RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
yeah losing weekends sucks, I work every one. But that's the bar world.
Can't wait for the update.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Couple thing are you doing okay? I get the sense that something maybe bothering you? I'm not trying to pry whatever it is I hope things work out :relievedface: If not I can come by dressed as Peter Pan with evil clown make up run around your neighborhood doing all kinds of evil shenanigans (the male version of Belle) Just the comedic value in seeing that alone makes me want to try it.

Primrose and Belle seem as if they are spins offs from your personalty?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'm doing fine. Just hunkering down for the final stretch. If you're worried because I'm quiet, then that's because nobody is asking any questions for me to respond to. I believe all the renders for 0.5 are done. All that remains is to write a short script, fix a bug or two, normalize some audio tracks, add ambiances to a couple of scenes, and test the whole thing. I'm losing part of the weekend again, but it'll be okay.

I don't put myself into any of the characters I write. They stand on their own feet. But characters will inevitably borrow parts of their writer. I don't think any of the characters in this game are exceptions to that.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I am aware that parts of ones personality find there way into characters, just thought maybe since those were the 2 characters at the start of the game maybe they were spins from your personality. Wanted to ask about that sometime ago but kept getting caught up in other threads then forgot.

LOL I guess I have to run around my neighborhood with Pater Pan outfit and clown make-up tho the neighbors already are scared of me. And I can't figure out why? (sarcasm)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
All the current characters were there from the start of the game, actually. The only two exceptions are Nell and Samarra. I can't really explain where the characters come from in my mind, but there they suddenly are.

You might want to wait until Halloween with your Peter Pan antics. ;)

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
The Peter Pan thing was a joke, not funny I guess. It just popped in my head, maybe I'll get someone else to try it. I'm just imagining it in my head and got laugh out of the reaction people would have over seeing something like that. Even funnier when to cops show up and the look on their faces. I can see a women dressing up as a Belle going around doing antics which is also funny, makes it look funnier with some sort of goofy makeup.

Oh well sorry for bring up that vision.... I was a metal fabricator so maybe I got exposed to too many chemicals, and metal dust.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
No one shares any previews or progress reports here that would get people excited about new versions so there is just not alot to talk about.
My new policy of not sharing many details of upcoming features isn't helping in that regard either, I suppose. Hopefully, the discussion after a new release should help counter that.

If there's anything any of you want to hear more about, feel free to ask. I try to avoid spoilers and making too specific promises about upcoming versions, but I love talking about the game. Unlike the early days where f95zone was the only place where anyone discussed the game, there are now multiple places with relatively active discussions (the Patreon and the Discord server in particular), so I kind of have to divide my attention between them to a larger degree than I used to, and the patron-specific places are (obviously) a priority. Still, this is the place that got my game going, and I'm never going to forget that. I love you guys (and gals), and I'm not leaving you behind. :)

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thanks @Belle! i really enjoyed 0.4 and can’t wait to play 0.5 when it hopefully drops next weekend or so.

having been reminded of the Quest for Glory games in the 90’s for PC, there were a lot of hidden story bits, puzzles, and even bonus ways to boost stats for the savvy/intrepid adventurer. will you one day be including things like that into this game?

i.e. in QfG4, it was optional to the gypsy fortune teller, and it cost you money to get a reading, but it provided for more story exposition and gave you some hints on what could help you your main quest. (sometimes hints on side quests as well) you could also talk to the characters to gain insight on stuff around the kingdom. of course in this game you had to gain their trust before being invited in so there’s that.

i was just thinking of (non-sexual) ways that players could use to learn more about the world you created. maybe a reward system for obtaining all 5 lore books or talking to a certain so and so about the royal family.

just some crazy thoughts as i slug through a slow work morning!

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
having been reminded of the Quest for Glory games in the 90’s for PC, there were a lot of hidden story bits, puzzles, and even bonus ways to boost stats for the savvy/intrepid adventurer. will you one day be including things like that into this game?
I'm not sure it will work exactly like that, but with the way this game is designed, there will be hidden nuggets of information and scenes that are hard to discover. An example of this is already in place in the current version. I'm talking about the conversation with Thaddeus about the princess sisters. It might be important later, but it's pretty hidden. Some parts of the story will be more hidden away than this, and parts of that might not be important for you to win the game. I have lots of plans, but I don't know how many of them will survive the transition from my brain to the game. Some will likely expand considerably.

One girl I have in mind for LLtP should be of special interest to Quest for Glory fans, by the way. That's all I'll say for now. :p

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
Yo Belle, don't know if you're aware of the Patreon drama that happened back in October, but now Darksilver / Big Brother is under review, one of Patreon's cash cows, so all progress/funds has been put on hold. It had thought DS/BB escaped scrutiny because he is a cash cow, but it looks like that assumption was wrong.

Anyways just seeing if you've got some sort of contingency plan. Might be something as simple as making the sister as step and having an official 'patch' to revert it back. [EDIT: their T&Cs include step-relations as still incest so this won't save it.]

I'm a Patron to you and i'd hate to see LLTP fall into the same Patreon bullshit drama.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
The Patreon page does not mention any incest.There are however some hints about mindcontrol but nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of "rewording"...hell, reading the description most of it sounds like it's just your standard fantasy VN and not a lewdgame at all. The only other thing that Patreon might come after Belle are the sexy public pictures. All of those can be fixed with ease and as a precaution Belle should do that if he finds some spare time.
DS had no reference to incest on his page also, they want him to delete his game

to be really free of patreon you need to make a version free of incest, them make a patch at another site to restore it

Reactions: atlas114

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DS didn't had no reference of incest on his page also, they want him to delete his game
Well, DS' game is/was still literally introduced as "Big Brother" on the patreon page and had some rather telling images and texts online, so it can't really get that much more obvious. I'd guess it has to be a little more subtle to be ok.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well, DS' game is/was still literally called "Big Brother" on the patreon page and had some rather telling images online, so it can't really get that much more obvious. I'd guess it has to be a little more subtile.
most devs just hide the true name of the game or use abreviations like DmD for example

anyway, it's really easy to belle to change the game them patch it, there is only one sister in the incest department, she has only a few lines right now, wouldn't be hard. DS will have to rewrite a good chunk of his game to make it pass, since there are 5 related characters in one house, and now you have olivia and her mother as well

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
this is what happens when there is a monopoly. If you have no choice you have to dance to the tune they're playing.
If you remember when all you had was Bell Telephone any call farther than your line of sight was charged as long distance. Even after the "break up" customers were at their mercy. then along comes mobile phones and suddenly there was unlimited long distance. once there is competition financial tyrants loose.
Sorry just pissed off over Patreon persecuting developers.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Sorry for my late response. I'm somewhat indisposed at the beginning of this weekend, so I'm not always available.

The Patreon shakeup happened just a few weeks after I published version 0.1 of this game, so I hadn't gotten very far at the time. I changed the pictures and the description on the main page and in posts. I don't believe any further changes are needed. The pictures are suggestive but not explicit, and they contain no references to incest. The text likewise. You will notice that I never even hint at the incest content on Patreon, I refer to the sleep molestation scenes as "night scenes," and Invade Mind is never mentioned to by name.

If Patreon should find reason to review my page, it would be over the incest content, which is rather limited in scope right now. If that were to happen, I would change Evelyn's role in the game and release a patch to restore her role to what it is right now. This would not be a big deal. If they were to review my page because of the mind control aspects of it, that would be a different issue. I have seen nothing that has made me believe this is a real risk right now, but if it were to happen, I would have to come up with some sort of emergency plan that would likely involve pulling LLtP off Patreon entirely. I'm going to deal with that if it happens.

Generally speaking, I feel like the reaction to Patreon's changes is somewhat overblown. It seems more dramatic than it is, and the creators I've spoken to who have been through this process have been treated reasonably well, all things considered, by Patreon staff. This doesn't stress me out in the slightest. I appreciate that you guys are worried on my behalf, but I don't think you should have to be.

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
That's great @Belle that you seem to have some sort of contingency if Patreon were to hit you up.
Generally speaking, I feel like the reaction to Patreon's changes is somewhat overblown. It seems more dramatic than it is
Well, Dark Silvers' recent update is Patreon have requested for the complete deletion of Big Brother. So maybe not so overblown.

EDIT: DmD is now completely gone from Patreon, another cash cow.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
would like to know the why, why is patreon doing this now?

senjeny

Aug 4, 2017
would like to know the why, why is patreon doing this now?
My two cents is that they may be looking for new investments so they want to ged rid of any controversial content that may discourage potential corporate investors. I have nothing to support that theory, except one simple rule about why companies do what they do: it's always about the money.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes