goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Maybe you have only given executable permissions to "LongLiveThePrincess.sh" that is located in the first directory of the game folder.
There is a "lib" folder, within, that also includes other folders according to your system architecture (for example "linux-x86_64") in which other folder, there is also another binary file, with the name "LongLiveThePrincess" (no extension). Try giving executable permissions to that file also, and then launch the "LongLiveThePrincess.sh" from the first location. I hope it works.
That worked! Thank you!
Or, an easier way - run Permission Fixer!

Reactions: 401Grem

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'm little curious if Belle implement other coins (silver and gold) or you will have forever just heap of copper coins....
That was always the plan to do eventually, but I'm considering scrapping the system and going for a single set of coins instead.

Reactions: Sildani and k8pohni

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
That was always the plan to do eventually, but I'm considering scrapping the system and going for a single set of coins instead.
A suggestion of the fool: you could just name gold and silver coin eventually, but change them in the copper currency, just to create the illusion of a bigger world with many other aspects that are not directly involved with the story of the game.
An example, the princess arrives and give a tip of one gold coin to MC, but he will just have a classic money += 100 (if one gold coin values 100 copper coins).

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you think about how in British "Old money" (pre-decimale currency) there were units as small as a Farthing (¼d) a quarter of an old penny. Money was scarce and common people in a backwater village might never see a gold piece, all of their transactions involving money would very likely be in the lowest denomination.
Or not after all its your wonderful world Belle.

Reactions: Antosha

Raelynn

Sep 9, 2018
This might have been answered all ready but I don't feel like going through 300+ pages to find the answer but how much NTR is in this game?

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
This might have been answered all ready but I don't feel like going through 300+ pages to find the answer but how much NTR is in this game?
One tiny super optional scene. You can just pretend the game doesn't have NTR, to be honest.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
anyone have a save game for all content up to v0.19, preferably with the sister still around i lost my saves for this game

Mattock

May 27, 2018
(sorry for being late, but) I just finished playing 0.19.0 and wanted to say: great game! keep up the good work! I love it!

played last 0.10.1 and it progresses steadily and in a good way! (this even made me define a sig! thx@Krull of course! BEST GIFfer "in town"!-)

some pages ago there was a discussion about define/default, I want to say my 2cents too;
and I found 2 minor bugs in v19; but all that is mostly technical and uninteresting for the default-forum-user, so I pack it into a
(spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
(sorry for being late, but) I just finished playing 0.19.0 and wanted to say: great game! keep up the good work! I love it!

played last 0.10.1 and it progresses steadily and in a good way! (this even made me define a sig! thx@Krull of course! BEST GIFfer "in town"!-)

some pages ago there was a discussion about define/default, I want to say my 2cents too;
and I found 2 minor bugs in v19; but all that is mostly technical and uninteresting for the default-forum-user, so I pack it into a
(spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the in-depth and interesting feedback. I'm going to look into some of your suggestions. As for the Ren'py version, what is it about the latest versions that would benefit this game, exactly? Does it actually change something that users would notice, or is it all behind the scenes? As you say, upgrading would mean invalidating saves, so I'm not going to touch a Ren'py upgrade until I have to invalidate saves anyway, and even then I'm only going to upgrade if it provides an actual benefit.

Mattock

May 27, 2018
Thanks for the in-depth and interesting feedback. I'm going to look into some of your suggestions. As for the Ren'py version, what is it about the latest versions that would benefit this game, exactly? Does it actually change something that users would notice, or is it all behind the scenes? As you say, upgrading would mean invalidating saves, so I'm not going to touch a Ren'py upgrade until I have to invalidate saves anyway, and even then I'm only going to upgrade if it provides an actual benefit.
admittably for your game (and your programming style) the upgrade to 7+ may for most players be hardly noticable(?)
(-> I am no expert! any other modder with more knowledge may prove me wrong)
renpy 7+ most likely helps games with developer-created objects, and there the gain is immense!
but (my) conclusion was: IF you plan to break save-game-compatibility(it MAY be possible without...but imho REALLY HARD), then (EDIT: ) you can (end edit) upgrade renpy-version and variable-handling, but do NOT do it for a normal update...

Nerozing

Apr 17, 2018
Thoughts after finishing v20:

Damn this blonde fairy is might cut off mc dick
Fairy queen is so cute!!!
Hopefully mc can kick the fairy king ass personally

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes