Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hey @Belle, if I pledge $10.00, do I get the walkthrough as well?
There is no "the walkthrough." I don't write one and I'm not going to. All credit goes to Augustus Commodus for that, and he's doing it on his own initiative. I simply don't have the time to write a walkthrough for this game as well as develop the thing and deliver monthly releases. Besides, I'm making a game that contains what I hope to be meaningful choices, so for me to say "this is the canon choice" feels wrong.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If I have theories about the story, can I post them here, or do I keep them to myself?
I love reading people's theories, so you can post all you like as far as I'm concerned.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Have you ever had an idea for the game, then read a theory and said "that's better" and changed it?
If I have, I can't recall. I don't think so, anyway. I mean, I'm open to doing that, but my ideas for this story are pretty well developed already. I also don't want to change something just because players figure out a plot twist in advance. More power to them, I say.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Theory:

1. Girl at the waterfall, old crone, and sister princess are one and the same. She was playing with chameleon scales which are used for shape shifting.

2. Fairy Queen's vision is about her getting pregnant by main character. Or her vision is of her getting netorared to be loyal to the MC. MC is supposed to be princess's suitor, so if he becomes King as a result, and has a kid with Fairy Queen, or she becomes his loyal mistress, good relations between humans and fey, somehow.

On a side note, looking forward to losing that sterile curse, among other things. I considered just fast forwarding half a year since that's how long the story says it lasts, but pretty sure, without checking, the coding says it lasts until you get something that's not in the game yet.

Bonus question, does anything happen if you fail molesting the sleeping girls enough? I wanted to end up waking Primrose since we're dating/fucking in the game, I thought she'd be okay with it. But since Primrose is twice a week, I went at the sister for about 2 weeks to see if anything happened and nothing.

Georgivd

Apr 3, 2018
This is my new favorite game on here! I kinda found it by accident but loving every second of it so far! Caused me to sleep about 4 hours less than intended yesterday :) Amazing story, awesome characters (especially Belle!!!), the writing style, the humor, the references, everything is great! I love the fact the story/gameplay is non linear, I am only on week 2 but already written down about 18 things I wanna try differently in future games. Really nice job!

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Will we see evelyn again or is she a character that was written out of the story? I got the final scene with her and was like YES! finally!:heartcoveredeyes:...then next morning I'm like what?!...noOoOoO!:'(
Great update btw...belle's interactions crack me up as always lol

Aug 15, 2017
Any plans for the next update? Can give a quick spoiler just a little? I wanna know if theres more of evelyn or nell. Or a new character perhaps.
Take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt. I'm not Belle, and I can't speak for Belle. Everything I'm about to write is somewhere between speculation and my interpretation of things Belle has written.

We won't be getting any Evelyn content anytime soon. Most, if not all, of her future content involves either her dark secret or the endgame. Nell still needs her large secret implemented, as well as Calle, which will likely happen before dark secrets are introduced, although Belle mentioned that Calle is more of an endgame character. The mysterious river woman is human, and she still needs both her small and large secrets introduced. Also, the priestess is an optional character that Belle may add to the game, and, if added, she'd also need her small and large secrets introduced. Also, unless I've miss counted, there is one other potential optional character that Belle may chose to introduce who, if human, will also have secrets. Then there are the Knock and sexual orientation altering spells that need to be implemented. There are also the shrink spell and contraception counterspell that have been mentioned and may be introduced. There are also the side stories that will eventually be added.

While Belle has said that the Fey characters will have less content then the human ones, we still need the follow up with the Fairy Queen, who bade us return in a week. The Leanan Sidhe also need to have content added. Erato may be essentially done, but Belle may be planning additional content for her. Plus there are still two more levels of Agility, three more levels of Courage, two more levels of Perversity, three more levels in Charisma, and one more level in Spellcraft that need to implemented. Not to mention such ongoing story elements including but not limited to Merek's killer, what Merek was doing in the reading room, Thaddeus, and the Crone. All before introducing Princess Selena and the endgame. And that's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. There can certainly be more that I've overlooked or that Belle has yet to mention.

It's possible the next update will focus on Nell. She still needs her large secret. There are also, if my math is right, two characters that might still be introduced if Belle is so inclined, but I get the impression that, if that happens, it will be in the middle future. I would guess that Nell, Callie, and the Mysterious River Woman will all get large secrets before dark secrets are introduced. I'm also somewhat confident that at least the Fairy Queen, if not the Leanan Sidhe, will also be updated first. I think learning at least one spell first is also likely.

Writing all that out really reinforces the admiration I have for Belle's ambition. Whatever Belle decides to incorporate next, I'm looking forward to it.
Will we see evelyn again or is she a character that was written out of the story? I got the final scene with her and was like YES! finally!:heartcoveredeyes:...then next morning I'm like what?!...noOoOoO!:'(
Great update btw...belle's interactions crack me up as always lol
If you've slept with her, you're on a path where she is no longer available as a romantic interest. She may return during the endgame, but any chance for a relationship with her is defunct. If you want to pursue a romantic relationship with her, you need to not confess your feelings yet. There will be a different route if you wait until you've uncovered her dark secret, which has not yet been implemented and won't be for a while.
Bonus question, does anything happen if you fail molesting the sleeping girls enough? I wanted to end up waking Primrose since we're dating/fucking in the game, I thought she'd be okay with it. But since Primrose is twice a week, I went at the sister for about 2 weeks to see if anything happened and nothing.
Nothing yet. The game keeps track of that information, but no aftermath has been introduced yet. My guess is that Belle will probably tackle that once all the Agility and Perversity training are introduced and all possible actions for sleep molestation are coded.

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
There's not really much of a point. I can't really tell the difference between the original PNGs and the JPGs, and I've looked. I did actually consider something like that until I did the comparison. JPGs have a wide range of compression levels with varying degrees of artifacting. The level I chose is, at least to me and my 1440p monitor, indistinguishable from the source.
Hi Belle! I am a huge fan and everything I say is meant to be constructive, but I definitely feel like I notice the compression and have also wished for non-compressed versions in the past. Take it how you want to and keep up the rest of the good work!

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
How do you get the option to sleep with Evelyn (just to see it) as everytime I try to talk to her it says I can't do anything else in this version of the game? Haven't played since 0.8.1.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
We won't be getting any Evelyn content anytime soon. Most, if not all, of her future content involves either her dark secret or the endgame. Nell still needs her large secret implemented, as well as Calle, which will likely happen before dark secrets are introduced, although Belle mentioned that Calle is more of an endgame character. The mysterious river woman is human, and she still needs both her small and large secrets introduced. Also, the priestess is an optional character that Belle may add to the game, and, if added, she'd also need her small and large secrets introduced. Also, unless I've miss counted, there is one other potential optional character that Belle may chose to introduce who, if human, will also have secrets. Then there are the Knock and sexual orientation altering spells that need to be implemented. There are also the shrink spell and contraception counterspell that have been mentioned and may be introduced. There are also the side stories that will eventually be added.

While Belle has said that the Fey characters will have less content then the human ones, we still need the follow up with the Fairy Queen, who bade us return in a week. The Leanan Sidhe also need to have content added. Erato may be essentially done, but Belle may be planning additional content for her. Plus there are still two more levels of Agility, three more levels of Courage, two more levels of Perversity, three more levels in Charisma, and one more level in Spellcraft that need to implemented. Not to mention such ongoing story elements including but not limited to Merek's killer, what Merek was doing in the reading room, Thaddeus, and the Crone. All before introducing Princess Selena and the endgame. And that's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. There can certainly be more that I've overlooked or that Belle has yet to mention.

It's possible the next update will focus on Nell. She still needs her large secret. There are also, if my math is right, two characters that might still be introduced if Belle is so inclined, but I get the impression that, if that happens, it will be in the middle future. I would guess that Nell, Callie, and the Mysterious River Woman will all get large secrets before dark secrets are introduced. I'm also somewhat confident that at least the Fairy Queen, if not the Leanan Sidhe, will also be updated first. I think learning at least one spell first is also likely.
Oh boy, I'm getting exhausted just reading about all the things I have to do. :p

I've decided to hold back some of the planned features to keep things more manageable. The missing girls are unlikely to show up before we've finished with the end game. LLtP is structured in such a way that I can easily slot in new characters (who aren't critical to the plot, anyway) after I'm done with everything else. As such, don't expect any new girls beyond the ones you've already seen for now. I have at least two more planned, but I don't think I'm going to introduce them for a long while, if ever. We'll see what happens.

I definitely don't want this to be one of those development projects that last indefinitely for no other reason than to maintain a Patreon campaign. I want us to reach the end, so I'm trying to focus my efforts towards getting us there without reducing the quality of any of the content I produce. We've got quite a way to go yet, but we'll get there.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I definitely don't want this to be one of those development projects that last indefinitely for no other reason than to maintain a Patreon campaign. I want us to reach the end, so I'm trying to focus my efforts towards getting us there without reducing the quality of any of the content I produce. We've got quite a way to go yet, but we'll get there.
Do you have any plans to make other games after completing this one?

Jan 1, 2018
will the MC impregnate Primrose at some point?
As I recall, Belle is aware that some part of his audience wants that, but no promises. Keep in mind that the endgame necessarily involves making... ahem... a strong impression... on the PRINCESS, so at best, Primrose would have to accept that, if you want her to be a part of your happily ever after.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes