week of intense brainstorming to just get past the design stage for the puzzles, and the writing for this update alone is roughly 15% the length of a full novel. This isn't even my primary job, so there's only so much time available to me for working on it every month.

4.60 star(s) 377 Votes