Aug 15, 2017
Yes, Chaucer's are interesting.
I agree. The Canterbury Tales are very interesting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Belle should be grateful there isn't much demand for truly authentic speech and orthography. If she thought writing Samarra's original accent was frustrating, trying to write everyone's dialogue like this would probably have given her absolute fits.

Reactions: Wyrme

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If she thought writing Samarra's original accent was frustrating, trying to write everyone's dialogue like this would probably have given her absolute fits.
If I actually tried writing game dialogue like that, I'm sure someone could use that to certify me as unquestionably insane.

And they'd be right.

Aug 15, 2017
If I actually tried writing game dialogue like that, I'm sure someone could use that to certify me as unquestionably insane.

And they'd be right.
Is Chaucer not your thing, Belle? How about Shakespeare? That would be Early Modern English instead of Middle English.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The spelling and punctuation in this was copied directly from the 1623 Folio. Note that the printer used ſſ instead of ſs. Even major publications of famous authors didn't always follow the "correct" rules. It's still better than the 1631 Wicked Bible.

Reactions: Wyrme and RustyV
Aug 15, 2017
There is currently only one other girl scene. To get it, you need to work at the tailor shop in the morning when you have 20 copper pieces in your inventory. Then agree to pay for the dress.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I'm not done yet, but so far (I think day 18 or 19) I can say I like the story, the characters are cute and likeable and when you get some action it feels somewhat natural, not the forced stuff that in some games comes pretty much out of nowhere. I just hope that there will be a chance for Belle to get laid, not necessarily by the MC, but in general. She really deserves some fun :heartcoveredeyes:

On a more serious note: The Fomoiri history really reminds me of Warcraft and the chaos orcs. :biggrin:

Reactions: Belle

Varkoo91

Oct 24, 2017
i played it briefly and noticed that there are very few pictures on a lot of text (day 1). does that aspect improve with the newer updates?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Is Chaucer not your thing, Belle? How about Shakespeare?
Not really, no. Never saw the appeal.

i played it briefly and noticed that there are very few pictures on a lot of text (day 1). does that aspect improve with the newer updates?
I erred on the side of caution in the first few updates, keeping renders minimal. I use more of them as the game goes on.

Reactions: Wyrme and Varkoo91

Flynn13

Aug 7, 2018
I am new to this so sorry if I am doing it incorrectly. I really like this game and I am very pleased that the women are built more like real women without the huge breasts etc. I have run into a problem I have just completed v12 but I am short one point in agility. I can no longer train with Samara and running rooftops with Nell does not help. Is there a way to gain more agility?

Varkoo91

Oct 24, 2017
I erred on the side of caution in the first few updates, keeping renders minimal. I use more of them as the game goes on.
Oh man I've played a little further now (day 14) and the game is so damn good. The characters seem so believable and the dialogues are really well written and sometimes very entertaining.
However, Belle is the absolute highlight

The question has probably been asked several times before, but is it already possible to tell how many versions are planned?

Reactions: Wyrme and Belle

TheVicarious

Nov 19, 2017
Love this game! It's truly one of the best ones I've played on here.

I'm also wondering about the timed event thing involving Samarra and Primrose. Is there a walkthrough for this anywhere? Just got to it but it sounds pretty difficult to finish it in one week xD

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Hm. So, having read the story a little more thoroughly, I'm guessing that the princess is possessed by a demon. Otherwise I'm not seeing the point to Samarra's explanation of the Fomori and why the story went out of its way to tell the player about the backstory which, while interesting, is not really directly relevant so far.

I assume the crone is her sister and it's possible they switched at some point, though I'm not sure what the point of that would be. However, it was noted that they looked almost identical. Also, the crone hints very strongly that she and the princess know each other very well, but aren't on good terms anymore. However, this is only on the princess' side of things and the crone really wants to help her. And I suppose the woman at the river is probably the crone without the chameleon scale disguise. Maybe. Not convinced on it actually being a disguise instead of something more complicated. The crone's insistence on good manners is a bit at odds with her supposed character type, which is more often than not fairly foulmouthed themselves.

A body was found, but since this incident sounds familiar to Belle it seems likely that fey magic is somehow involved or some other kind of trickery. Assuming that the princess really is possessed, it would explain why the fairy queen has to wipe out humanity now or bang Dickon, apparently, since I assume that she'll end up sealing the demons away again like her predecessor before her.

What I don't really know is how Selena would have gotten possessed in the first place, but if the crone is her sister then they presumably both have magical talent that one or both may not have controlled very well.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The question has probably been asked several times before, but is it already possible to tell how many versions are planned?
I haven't planned a specific number of versions, so no.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What I don't really know is how Selena would have gotten possessed in the first place, but if the crone is her sister then they presumably both have magical talent that one or both may not have controlled very well.
If your demon theory is correct the demon could have been summoned but was too strong to subdue and turned the tables.
Good analysis though.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
I haven't planned a specific number of versions, so no.
Well, we know it will be somewhere between 2 and 100.

Explanation:
If we're lucky, there will be a final version, and nothing ever goes quite right the first time, so we have a minimum of 2.and the current 2-digit numbering system doesn't allow for more than 100 major updates (and who has the patience to release that many?!).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well, we know it will be somewhere between 2 and 100.

Explanation:
If we're lucky, there will be a final version, and nothing ever goes quite right the first time, so we have a minimum of 2.and the current 2-digit numbering system doesn't allow for more than 100 major updates (and who has the patience to release that many?!).
But there's nothing that says Belle can't go from 0.99.0 to 1.0.0 and not be done. 1.0 is not necessarily a final release.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
But there's nothing that says Belle can't go from 0.99.0 to 1.0.0 and not be done. 1.0 is not necessarily a final release.
1.0.0 won't be a final release, but it will be a complete release. In other words, it will contain all the features required to make it a complete game with a complete story. I'll still probably keep tweaking and adding things after that point, perhaps even adding new girls, but you'll be able to play the game from start to finish and not feel like you're missing anything.

Edit: Also, please don't assume that the version numbers work as a percentage. Just because we're at version 0.12.0 doesn't mean that we're 12% of the way to version 1.0.0. This also means that it would take one massive coincidence (and seriously broken deadlines) for 0.99.0 to be the version before 1.0.0.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes