goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
1.0.0 won't be a final release, but it will be a complete release. In other words, it will contain all the features required to make it a complete game with a complete story. I'll still probably keep tweaking and adding things after that point, perhaps even adding new girls, but you'll be able to play the game from start to finish and not feel like you're missing anything.

Edit: Also, please don't assume that the version numbers work as a percentage. Just because we're at version 0.12.0 doesn't mean that we're 12% of the way to version 1.0.0. This also means that it would take one massive coincidence (and seriously broken deadlines) for 0.99.0 to be the version before 1.0.0.
I didn't mean to suggest you'd go to 0.99 before 1.0; that was just a reply to @dstarfire saying you could do at most 100 updates before you were done.

Reactions: Belle
Jan 3, 2018
In walktrough...

"...
Talk to Samarra
Present a clue
Nell is part fey.*
Truthsayer Merek was poisoned.*
Merek would have ended up bankrupting the library in a few months had he lived (Samarra’s Opinion: Respect +1)
Primrose borrowed a book about poisons and magical reagents (Samarra’s Opinion: Respect +1)
The killer had a key, or someone with a key gave him or her access (Samarra’s Opinion: Respect +1 & Clue: Merek’s tea was poisoned.
He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?)..."

after used the clue "The killer had a key..." i don't have the next clue.
Someone Help me?

ficciricci

Mar 31, 2018
First of all (My first post, too) - I love this game! It is in a totally different class from anything else I've seen here - and keeps getting better - More power to Belle for 'transcending the genre'!
I've been following the thread for about three months, now - but haven't commented before because there is usually someone more clued up than me answering the queries as they arise, but this one I think I know!

after used the clue "The killer had a key..." i don't have the next clue.
Someone Help me?
The next clue is given to you by Samarra - as I understand it - because she is impressed by what you have already told her. She should then freely tell you something you didn't already know, specifically: that the poison smells very strongly. provided you have achieved 'Respect + 1 ' from Samarra, she will offer this info freely -
(Samarra’s Opinion: Respect +1 & Clue: Merek’s tea was poisoned.
He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?)..."
I hope that may help - sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the trees!

Reactions: Belle

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Only half way through this month and I'm already getting antsy for the next update.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Only half way through this month and I'm already getting antsy for the next update.
Don't get too excited. I got kind of burnt out by the sprint at the end of last month, so it's taken me a long while to get back into things. 0.13 is likely going to be relatively small.

thwartme

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone know if/how we can cheat the day and time?

Had some weirdness with my save. Played the game form new with 12.0, but stopped where the 10.1 walkthrough stopped. It was Day 22 - Monday morning. Saw just now that the new walkthrough was available, loaded up my save to continue, and it's saying Day 22 - Monday afternoon. My morning just disappeared. Can't do the Monday Morning activities, and when I try to do them in the afternoon, the options listed in the walkthrough are not available. Would rather not start all over again...

Any help is appreciated!

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Honestly though. If the Protag is the only truthsayer who can be trusted (apart from the allegedly demented one), then why can't he ask for more money?

In a 'take it or leave it' deal, the resource in higher demand (product versus money) always has the advantage. And in this case it seems that truthsaying is the rare one here.

Maybe, just maybe, there could be an option in a future build where demanding more coin leads to the uncle threatening to go to another truthsayer (preferably a girl) and the Protag can...neturalize her, or recruit her to his side or something.

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
You need to read the story from the beginning.
I didn't skip anything. Still don't understand. Well, that the Protag is used to being looked down on, but I am myself, aand that doesn't stop me from avoiding crappy people who want me as a partner so they can push their work on me.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I didn't skip anything. Still don't understand. Well, that the Protag is used to being looked down on, but I am myself, aand that doesn't stop me from avoiding crappy people who want me as a partner so they can push their work on me.
Note that at no point was payment for the event itself discussed. Aldred only offered to pay the MC for each day he spent educating himself, which is a pretty generous offer. It's basically a stipend.

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Note that at no point was payment for the event itself discussed. Aldred only offered to pay the MC for each day he spent educating himself, which is a pretty generous offer. It's basically a stipend.
I see...but in the end, the reason this stipend was ever offered in the first place is because the Protag's services are required for the Princess's visit and coronation, and I'm sure the uncle was doing this to prevent Protag from making outrageous demands as the deadline draws close.

If the uncle tried to save on this, Protag would simply demand crazy stuff too close to the set date for the uncle to find a replacement or do anything. That's really the worst-case scenario--at least for the uncle.

So I think my point still stands. Call it what you want, the 5 Copper is nothing more than a placating fee that Protag can't really refuse (lest he provide service for free). So he CAN ask for more, but without the Charisma stat he would be seen as mean or money loving...or calculating, but being calculating is not really part of his character, is it?

Just occurred to me. He should be grateful us 'gods' are discussing why or why not he should be paid more. Sigh...if I had a patreon and any amount of disposable income, I'd fund you. Really.

Oppanakal1

Sep 24, 2018
Excuse me,frist time im sorry about my english bcause im asian peouple, can i get some help, im done with all of primrose clue's, and now she is my gf, and idk what im doing after this, i cant get a thaddeus clue, and i dont want evelyne gone, callie is always same every day nothing happen, idk what i do next aside from fuck with primrose

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If the MC's payment is a stipend will the MC have to declare it on his taxes?

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes